Savage "nerf" ?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
lpep said:
seems that all recent changes that have a major impact on the game are directed at midgard,some are without a doubt needed LA for example but some changes go a touch too far,why change insta taunt shout? interupts casters /archers ,fair enough but why just nerf it for the savage? again an example of midgard being treated diferantly...........how much of the changes come because of albion whining,will we come to a point in the game that so many people leave midgard/hibernia because of nerfs, that albions will no longer have a viable rvr option within the game?

its not a whine because it effects me personaly,i will still have insta charges added to items just in case...........

nerfed because you have determination.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Zoia said:
They must have read too much superhero comics. Lots of random words in bold. ;)
Now after the addition of /hood, all we need is /pantsoutsidetrousers :)

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
Rulke said:
Now after the addition of /hood, all we need is /pantsoutsidetrousers :)
spamming /hood could be ragarded as flashing ,lets have /moon next :)

Hien

Fledgling Freddie
Aggro shout @ 4sec timer?

What is that even good for? Who's gonna use it in PVP or even PVE?
I can't see why they don't just take the spell away if it's nerfed that hard.

That's only what I think and I would really like to know what you savvies will use it for now (or if you're even gonna use it :confused: )

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
Hien said:
Aggro shout @ 4sec timer?

What is that even good for? Who's gonna use it in PVP or even PVE?
I can't see why they don't just take the spell away if it's nerfed that hard.

That's only what I think and I would really like to know what you savvies will use it for now (or if you're even gonna use it :confused: )

For pulling.
Thats what mythic intended them to be used for in the first place.

Laseria

Fledgling Freddie
lpep said:
seems that all recent changes that have a major impact on the game are directed at midgard,some are without a doubt needed LA for example but some changes go a touch too far,why change insta taunt shout? interupts casters /archers ,fair enough but why just nerf it for the savage? again an example of midgard being treated diferantly...........how much of the changes come because of albion whining,will we come to a point in the game that so many people leave midgard/hibernia because of nerfs, that albions will no longer have a viable rvr option within the game?

its not a whine because it effects me personaly,i will still have insta charges added to items just in case...........

m8 if you think back to when the Zerker was the biggest pain in the game, due to rediculous dam output on left hand axe, ppl whined, and really had a reason for it. Then FINALLY mythic see this, and decide to give zerkers a big nerf, some migt say too big, but I cant be the judge of that siince I dont have one.....however, after they do this, they give a new character AGAIN from Mid extreme dam output, and ppl have a really hard time with these chars.....suddently ALOT of mid players roll a savage, and if not because it's overpowered, then why? So it seems to me that maybe the mistakes mythic make on mid characters are the basis for nerfing them again, and I know savages are furious about it, but try to look at it from another perspective.....what if my Blademaster hit with both piercers and critted on both the same amount of times your savages did? How long would your players be on their feet then? So to keep the "balance" in the game, they really have no choice.

Anyway thats wot I feel about the subject :>

lpep

Can't get enough of FH
Laseria said:
m8 if you think back to when the Zerker was the biggest pain in the game, due to rediculous dam output on left hand axe, ppl whined, and really had a reason for it. Then FINALLY mythic see this, and decide to give zerkers a big nerf, some migt say too big, but I cant be the judge of that siince I dont have one.....however, after they do this, they give a new character AGAIN from Mid extreme dam output, and ppl have a really hard time with these chars.....suddently ALOT of mid players roll a savage, and if not because it's overpowered, then why? So it seems to me that maybe the mistakes mythic make on mid characters are the basis for nerfing them again, and I know savages are furious about it, but try to look at it from another perspective.....what if my Blademaster hit with both piercers and critted on both the same amount of times your savages did? How long would your players be on their feet then? So to keep the "balance" in the game, they really have no choice.

Anyway thats wot I feel about the subject :>

damage output nerfed i can understand,but a simple thing as insta taunt which is un touched in another realm kinda makes it one sided,the taunt should have been changed for both realm not just midgard....

Laseria

Fledgling Freddie
lpep said:
damage output nerfed i can understand,but a simple thing as insta taunt which is un touched in another realm kinda makes it one sided,the taunt should have been changed for both realm not just midgard....

true m8.....

I can see your point here.....albion are often spared of any great nerfs, and maybe this is caused by the constant statement that albion is underpowered, which is not true......I rolled a reaver on prydwen, and was actually very surprised about the skills this character had......and if you look at emain, some people have actually found out how to use these features to their advantages, and are actually putting up a very good fight now.....and as signature states, albion is actually a very powerful realm if only ppl take the time to learn how to play their characters, instead of joining up with the amg zerg, and get 20 rp's per hour, due to the great numbers there......in zergs it's easy to hide your errors, and not be noticed, so therefore you automatically wont be tought your lacks and mistakes, and wont gain knowledge with realm rank.

My blademaster has a flurry which inflicts a small amount of damage, and I often use it as an interuot on casters, or the extra edge to get a savage down. But this feature has to be used in a point blank range, so you cant really say it should be nerfed, because it's on a huge timer compared to savage taunt, but I tried a savage on prydwen aswell (rerolled cuz I hated it too much :p) and tbh I always considered the taunt an iinstrument to pull, and nothing more, so tbh I cant see anything wrong in making it more what is is supposed to be, so the nerf itself isnt that bad :>

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
lpep said:
If you think it was justified that a savage had a insta interupt shout and NO OTHER DET TANK in the game has one then you must have a screw loose. Heck you can still use a charged item to interupt if your that upset about it. Paladins and friars deserve some form of ranged interupt because if they get mezzed it lasts absolutely ages, they (like reavers, minstrels, skalds, thanes etc) must use their insta ranged interupt to stop themselves getting mezzed in the first place. If a savage gets mezzed they shake it off in seconds and carry on anyway.

I'm so glad that next patch finally almost all the annoying insta interupts in the game will be fixed. Im sick and tired of the number of times I have had a solo savage running at me, I try to cc him and he taunts me just as I start casting. Then i will try and qc cc him and he will run behind me to "try and get his rear stun style" and i will get the stupid "target not in view (even though im /faced)", then its quad quad and without a heal im unlikely to get another attempt to qc cc before I die. Hopefully with the taunt removed and the quad rate reduced things should change. Of course I should debuff the savage while im trying to QC the cc spell but a bug in mythics wonderful code prevents any instant cast spells being cast during a quickcast :rolleyes:

As a final point I can't understand all the mids complaining about being constantly nerfed, do you forget so fast about all the overpowered things that were brought to your realm? End regen on 10 min timer, LA doing insane damage, savages....

Hien

Fledgling Freddie
Mavl said:
For pulling.
Thats what mythic intended them to be used for in the first place.
hmmm.. never thought of that =D

thought almost everyone PLed nowdays anyway =)

Well then I know what it is now then.. thx =)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
lpep said:

Its not the instataunt in itself that was the problem - its when its combined with all the other stuff savages have on one overpowered class that caused the problem. Originally intended as a pulling tool for savages, it was working as a significant factor in rvr. On the toughest tank in the game that was just silly.

Ola

Fledgling Freddie
lpep said:

You know what other classes got instant range interrupt? _HYBRIDS_, realize the difference between hybrid and pure tank?

The savage nerf wasnt big, be glad it wasnt worse.

And FYI the debuff nerf hits hibernia most as we run with mages, omg lets whine forever!

Also albion isnt overpowered atm (unless huge population + some strange love for zergs is overpowered), so stop whining about that.

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, now that the patch has been around for this day, can anyone tell about their experiences with the fixed savages?

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
i still do nice dmg. just need to remember to press shouts.

Dathcald

Fledgling Freddie
No real change, just have to press styles more often. Damage has not changed really.

Kinad

Fledgling Freddie
Insta interrupt, free of charge on a heavy damage det tank, now think and be fair.

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
Hotrats said:
I'm so glad that next patch finally almost all the annoying insta interupts in the game will be fixed.

I'll be insta-dotting you or snaring mindrats at an amg wall near you with my VW :p I get a bit of a kick out of screwing with sorcs tbh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom