Say goodbye to all your Guild Bounts points AGAIN FFS

sporez

Fledgling Freddie
Nice work Goa.

The bugs are back. Unable to talk in group, bounty points resetting etc etc.

How many weeks we gonna have to wait this time only to get the response "we dont back up guild stuff srry".

Gifv fix info NOW.

Sporez

Jace

Fledgling Freddie
I wish he was joking. Another nail in the Camelot coffin, pathetic.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Your probably right

Afaik its the veterans that are keeping this game alive and pissing them off isnt going to help

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
As we all know the bugs in the game are introduced on purpose purely to frustrate you!

It's true.

GMs are aware of the problems and working on them btw - hurrah for MSN.

sporez

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
As we all know the bugs in the game are introduced on purpose purely to frustrate you!

It's true.

Well i will say its nice to actually have acknowledgment in game for once.

Its amazing how much service at GoA has improved after Mythic announced the opening of the Euro Datacenter :kissit:

Sporez

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
not noticed any difference to be honest but hey keep that tinfoil hat on :)

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
vintervargen said:
so, what happens to the keeps/towers now then?

At least make captains to worth some xp so i can pl an alt or whatever

Jace

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:

It's true.

Patronising replies really butter my muffin . . . it’s true :)

We know the bugs aren’t introduced on purpose but it’s the inability to fix them that frustrates, I’m sure we all feel the same.

Credit to GOA though for at least getting an in game message to the players acknowledging the problem btw.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
well he said "nice work goa" at the start ;)

just asking for a patronising reply :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
sporez said:
Gifv fix info NOW.

I'm such a spammer replying again... however..

Did anyone ever teach you some manners? Maybe just maybe you might get more cooperation if you say something like "Can we get some info about the problems and if there's a fix underway please?"

Xalin

[GOA] English Servers GM
Clicky

I am really sorry about not giving a warning when we shut down server guys. Normally we always try to let you know.

Gamah

Banned
heheexcalgotpr0ned!

Yet another reason to roll on superior Prydwen :worthy:

Xzynia

Fledgling Freddie
Xalin said:
Clicky

I am really sorry about not giving a warning when we shut down server guys. Normally we always try to let you know.

Shit! :( Thought for a moment that the serveres were gonna be _SHUTDOWN_ and not come up again...

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Thought it were funny last time, we got a msg box pop up, saying "Think of it as hard mode." :p

sporez

Fledgling Freddie
GoA earned a brownie point for resolving this problem in a timely manner. :clap:

Lets hope this is a sign of things to come.

Sporez

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
Lets hope it is not a sign of future problems.

Did they find out what was causing the problems and did they fix it? Or was it cleared because server crashed/was shutdown?

If Exc and Pryd are clustered and frontier zones have more players this is not going to be a problem? This looked like the old problems that happened when there was lots of RvR action.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
the problem was that several members of HG gained a good amount of RP (leeching off of Favail) and the server had a heart attack.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
the problem was that several members of HG gained a good amount of RP (leeching off of Favail) and the server had a heart attack.

My fault won't let it happen again, will force em to relog every 5k in future :)

Dubaxter

Fledgling Freddie
"Lets hope it is not a sign of future problems.

Did they find out what was causing the problems and did they fix it? Or was it cleared because server crashed/was shutdown?

If Exc and Pryd are clustered and frontier zones have more players this is not going to be a problem? This looked like the old problems that happened when there was lots of RvR action."

Bahhhhhhh, Bahhhhhhhh, Bahhhhhhh Cry me a River. If you stop throwing your toys out the pram and look at the fact they fixed this almost immediately you may see substantial effort on their behalf.

If you work, I am sure you would not be fixing bugs/issues at 12.30 CET at night when you are not getting paid.(presumptious not getting paid)

:flame: :flame: :flame: :flame: :

Ttillub

Fledgling Freddie
Did they fix it?
When this kind of things happened before server crashed and was seemingly ok after start.

I admit we did get 2 messages in game and it was a lot more than what it used to be. Points for that. Odd that they did not have time to put a message up before shutdown.

Anyways they could perhaps make a post/news about what happened and how they make sure it won't happen again. Not necessarily in great detail but giving some info would stop unnecessary speculations.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Ttillub said:
Did they fix it?
When this kind of things happened before server crashed and was seemingly ok after start.

I admit we did get 2 messages in game and it was a lot more than what it used to be. Points for that. Odd that they did not have time to put a message up before shutdown.

Anyways they could perhaps make a post/news about what happened and how they make sure it won't happen again. Not necessarily in great detail but giving some info would stop unnecessary speculations.
It's caused by one of the server systems crashing and so there's no way to ensure it never happens. There's a service which controls all grouping, chat and shared data like GBP. If this crashes then this problem will happen.

The last time this happened it kept crashing over and over again and so Mythic provided us with a fix to make it more robust and less likely to crash. Unfortunately there's no way to guarantee that it never will. As it stands, it looks like an isolated problem, however we are keeping an eye on it.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
It's caused by one of the server systems crashing and so there's no way to ensure it never happens. There's a service which controls all grouping, chat and shared data like GBP. If this crashes then this problem will happen.

The last time this happened it kept crashing over and over again and so Mythic provided us with a fix to make it more robust and less likely to crash. Unfortunately there's no way to guarantee that it never will. As it stands, it looks like an isolated problem, however we are keeping an eye on it.
One question, if all this data is stored on a central DB, why did we loose over a weeks guild RPs and BPs, in fact Id say closer to 10 days?

Pls dont say the DB only backs up once every week or so? And how does it only seem to affect guild points, and not personal RPs, BPs or items?

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
old.Whoodoo said:
One question, if all this data is stored on a central DB, why did we loose over a weeks guild RPs and BPs, in fact Id say closer to 10 days?

Pls dont say the DB only backs up once every week or so? And how does it only seem to affect guild points, and not personal RPs, BPs or items?

Dunno how often they Backup the DB of the GRP and GBP, but it was stated in a thread when this was a problem previously that character information and guild information (Single Char RP and Guild RP) is store din 2 different systems, so there can be a set-back in GRP and GBP without direcly affecting single characters...

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Ohhh didnt realise this was what that popup was all about, when they said they'd fix the problems in the frontiers I assumed they'd be deleting warlocks, damn :(

Gamah

Banned
Dukat said:
Ohhh didnt realise this was what that popup was all about, when they said they'd fix the problems in the frontiers I assumed they'd be deleting warlocks, damn :(

made me titter!

Nerve

Loyal Freddie
Dukat said:

BWAHAHAHA, good one :cheers:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Ohhh didnt realise this was what that popup was all about, when they said they'd fix the problems in the frontiers I assumed they'd be deleting LOS abusing theurgs, animists, overpowered RR5 sorcs, stun ability from enchanters, all pet spam toons, the ability to tame pets higher than 42 to match mid, the stupid range that scouts have, any firewiz that can 1 hit for 1400 damage, monster rezz, the strafe abuse, any means of radaring, damn :(

Yeah, ya funny...not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom