/Sal Dwera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littles

Loyal Freddie
Not read most of the thread but i don't feel a tiny bit sorry for you SB's having about 3 necros you can't kill. When you got like 100+ warlocks pre nerf that are untouchable then you can know what pain is like.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Littles said:
Not read most of the thread but i don't feel a tiny bit sorry for you SB's having about 3 necros you can't kill. When you got like 100+ warlocks pre nerf that are untouchable then you can know what pain is like.

Or, how to turn a friendly thread into warlock whine.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Congax said:
Or, how to turn a friendly thread into warlock whine.

Maybe the intention was to make a friendly thread but that was before nature intervened

X

xGenocidex

Littles said:

Only diff is! warlocks don't have silly melee abs... easy as pie to take down if you do it fast.. where as necros... i don't even need to explain about the melee abs on necros because its known through out the world ... well i go back to grivnes post about the old dot weapon trick and such ;/ and yes its pathetic how dot mine doesnt effect necro pets.. only class i've seen take a necro down effectively is champ ;/ and thats using rr5+bs the rest just get life tapped into oblivion if the necro aint stunned etc ;|

Lorimez Shadowblade

Fledgling Freddie
Lol

Dark Age of Whinealot.

Jaxxal been playing his necro in rvr for ages - gimped class as he explained in his post YET people are moaning about a necro! Lol. What next? Moan about Earth Wizards? DoT specced sorc's?

Kind of get the impression that if you can't beat a class - then its uber and must be nerfed!

Bet some of you are the kind of people who f***ing moan when the sun comes out and the weather is good . . . :fluffle:

Imo keep playing Jaxxal the way you do and kudos to Dwera - superb SB and great player imo. :worthy:

/bow

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
Maybe the intention was to make a friendly thread but that was before nature intervened

It was still nicer then most threads :<

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Lorfo said:
yeah salute to the adding **** that jumps casters in fg vs fg fights, then vanishes away.
Which FG fights? All I've seen these last days have been your FG farming the iRvR zergs time and time again, surely there can be no time over for your precious "FG fights"?

Corran

Part of the furniture
Lorimez Shadowblade said:
Lol

Dark Age of Whinealot.

Jaxxal been playing his necro in rvr for ages - gimped class as he explained in his post YET people are moaning about a necro! Lol. What next? Moan about Earth Wizards? DoT specced sorc's?

Kind of get the impression that if you can't beat a class - then its uber and must be nerfed!

Bet some of you are the kind of people who f***ing moan when the sun comes out and the weather is good . . . :fluffle:

Imo keep playing Jaxxal the way you do and kudos to Dwera - superb SB and great player imo. :worthy:

/bow

erm, lori..

Moan about earth wizards?

You realise that Earth spec is now a very powerful line? it overtaken ice by miles as the 2nd spec line, and it is actually decent in rvr as the main spec line with the snare DD's, ns/mater debuff etc

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
xGenocidex said:
Only diff is! warlocks don't have silly melee abs... easy as pie to take down if you do it fast.. where as necros... i don't even need to explain about the melee abs on necros because its known through out the world ... well i go back to grivnes post about the old dot weapon trick and such ;/ and yes its pathetic how dot mine doesnt effect necro pets.. only class i've seen take a necro down effectively is champ ;/ and thats using rr5+bs the rest just get life tapped into oblivion if the necro aint stunned etc ;|

easy as pie to take down fast?

You are aware that the one assassin that has the potential to drop a warlock really fast is in the same realm as it? If you don't kill a warlock in 2 and if purge is up then chances are its going to win...

kivik

Part of the furniture
Hehe, yea mercenaries and necromancers are just pointless to attack :)

Met Jaxxal on my BD and he was dead within seconds :p

swifteagle

Fledgling Freddie
The one reason I don't feel really sorry for assassins Vs a necro is they say a necro is melee immune but how many times does an assassin after ws debuffing and maybe malice come out of a fight with 80/90 or even 100% hp because everything aimed at them has been evaded,now thats true melee immunity when you arent hit not when your hit every swing but for small damage ;)

Answering the question about how much skill it takes to play a necro I'd say about the same amount sometimes a bit more than the following: Stun nuke,nuke nukers, mezz spamming bards, root spammers, BDs, Assassins 1 maybe 2 shotting casters then hitting vanish, Animists who plant shrooms under water and in bridges, any caster with the skill to hit the same nuke button 4 times in 3 seconds < takes a deep breath ;) > chamber dumping locks, ML9 pet kiters, zergs, Stealth zergs, Fgs that only seem to run over soloers, Opted high RR groups that only kill Pugs and small groups, cone spamming bainshees.

And the list would go on for many other classes against certain other classes very little of this game is about skill its more about who has what abilities up and uses them at the right time especially in solo fights. :)

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Yes necros are rubbish in FGs, zergs and against half-decent casters, but it's ridiculous to try and justify their huge OPness in 1v1 melee because of this... Jaxxal is the only necro I can think of who's made a good attempt at playing necro as a real class in RvR and I respect him for that, but the great majority if not all others don't even make the effort and just stand around looking for melee 'duels' in pure easymode, which is why I can see the class is so hated by mid and hib soloers.

swifteagle

Fledgling Freddie
Void959 said:
Yes necros are rubbish in FGs, zergs and against half-decent casters, but it's ridiculous to try and justify their huge OPness in 1v1 melee because of this... Jaxxal is the only necro I can think of who's made a good attempt at playing necro as a real class in RvR and I respect him for that, but the great majority if not all others don't even make the effort and just stand around looking for melee 'duels' in pure easymode, which is why I can see the class is so hated by mid and hib soloers.

I'm not trying to justify anything and as for standing around looking for melee duels I have maybe 2 or 3 1 Vs 1 melee fights in a day as most meleers especially certain high RR skalds ;) will run the other way as soon as they spot you or mezz and run if you catch them out and 99.9% of all stealthers who solo wont go near a necro.

I play a necro solo because despite all its faults and problems its a fun class to play,I run about and get ganked by fgs same as every other visual soloer and will fight anything that I come across I'm not looking for only melee fights
although alot of soloers,stealthers especially seem to be only looking for a fight they know they have a very good chance of winning,a generalisation I know but no more than your saying every necro apart from Jaxxal isn't making an effort to look for anything but a melee fight ;)

Its a bit like saying yes we know your rubbish in a fg and most groups wont want you so you've got a choice of soloing or not playing the class in rvr at all and if you dare to fight anyone you can kill then your a bad player ;)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
swifteagle said:
I'm not looking for only melee fights
although alot of soloers,stealthers especially seem to be only looking for a fight they know they have a very good chance of winning

Funny, I tried attacking necro's on both of my stealthers. Typical damage on NS is about 50~70 MH, on ranger abit lower (but obviously more OH hits). On the same time, the necro is insta LT'ing me back every 3-4 seconds back for around 190~210. Add a few quickcasts, and it becomes quite obvious Im unable to drop a necro pet before it drops me.

It doesnt even take any RR from the necro-side either, RR1 can do it, and there's nothing I can do about it. Only thing which matters when fighting a necro: Does he have a buffbot or not --> buffbot, he wins.

swifteagle

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Funny, I tried attacking necro's on both of my stealthers. Typical damage on NS is about 50~70 MH, on ranger abit lower (but obviously more OH hits). On the same time, the necro is insta LT'ing me back every 3-4 seconds back for around 190~210. Add a few quickcasts, and it becomes quite obvious Im unable to drop a necro pet before it drops me.

It doesnt even take any RR from the necro-side either, RR1 can do it, and there's nothing I can do about it. Only thing which matters when fighting a necro: Does he have a buffbot or not --> buffbot, he wins.

Which is why most stealthers dont bother now and a necro runs about trying to find something to fight,at least as a stealther you can choose whether to attack or not,All the victims of an assassin 1 or 2 shotting them I'm sure are saying they decided to fight you and you didnt kill them very easily with them having no choice in the matter,same goes for anyone else who is attacked and dies easily to another class.

If i'm attacked by a high RR chanter ,or low one for that matter ,stunned and nuked down in 3 seconds do I then tell every chanter to not attack me cos they kill me too easily ?
Do you not attack a lower level RR person because you know you'll rip them to shreds and they have no chance of killing you ?

As far as buffbots go every stealther and his mother seems to have one and if you attack a non buffed person how easily do you kill them are you going to give up your bot to allow for fairer fights ;)

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
swifteagle said:
Which is why most stealthers dont bother now and a necro runs about trying to find something to fight,at least as a stealther you can choose whether to attack or not,All the victims of an assassin 1 or 2 shotting them I'm sure are saying they decided to fight you and you didnt kill them very easily with them having no choice in the matter,same goes for anyone else who is attacked and dies easily to another class.

If i'm attacked by a high RR chanter ,or low one for that matter ,stunned and nuked down in 3 seconds do I then tell every chanter to not attack me cos they kill me too easily ?
Do you not attack a lower level RR person because you know you'll rip them to shreds and they have no chance of killing you ?

As far as buffbots go every stealther and his mother seems to have one and if you attack a non buffed person how easily do you kill them are you going to give up your bot to allow for fairer fights ;)

Difference is.

He can purge from spells etc. and use RA's to kill enemies but for a necro, there is no way a meleer can kill them. I have trouble even on my vamp and his got a 200-300 delve claw.

swifteagle

Fledgling Freddie
Bugz said:
Difference is.

He can purge from spells etc. and use RA's to kill enemies but for a necro, there is no way a meleer can kill them. I have trouble even on my vamp and his got a 200-300 delve claw.

A necro doesnt have purge so while I'm standing there stunned for the millionth time while wondering how long it is before i get back to snowdonia fortress I'll feel sorry for the meleers who can't kill me and all the people dying out there to people who they stand no chance against ;)

I have said necros are too powerful against meleers and i'd gladly give up that for faster cast times,more spell damage,purge,bug fixes,full use of artis and charges,full use of champ abilities etc but then i'd roll a normal caster and join in the 3 second killer caster brigade and wouldnt be playing a class i find fun to play.
As I said before most meleers dont even bother fighting a necro anymore so most of my fights I'm at a disadvantage Vs casters and fgs but I won't turn away from a melee fight the same way everyone else wouldnt turn away from a fight if attacked or because they know they can win it easily.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
swifteagle said:
a generalisation I know but no more than your saying every necro apart from Jaxxal isn't making an effort to look for anything but a melee fight ;)

Its a bit like saying yes we know your rubbish in a fg and most groups wont want you so you've got a choice of soloing or not playing the class in rvr at all and if you dare to fight anyone you can kill then your a bad player ;)
True, I wasn't meaning it to come across quite so strongly, there are a few other necros who's I've seen trying other than bridge camping on occasion, so I'm not saying all other than jaxxal are looking for easymode, but in general it really is the impression I get.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
swifteagle said:

They got a hell of a better chance in killing me, then a melee-class has in killing a necro. Also, Ive left various (much) lower RR people alone, simply because there's no challenge in fighting a RR2 SB (for example).

The difference is that a buffbot makes me on-par with other buffed people. Where a buffbot makes a necro over the top against melee-classes. Read: Buffs have a far far far greater effect on necro's then on other (in melee fights).

And yes, stun nuke nuke is the bane of a necro. But against other casters, with ur steady-casts and insta's, you sure have a chance. Seen Bigchief tell on IRC his necro could kill most casters if they didnt stun him.

Just because buffs give a pet insane absorb doesnt mean its balanced.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
They got a hell of a better chance in killing me, then a melee-class has in killing a necro. Also, Ive left various (much) lower RR people alone, simply because there's no challenge in fighting a RR2 SB (for example).

The difference is that a buffbot makes me on-par with other buffed people. Where a buffbot makes a necro over the top against melee-classes. Read: Buffs have a far far far greater effect on necro's then on other (in melee fights).

And yes, stun nuke nuke is the bane of a necro. But against other casters, with ur steady-casts and insta's, you sure have a chance. Seen Bigchief tell on IRC his necro could kill most casters if they didnt stun him.

Just because buffs give a pet insane absorb doesnt mean its balanced.

but only an idiot dies to a necro. The cast speed is slow, the range is 1500 and isnt effected by toa bonuses. It has no purge, it can't use end pots so can be kited like mad ... any body who wishes to bail vs a necro need only sprint off in the opposite direction as fast as possible and just keep running, after a short time the necro *has* to recall his pet or lose it entirely because he lacks any form of speed. A necro has no cc, it has a snare ... not even a root, let alone aeroot or mez or stun.

Sure it may be considered to be overpowered in certain situations but no so more than any other class. The fact is there are so many downsides playing a necromancer that it is for most people not even fun to play so people don't.

IF /who necromancer 50 gave 30-40 matchs in rvr zones, then I would agree. Its lucky to give you one. Its a shit rvr class, anyone with a brain can actually beat it, just the usual f8 spam anytime crap doesn't work. Its not a popular class for rvr, it can't use charges, pots, boats, some toa bonuses, has no access to purge, to cc, etc etc, so noone wants to play it. So quit whining about there 2-3 people who actually want to play their necromancer, if you can't handle fighting it, don't. I really don't care if you are a stealther or not, anyone in this game can outrun a necro, so everyone has the option of fighting it or not.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
My god, people are actually whining about necro's in RvR ?

How many necro's do you actually see in an entire week of RvR ? 1 maybe 2 at the weekend ? There almost as rare as cabalists were back when daoc was first released.

If I spot 1 necro a night its a rarity, and trust me, im looking cause I love the absorb buff on the few occassions a week I actually spot one in the frontier !

And as the above person said, even IF you are fortunate enough to see a necro, you don't have to even fight him if you do not want to.

Personally I give a big /salute to anyone putting up with all the shit and downsides of the class to actually attempt and RvR through the frustration, if I had more time i'd try it myself.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
there's a reason a necro isn't played much: there just isn't much fun about it. sucks against everything except tanks, and they can just run away from the necro if they are losing (or choose not to engage in the first place)

pip

Banned
Don't no if its just me, but it is funny warlock/necros don't engage much:) they tend to just /ignore each other or am i wrong?

Puppet

Part of the furniture
bigchief said:
Its a shit rvr class, anyone with a brain can actually beat it, just the usual f8 spam anytime crap doesn't work.

Funny you mention this. It might be just stupid me, but what besides F8 spam anytime crap can a tank do ?

I normally avoid necro's, for obvious reasons, but when u get a necro adding 'who wants MCL2' its not really much choice, u say u can kite em.. well perhaps I can kite em, but that snare allows em easily to catch up. Can't restealth, pet will snif me out. Can keep running obviously till Im back @ a keep or so, but I can do that against all non-speed classes. Just because you can avoid them, can outsprint them, its okay to be practically melee-immune ?

I've never actually seen a necromancer-TL or a serious suggestion from Mythic to fix necromancers. With fixing I mean: access to a real purge, arti's etc, but with the price they dont have insane absorb. Its quite obvious most necro-players dont wanna trade the absorb with that ---> they loose the ability to solo pretty much all encounters ingame :p

Why dont they remove the absorb for PvP, but leave it in for PvE, then u can get all the arti-purge-CC-love u want, now its just a stupid designed class.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Conclusion of this thread: Puppet will whine about everything that is able to kill him on any of his chars.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Bondoila said:
Necros in rvr is just silly, should only be used for pve(arits/pl).
Is less skill in that class then a bd :<. How fun can it be to just command a pet which have like 1 miljon hp.

this post made me giggle. :m00:

Zeadia

Fledgling Freddie
back to the topic of dwera...

great couple of fights between us last night :) dont know how i managed to get you second time :) sorry couldnt /bow but was interupted by the damn NS who popped me :S

great couple of fights :) well played /salute

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom