Savage - overpowered?

Puppet said:
WTF? Its actually EASIER to doa reactionary with a higher swing speed. Simply because you can do it until the mob swings again: The mob was swinging at 4.2 speed so you should have atleast TWO chances after any given evade to try and style the evade-reactionary. Not saying thats 'stupid' but it seems to me you didnt try and land the best style on this mob in this particular case (the mob is very hard to hit so high-chance-to-hit styles are the best approach)

obviously never heard of backup styles then :eek7:

and as for that ML1.7 Harpy ffs EVERYONE misses a lot on that..my friar only hit it 2 times during the raid with 30 other people on it...and other tanks had the same problem.. but if you insist of claiming u miss more..so be it.. thing is no-one cares about fixing it...you'll get no help from ANY other Team Lead and no other class is gonna care...id give up now tbh.

Herjulf

Banned
poky said:
thats one gimped savage then ;)

Thats what i am aiming at, but for some reason some people are in the nerf whine cycle and cant fucking do anything else.

What i have tried to find out, the entire thread, is other savages results vs similar higher lvl mobs.

And what race, realmrank etc they have.

This is a discussion to try to find the core of the problem, not to feed whine monkeys, sesame seeds.

BE gone, whine monkeys. /em holds out a crucifix.

I see a unbuffed buffbot outdamaging a savage vs any mob, as a problem.
So should you.

Try to get the discussion inline again pls.

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:
Thats what i am aiming at, but for some reason some people are in the nerf whine cycle and cant fucking do anything else.

You're complaining about people whining in a thread that starts off with a whine about how savages can't hit a big mob? :)

Put in some serious testing on other high level mobs, and maybe people will listen. And test with other classes too, so you can compare the miss rate, including especially classes from other realms.

You can't prove anything from a couple of mobs with one specific character: there could be, as others have said, a dozen reasons why a specific class can't hit a specific mob, or why your savage particularly can't.

And even if it proves that against very high level mobs, savages suck - what then? Every class has its weaknesses. Some perform better in RvR but weaker in PvE - or, as in the case of the necro or the thane, the other way round.

poky

Fledgling Freddie
Herjulf said:

What i have tried to find out, the entire thread, is other savages results vs similar higher lvl mobs.

And what race, realmrank etc they have.

This is a discussion to try to find the core of the problem, not to feed whine monkeys, sesame seeds.

BE gone, whine monkeys. /em holds out a crucifix.

I see a unbuffed buffbot outdamaging a savage vs any mob, as a problem.
So should you.

Try to get the discussion inline again pls.

Fair enuff.. heres my 2 cp on the issue..

This mob has some serious pathing issues.. Its location warps around alot, and thus you can get out of sight issues OR be able to attack but since the mobs location is infact on another place than where you think it is.. no positional styles will land and thus lower the savage to-hit chance alot.

Herjulf

Banned
The logged and parsed test was with a 50 HtH savage.

The log parsed and unposted test was with skald, shaman buffbot and healer.
Which will be presented again.

Gonna try to roll the services of a rr5+ savage to see if any difference occur.

I have gotten PM´s ingame of people experiencing the similar results, they have most of the time been below RR4.

One guy claimed to have an excellent hit ratio versus the Anethmic Salamander, which i having heard so much now doubt til i see it myself.

We do the "Herjulf´s Death Triangle" (i just made up that name right now ^^) when fighting the salamander.
We form a triangle around the mob with savage, skald and aug healer.
The aug healer cast a heal sphere to get aggro easier and with his dmg shield up we take it down faster.
Noone uses stick all use face, this way he wont warp around.
He will just rotate around his axis shifting aggro. Allowing us to use side, rear or front styles.

Some fool in here told me to drop it, but no way.
Its a cause now. my holy war.

P.S and yes we have seen the same thing vs other mobs. that even seers can hit but savage cannot.
Like the ML9 phoenix (84), ml1.7 harpy, wing dive mob, taur´s and some other mainly toa mobs.

I mean like there is almost impossible to purely gimp a char in this game. if u cap all stats u aer the same more or less as any other savage. with some minor eq fluff abilities, like morph.

Aldrick

Fledgling Freddie
I bet he has forgot to enchant his claws, i have no trouble hitting high lvl mobs, ok, i miss more then a warrior but i can hit all mobs i have tried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom