Savage - overpowered?

Herjulf

Banned
Salamanderstats.JPG

CLICKY
If image dont work try to click link then cut and paste it.

here u see a farming session of Anethmic Salamander, with a RR3 50HtH savage with crafted 99%+ armour parts + SC:ed to cap all stats.

Out of 862 attacks an extra ordinary "0" hits landed on target.

We did this logging session after, the owner wondered if he actually "ever" landed a single hit.

What are your experience, any other HtH savages that have noticed this bizzare behaviour.
also a very high missrate vs High RR enemys.

Is this "Working as intended"?

The log has not been tampered with, i also did a run with Statz0r and same result there, so it isnt software.

Can mention that with my skald i have a 25%+ hitratio vs this mob with a average 50ish dmg/hit. using Plague and Evernight.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Where you get that programme from? mind posting a link?:)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Got it, will have to give it a try

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
But i had a fight with a savage 1v1 today, i walked away with 70-80% hp and he was dead, no RA's used, both were buffed

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Anyone who actually PLAYS a Savage knows damn well how broken our hit/miss rate is. Anyone who actually PLAYS a Savage knows how streaky and inconsistent our damage output is. Anyone who actually PLAYS a Savage knows that nerfing us hard on the basis of the lucky hits of a few uber-buffed very high RR Savages has made the class very hard to enjoy.

Here's the Savage TL himself in a thread proving the point: http://vnboards.ign.com/Savage_Forum/b22323/68529010/?30

Play a Savage, to 50, because until you have then you have no clue what you're talking about.

Aussie

Banned
duel a savage because until you have no clue what you're talking about

mincer on alb/exc use that pet to solo alot high lvl mobs. don't think it's coincidence.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
duel a savage because until you have no clue what you're talking about

mincer on alb/exc use that pet to solo alot high lvl mobs. don't think it's coincidence.

Well they aint all that in duels, but as damagedealers in an assisttrain I find it odd how anyone can even question their damageoutput being better than the damageoutput of other lighttanks.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
No point whining about anything now anyway until we see how classes perform in Frontiers...which looks like being a return to the bad old days of Caster God Mode.

PaqMan

Fledgling Freddie
Aussie said:
how about rolling a caster mistar with the 2 savage alts

I can asure you Svartmetall is the last person on this server to roll a 'fotm' to pwn in Emain or something like that...

He clearly moans when the rest of us(including lil newbie me) tries to drag him out of a PvE session and do some RvR and then he grab his Warrior or Thane instead..

His reason for savages is, as I know, to play'em in PvE, and one of them just passed lvl 30 I think.

And he would prolly hate play a caster to.. No axes to wield, right Svart? :)

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
You mean the lvl 50 rolled-it-the-day-SI-came-out Savage, Collateral Damage, that I spent 3 hours defending against the Hibs with today? Yeah, that one, the one I kept playing because it seemed interesting, even in the first months after SI when everyone and his dog was saying how gimped H2H was and BDs were the only worthwhile SI class.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
PaqMan said:
I can asure you Svartmetall is the last person on this server to roll a 'fotm' to pwn in Emain or something like that...

I don't roll FOTM classes. I rolled a Zerk only after the LA nerf and I play a Thane (by itself eternal proof of non-FOTM-ness :D).

And he would prolly hate play a caster to.. No axes to wield, right Svart? :)

Hehe I just suck at casters, I don't...get...casters. Hell Necros are a 2-button class and I can't even play them right. If I rolled a RM I'd probably blow myself up.

Unless I'm hitting it with a bit of metal on a stick, I don't get it...guess I'm one of Nature's tanks.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Svartmetall said:
You mean the lvl 50 rolled-it-the-day-SI-came-out Savage, Collateral Damage, that I spent 3 hours defending against the Hibs with today? Yeah, that one, the one I kept playing because it seemed interesting, even in the first months after SI when everyone and his dog was saying how gimped H2H was and BDs were the only worthwhile SI class.

i cant remember a single person with a bit of sence in his head ever saying BD was the only worthwhile class in SI. It was know since (cant remember teh exact date now) SI was released on US savages was quite "nasty" indeed. And anyway, who are you to talk about savages in rvr? you always say "play a savage to 50 then whine about their damage output":ish responses. I have played savage to 50, i have played savage for a while after he dinged 50. He did alot more damage than my brothers zerk i played befor my savage. He did way more damage than the merc i was playing. He did alot more damage than the bladermaster i played on prydwen. I got some rvr experience, so far savages got far superior damage output. For example i ask Sycho now. If you was to roll a new alb grp with your old grp members and albion had savages and mercs, what lighttanks classes would you chose for your grp?

Ulkez

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, that log must be bugged....and there is nothing wrong with savage, would be nice with some useful ml's though :d

etcetra

One of Freddy's beloved
Svartmetall said:
I don't roll FOTM classes. I rolled a Zerk only after the LA nerf and I play a Thane (by itself eternal proof of non-FOTM-ness :D).

Having a level 47 thane can hardly be "playing a thane" - in the means of gimpness. As Thane's do pretty well in PvE.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
etcetra said:
Having a level 47 thane can hardly be "playing a thane" - in the means of gimpness. As Thane's do pretty well in PvE.

but they are talking rvr here tho.. everyone knows thanes are good in pve and just as useless as any other hybrid tank in rvr

Gothika

Fledgling Freddie
My savage is only rr3 atm, but what i have noticed is my miss rate in rvr is huge, capped buffs and 2xsally claws and i miss a hell of alot, in pve i have to use side/rear styles because the savage taunt doesn't have any "to-hit" bonus if i remember correctly. From my early experiences of a low RR savage i think its a fun class but i wish i had rolled a troll zerker, i know they were well overpowered before the quad rate/dr fix but at the moment i haven't seen anything ive done in rvr that would make me think "wow this is well overpowered", if this changes with higher RR im not sure but it will be interesting to see. As for frontiers i'm not too bothered about it, we lose quite a few ra's but ill still play savage simply because its fun.

Like the savage TL says, savages tend to get bad press because when a quad happens (about the same luck factor as winning the lottery) it will hit very hard, pictures will be taken and whine will be posted. But what those people don't see who whine all day long and who make posts like "how do you stop an assist train of 3 savages all doing 4x250 hits..." is the miss ratio and amount of single hits we do.

Anyhows i hope the savage team leader can convince Mythic to remove quad hits and up the % of doubles to give us more double hits over time.

solaufein

Fledgling Freddie
all the special weapon types for si tank/hybrid classes such as reaver valewalker and savage dont have very much to-hit bonus.

the thought mythic had when doing these classes were that they should be doing positional styles in combat and doing alot of dmg that way.

the taunt style for all these classes is the one anytime that does most damage, so the savage's h2h styles are working as intended with their missing.

try using your positionals in combat and u'll see that u wont miss too much

vintervargen

Banned
Lethul said:
i cant remember a single person with a bit of sence in his head ever saying BD was the only worthwhile class in SI. It was know since (cant remember teh exact date now) SI was released on US savages was quite "nasty" indeed. And anyway, who are you to talk about savages in rvr? you always say "play a savage to 50 then whine about their damage output":ish responses. I have played savage to 50, i have played savage for a while after he dinged 50. He did alot more damage than my brothers zerk i played befor my savage. He did way more damage than the merc i was playing. He did alot more damage than the bladermaster i played on prydwen. I got some rvr experience, so far savages got far superior damage output. For example i ask Sycho now. If you was to roll a new alb grp with your old grp members and albion had savages and mercs, what lighttanks classes would you chose for your grp?

i never recall you saying savages were overpowered when you 'wtfpwned'? :eek: :m00:

Gothika

Fledgling Freddie
solaufein said:
try using your positionals in combat and u'll see that u wont miss too much
I very very rarely use the taunt style in rvr, i mainly use rear stun and side chain, both of which miss ALOT.

Lethul

FH is my second home
vintervargen said:
i never recall you saying savages were overpowered when you 'wtfpwned'? :eek: :m00:

maybe you should read more channels than #celticfist then noob :p

and i still wtfpwn with my savage from time to time, and the miss rate aint insane on mumin atleast :O

Lethul

FH is my second home
but then again, maybe savages aint that overpowered.. its just me thats way more skilled ! :cheers:

edit: and stay away from my avatar

Herbal

Loyal Freddie
the 1st ss isnt a rr9 savage thats dmg done on a rr9 savage by another savage who is a much lower rr

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom