Savage "nerf" ?

Sofus

Fledgling Freddie
Savage

- A bug in Savage's chances to triple or quad has been fixed. Savages should now triple more frequently than before, and quad less frequently than before. Due to this, overall savage damage should decrease.

- Savage buffs have been halved in duration, and had their health cost halved.

- The Savage "Irreverent Gesture" line has been changed from a shout to a four second cast time.

- Savage buffs now subtract a percent of your maximum health, not your estimated health. Since estimated health was lower, this is an increase from what it used to be.

- We've toned down the damage that Savages do while wielding any weapon other than a Hand to Hand weapon.

this is copied from 1.65 patch notes... show me the nerf plz cause tbh i cant really see it :)

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
small nerf i heard...
guess we will see tomorrow.
main problem is the relics tho :>

PaqMan

Fledgling Freddie
Sofus said:
Savage

- A bug in Savage's chances to triple or quad has been fixed. Savages should now triple more frequently than before, and quad less frequently than before. Due to this, overall savage damage should decrease.

- Savage buffs have been halved in duration, and had their health cost halved.

- The Savage "Irreverent Gesture" line has been changed from a shout to a four second cast time.

- Savage buffs now subtract a percent of your maximum health, not your estimated health. Since estimated health was lower, this is an increase from what it used to be.

- We've toned down the damage that Savages do while wielding any weapon other than a Hand to Hand weapon.

this is copied from 1.65 patch notes... show me the nerf plz cause tbh i cant really see it :)

I don't play savage myself but when read the notes I see 2 marks that probably(maybe?) makes current savages cringe:

1. Due to this, overall savage damage should decrease.
2. We've toned down the damage ...

And maybe less damage with 2 handers?

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
the biggest problem has always been quad hits; quad hits is high unpredictable damage which is very hard to heal if inflicted upon a caster; damage output will still be extreme but not so unpredictable anymore and should be a bit easier to heal;

that said I also think that the 'nerf' isn't really a nerf - only the first step in the right direction; the real midgard-tank-only-with-lots-of-savages-group nerf is called ToA

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Is everyone doing occasional words in bold or are my eyes going?

ceixava

Fledgling Freddie
its not a nerf at all, its not supposed to be, its a bugfix like it says

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
savages apparantly cant spam all their self buffs anymore they actually have to choose which is best for the occasion according to some whines on vn boards

Nalistah

Fledgling Freddie
If u can't see that its a nerf, u r of tard.
Overall dmg has been decreased, and selfbuffs now eats lots more hp.
What do u call it then? A boost?

dub

One of Freddy's beloved
>>this is copied from 1.65 patch notes... show me the nerf plz cause tbh i cant really see it<<

i bet glasses will help you :D

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Nalistah said:
If u can't see that its a nerf, u r of tard.
Overall dmg has been decreased, and selfbuffs now eats lots more hp.
What do u call it then? A boost?

a fix, quad rate was bugged, the bugs been fixed. The only "nerf" is the selfbuffs taking more hp, not like thats a major nerf really is it

anubis

Fledgling Freddie
some of our guildmates went to hib/merlin
they say savages still hit for ~500 without relic addition :eek:

Lethul

FH is my second home
old.anubis said:

dont worry, only 24 days until all tanks hit for 500 styled damage :wub:

Zoia

Can't get enough of FH
Rulke said:
Is everyone doing occasional words in bold or are my eyes going?
They must have read too much superhero comics. Lots of random words in bold. ;)

Pitspawn

Fledgling Freddie
Lethul said:
dont worry, only 24 days until all tanks hit for 500 styled damage :wub:

Also only 24 days until casters get accused of speedhacking with <1.0 sec pbae :) Personally i cant wait for the wtfpwn nuke speed =)

Galodin

Fledgling Freddie
PaqMan said:
I don't play savage myself but when read the notes I see 2 marks that probably(maybe?) makes current savages cringe:

1. Due to this, overall savage damage should decrease.
2. We've toned down the damage ...

And maybe less damage with 2 handers?

We've toned down the damage that Savages do while wielding any weapon other than a Hand to Hand weapon.

this actually include 2handers m8...

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Shame they didn't swing the ol' nerf bat with this kind of restraint when they did Laxe over. Would have to say that on paper this looks more like actually bringing savages into line rather than a giant swipe with the old bat turning them into gibbering masses of purple flavoured jelly.

Still, i doubt it'l stop people calling savages FoTM :D

Buffer

Fledgling Freddie
old.anubis said:

i wouldnt say that very good, my skald hits for 400+ quite often think top dmg is 550 or so in rvr that he done, so dont think savages that overpowered

Thats 2h mind so call it every 5 secs, compare it to a sm, 2s cast time pbaoe, pet to intercept, he can do 300 dmg every 2 secs maybe more
the sm does a lot more dmg over time but easier to kill
I think part of the problem is people havent adjusted to compensate for savages, yes they too strong and they getting adjusted, but i think thats not 100% of the problem

for example 50 skald v 50 paladin
i can give a good fight, but i would expect pally to win hes a tank
i would expect to lose 99 times out of 100, but i wont go running to mythic shouting nerf . A paladin not a goot target for me, as a skald i chase minstrels, interrupt casters etc.

what really loses fights is mids get aoe mez in first, ive seen it happen other way arouind, i dont think savages win it i think its the skill of the realms healers
i maybe wrong but thats how i see it

Kinag

Part of the furniture
If he hit for 500 he most likely didn't run haste buff, only dps buff then used his natural haste from ToA equipment etc. (which can easily get pretty fast).
A zerker is able to hit for 500 to with LA styles in RvR after ToA, with +style dmg etc. and haste from items. Of course this means the zerk has to use frenzy, but anyway :p

I can be lucky to get major hits with frenzy now too on slash vulnerable targets, and hit for 500.

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
Buffer said:
i wouldnt say that very good, my skald hits for 400+ quite often think top dmg is 550 or so in rvr that he done, so dont think savages that overpowered

Thats 2h mind so call it every 5 secs, compare it to a sm, 2s cast time pbaoe, pet to intercept, he can do 300 dmg every 2 secs maybe more
the sm does a lot more dmg over time but easier to kill
I think part of the problem is people havent adjusted to compensate for savages, yes they too strong and they getting adjusted, but i think thats not 100% of the problem

for example 50 skald v 50 paladin
i can give a good fight, but i would expect pally to win hes a tank
i would expect to lose 99 times out of 100, but i wont go running to mythic shouting nerf . A paladin not a goot target for me, as a skald i chase minstrels, interrupt casters etc.

what really loses fights is mids get aoe mez in first, ive seen it happen other way arouind, i dont think savages win it i think its the skill of the realms healers
i maybe wrong but thats how i see it

yes and we all know svgs hit every 5th sec and not every 1.5, right?

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Alme said:
yes and we all know svgs hit every 5th sec and not every 1.5, right?

Sssssshhh, savages are fine pre patch.
After the patch, savages will be even more useless than Zerkers who got nerfed into oblivion. Really, the only viable options is fotm thane groups.
Run with thanes Midgard!
Regards, Glottis

Fadeh

Fledgling Freddie
Debuff nerf and Savage nerf. Might be to easy for albion this patch tbh.

katt!

Fledgling Freddie
Fadeh said:
Debuff nerf and Savage nerf. Might be to easy for albion this patch tbh.
give relics on excal for easymode tbh ;/

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
Seems that its always midgard that gets the nerf batt,the savage insta taunt is yet another example of midgard getting toned down while albion is ignored.....the savage taunt is now 4 sec timer while pallys and friars still have the same ability as an insta.. come on mythic lets treat all realms the same.....

old.Sko

Fledgling Freddie
Kinag said:
If he hit for 500 he most likely didn't run haste buff, only dps buff then used his natural haste from ToA equipment etc. (which can easily get pretty fast).
A zerker is able to hit for 500 to with LA styles in RvR after ToA, with +style dmg etc. and haste from items. Of course this means the zerk has to use frenzy, but anyway :p

I can be lucky to get major hits with frenzy now too on slash vulnerable targets, and hit for 500.

norse zerk with battler hits for like ~ 350 main /100 offhand with anytime. scale, 24% slash, 1 str relic for mids.

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
lpep said:
Seems that its always midgard that gets the nerf batt,the savage insta taunt is yet another example of midgard getting toned down while albion is ignored.....the savage taunt is now 4 sec timer while pallys and friars still have the same ability as an insta.. come on mythic lets treat all realms the same.....

Would be boring if all the realms where the same, but are living in some paralel universe where Midgard is actually underpowered?
Just curious, because you bitch like Mythic is nerfing Midgard into oblivion, each patch, but somehow Midgard managed to struggle passed the low damage output savages and the gimp healers...
Regards, Glottis

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
Glottis said:
Would be boring if all the realms where the same, but are living in some paralel universe where Midgard is actually underpowered?
Just curious, because you bitch like Mythic is nerfing Midgard into oblivion, each patch, but somehow Midgard managed to struggle passed the low damage output savages and the gimp healers...
Regards, Glottis

seems that all recent changes that have a major impact on the game are directed at midgard,some are without a doubt needed LA for example but some changes go a touch too far,why change insta taunt shout? interupts casters /archers ,fair enough but why just nerf it for the savage? again an example of midgard being treated diferantly...........how much of the changes come because of albion whining,will we come to a point in the game that so many people leave midgard/hibernia because of nerfs, that albions will no longer have a viable rvr option within the game?

its not a whine because it effects me personaly,i will still have insta charges added to items just in case...........

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
lpep said:
seems that all recent changes that have a major impact on the game are directed at midgard,some are without a doubt needed LA for example but some changes go a touch too far,why change insta taunt shout? interupts casters /archers ,fair enough but why just nerf it for the savage?

Because there's a certain sh!it with claws that stands in mez for 5 sec, then insta interrupts your casting on his permasprinting way to quad you for ~1k ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom