Samsung Le40f86bdx

Clown

Part of the furniture
I was looking at TVs recently (well, all the time) and the Toshiba Z series caught my eye.
1080p, 100hz, 24fps blah blah blah. The only thing is that I don't need 1080p and it would mangle up my SD broadcasts even worse than a 720p set.

You can get 37" for around 800 quid and a 42" for about 950.

I ended up buying a wall mount for my projector instead.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I need to find my component to VGA thing.

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Panda

My brother has another Samsung 40" Samsung model and it's really nice; good picture quality, lots of inputs, and a nice design. However, he only bought it because he got a big discount; Samsung displays aren't known for being cheap. As the others suggest, if you don't need a big name brand or ultra-high spec, you can save yourself a lot of money.

Kind regards

Clown

Part of the furniture
I thought they were known for being cheap.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I'm gettting a 37" Sharp today. it's HD, does everything I want and there's a discount :)

Jonty

Fledgling Freddie
Hi TdC

Good luck, I hope it's everything you want :) Will you hook it up to your PC?

Kind regards

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
yeah Jonts, some streaming thing I guess, depends if I will be getting my mate's ps3 or not. then I can wifi to the '3 and then hdmi into the LCD (I hope) :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
Actually Samsung can be considered as both, the thing is they have quite a range with multiple models at each size which in themselves tend to range from cheaper to more expensive......either way they make some top quality panels.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
you can stream to ps3, and hdmi conn to tv should not be problem

you may also like to know certain hd rips off tv/hddvd/bluray that are .mkvs can play on the ps3 via streaming, of the hdd or dvd the app is called mkv2vob takes a few minutes to convert the file to somat the ps3 plays then off you go:)

thing ive noticed most about sammy and sharp lcds is that they drop price a fair bit after release.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This is the same TV my brother purchased a few weeks ago. Amazing picture quality compared to my Samsung I got a year ago.

The F series is the more expensive of the range.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom