Samsung E720

Gray

FH is my second home
Not gonna be another month, 27th is (again..) the scheduled release date, im getting more and more fed up waiting for it its just getting silly now.

Also the only thing the 6680 seems to be missing also is the FM Radio

And no doubt the N Series Nokia's will probably be put back another 2 months after scheduled release anyway, as per usual

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I really love those N Series Nokias...but I think it will be a phone I get in a years time.

In the mean time I'm going mad waiting for the 6680. I hate my SE T630 so much!!

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Well I've ordered myself the Nokia 6680 from Orange. Should be delivered in a day or two.

w00t!!

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Going to try now. They have it listed as out of stock everytime I try.

Yep, out of stock again. My mate has one going for £250 offline (new). Might just go with that and save my upgrade.

Gray

FH is my second home
They have put it back again for o2, i would *really* probably buy it from someone other than o2, but the fact im getting 50% off the line rental is making me wait.

They have again pushed it back until hmmm the 16th May this time, previously it was Monday just gone, but alas...

I seen a few adverts on TV yesterday, Nokia ones which were advertising the release of the Nokia 6680, so hopefully o2 can finally get themselves into gear and get it sorted out now, the amount of money o2 are losing to people like Orange etc must be extremely huge because of this phone

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Orange seem to be selling them to new customers, but not to upgrades.

Ordered mine offline, should be with me Tuesday. £250 is cheap as chips, saw it for £390 on nomatica.co.uk earlier.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Got my phone today!!

I have to say its a brilliant phone! I can finally get rid of the piece of junk known as a SE T630...Ive hated that phone for a year now.

Free at last I say free at last!! Nokia for teh win!!!1111

Gray

FH is my second home
I notice the Sony Ericsson K750i is having some serious software issues, just like the K700i hmmm... Although this time it seems to be affecting it where it just locks up all the time, was gonna blame o2 for the software they installed but looks like its all around which is affected...

typical SE ;o

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Funny Gray. My sister has a k700i, my friend has the k750i. Never seen or heard of one software glitch on them. Maybe it is just o2 and their shite software.

Gray

FH is my second home
There was a text message problem for people on o2 on the K700i, i had PayG and it did not affect me, but it was found to be software issue for that. Now being fixed (eventually)

The K750i is a new kettle of fish, if you use the Screen Saver then you will find that the phone will crash and needs a hard reset to fix it, this problem is not o2's fault though, it was a mistake somewhere along the lines with Sony Ericsson as it is affecting a batch of em (But not all!)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Yeah, as I said Dys. They have them available to buy -for new customers, not for upgrades for existing customers. It's a really shitty move by them, and throws out all their "putting existing customers first" crap.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Gray said:
I notice the Sony Ericsson K750i is having some serious software issues, just like the K700i hmmm... Although this time it seems to be affecting it where it just locks up all the time, was gonna blame o2 for the software they installed but looks like its all around which is affected...

typical SE ;o

What does 'typical SE' mean? I currently have a K750i (best phone ever!) and have previously had a T630 and 2 T610's and I haven't had a problem with any of them... In fact, I haven't heard of software problems on any of SE's phones. I'm not claiming I know their entire range inside-out but I research phones before I buy them and I didn't come across any issues for the 3 above.

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
I have a K700i atm (T-Mobile) not had any issues with it locking up, although saying that my Previous phone was the Z600 (same provider) and that did lock up :\

Gray

FH is my second home
Well i got my Nokia 6680 yesterday, after about 3 months of finally waiting for it. Had it on charge since i got it so its all good.

Problem is though its still not connected to the network. They didnt have any 3G SIM Cards in stock (heh its oh so funny when they tell you just as youre leaving the shop :p) but it didnt bother me that much as the only thing that cant work is the Video Calling, i'll just be picking up a new SIM Card.

One thing that has kind of confused me, this handset comes with absolutely NO content whatsoever. I cant find the ringtones (Theyre not even mentioned in the manual) and there is no "Test" pictures which ive seen on every other handset. Like for instance, a small video clip to show you what the handset can do, or a test picture showing a great picture of a Beach, things like that, and nothing is added...

I dont even know what the rings going to be like, i cant find out until im connected to the network, grrr

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Mine is with the courier, hopefully it will arrive today. Thats the phone and SIM, so I shall be using it straight away. One thing though Gray, suerly any sim will work in the phone as long as it is o2. And my friends with the phone have lots of content on it.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Gray said:
Well i got my Nokia 6680 yesterday, after about 3 months of finally waiting for it. Had it on charge since i got it so its all good.

Problem is though its still not connected to the network. They didnt have any 3G SIM Cards in stock (heh its oh so funny when they tell you just as youre leaving the shop :p) but it didnt bother me that much as the only thing that cant work is the Video Calling, i'll just be picking up a new SIM Card.

One thing that has kind of confused me, this handset comes with absolutely NO content whatsoever. I cant find the ringtones (Theyre not even mentioned in the manual) and there is no "Test" pictures which ive seen on every other handset. Like for instance, a small video clip to show you what the handset can do, or a test picture showing a great picture of a Beach, things like that, and nothing is added...

I dont even know what the rings going to be like, i cant find out until im connected to the network, grrr

I had loads of ringtones on mine. Granted there are no videos or games for that matter. But ehere were a few pictures...

I can point you in the direction of some free stuff when i'm at home...

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Fucking LOL. O2 delivered today. Great! Open it up put in the mem card, put the sim in, put the batt.... oh wait, where the fuck is the battery. Phone networks are right tits sometimes. 3-5 to send out a new handset, they cant just sent a new battery.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Anyway I got bored waiting for o2, so I searched my house. Turns out I have a compatible Nokia battery, and they are still sending me a new one :)

This phone really rocks, now I just got to spend a day customising it so I can actually use the bloody thing.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Can we please renmae this the nokia 6680 thread?

Been playing with the lifeblog software that comes with the phone. Nice idea.

Basically copies texts, pictures and videos from your phone, organises the chronologically and allows you to make a blog out of them. Good for the nostalgic, and a good way sorting your pics I thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom