Sales!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Went to town today, to buy stuff in the sales that started today...

The sales had started, but the shops remain closed. HOW USEFUL.

echo

Fledgling Freddie
Working during the FUCKING SALES is a BITCH.

That is all ;(

The one time of the year when I hate my job, truly.

Bym

One of Freddy's beloved
Sales are poo - walking around grimacing at the money that has been knocked off pressies that you just bought for someone at twice the price, grrrr!

I reckon next year I'll have Xmas AFTER the sales...

Hashmonster

Fledgling Freddie
I think they are going a little crazy on the adverts for em this year tho... the advert break before the grinch film started (i was having dinner honest!) was completely sales filled from start to finish... 3mins of that...

Sales @ courts
DFS
Currys
PCworld
etc...

i think john lewis tried a different spin on it with clearance - woohoo

echo

Fledgling Freddie
It amazes me how many people get taken in by the "WOW SALES LEET" stuff that's going on though, a lot of Currys prices have gone up quite considerably (every single gas cooker at the branch I work at went up in price, some by only a few pence (literally), some by £100).. There are a few genuine bargains, and a whole lot of shit at the same price it was at a few months ago. The only thing that we actually discounted today outside of the 20-30 sale items was clearance stuff, and that was only 10% a time... I really don't think it's worth it at all, having seen how it works from a company POV

mr.Blacky

Can't get enough of FH
Gray said:
So, all i need is an Xbox, dont care about all these bundles they have, just *a* xbox, anyone know any shops who will be selling these? Or someone whos sellin one second hand... I dont really wanna use the net to buy one, coz of the post, but that will be one of the resorts if i want this bastard :/
Hmmm I could get an Xbox for free but I have to get a mobile phone with it, good thing I need a new phone :eek:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Sales used to be a way for companies to get rid of unsold and unpopular stock, by selling it off cheap. Now its just another tool used to get people in, and develop brand loyalty.

Froggeh

Fledgling Freddie
I tend to use the christmas/january sales as the time for my yearly-clothes-shopping-escapade.

Saved about £70 so far, probably make a trip through to Glasgow/Edinburgh next week.

D

Deadmanwalking

Froggeh said:
Saved about £70 so far, probably make a trip through to Glasgow/Edinburgh next week.

So the money you saved can be nicked?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom