Saddam Caught?

C

Conchabar

Originally posted by Asha
not just that, we pump our food (meat, milk, eggs, dairy) full of hormones and antibiotics - regulated by the FDA - head of the FDA appointed by the president. It's not one president. It's all the Presidents we've had in the past few decades. That is just one example, I could give alot more but I got better things to do :p

lol is that really true tis to funny to be true comon really ?

Z

zmurf

no I voted for nader. I was voting in the state of Virginia which hasn't gone democrat since before WW2 or so, because of the US election system there is no point in voting in VA - it's going Republican - so I did a protest vote.

I plan on voting for Dean so far, but I haven't totally made up my mind. He is trying to go for donations from individuals, but I would be shocked if he's not bankrolled the same way they all are in the end.

I have something else to add. Why the hell would a European be jealous of Americans? Americans work harder, longer (it's true, we work harder and longer than any industrialized nation), and get far far less holiday (vacation) time. We have the best healthcare in the world, but a shocking number of us aren't entitled to that - especially children (and the cost is going up and up with no end in sight). We have a lower quality of life in general - the food we eat, the time we get with our families, our education systems... what is there to be jealous of? Our SUVs that we're chained to with the debt we owe for them? Our McDonalds on every corner and the huge % population that are obese? Sure, we can invade countries. Sure, we have huge corporations that are very rich. Do you think the average American sees a penny of that wealth? no. Something like 5% of Americans control 98% of the countries wealth. The average American isn't going to see a penny of the Iraqi oil money, we just get the $160 BILLION bill. Plz tell me why they would be jealous. Cause we get Friends first?

Don't know who ever claimed europeans r jealous over ppl from the states, wouldnt make sense as the general, so called, working class in 90% of europe has a much higher living standard than the genereal working class of USA ...

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Conchabar
lol is that really true tis to funny to be true comon really ?

some meat from american cows are or were not legal to be sold here in europe or atleast in the netherlands, because of the hormones in the cows. We werent (and prolly still are) not sure if it is actually wise to do it.

Americans have a habit of having a less careful aproach when it comes to the enviroment and possible healthrisks (tokyo agreement is maybe a nice example aswell).

Also Asha your healthcare system is great for the rich as you said. So imo it sucks ;), your basic healthcare system(the one for the poor) isnt so good which is the one you should base your statement on how good such a system is in a country.

A

Asha

zmurf, was said in this thread at least once, I ain't reading all that toss again sorry :p

Driwen, it was my point ;)

Z

zmurf

zmurf, was said in this thread at least once, I ain't reading all that toss again sorry :p
fair enough, kindda like agreeing on getting tortured ...

O

old.ST200

Eh coim, the weather varies so much from place to place... how can you say they have it better?

Sorry but, that's just stupid :)

C

Conchabar

heh american football players in colleges afaik get laid all the time though so life has to be better :x<tis in canada anyway from talking to my canadian friends \o/> not the same in england and ffs u have cheerleaders :>

O

old.Dillinja

This thread would've been more interesting if the yanks hadn't started posting tbh.

Their self-righteous view on everything sickens me.

L

loxleyhood

He may well be caught, he might not. Might just be a huge publicity stunt. Could be the honest truth. Saying that they have DNA evidence doesn't necesarily mean that they have Saddam. Has anyone here seen the DNA evidence? Do you really think it would be so hard to forge the results?

Z

zmurf

not much of a PR stunt, if Saddam then desides to make a video and give it to the press, the states will look pretty stupid then, wouldn't be worth the risk, far from ...

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by loxleyhood
He may well be caught, he might not. Might just be a huge publicity stunt. Could be the honest truth. Saying that they have DNA evidence doesn't necesarily mean that they have Saddam. Has anyone here seen the DNA evidence? Do you really think it would be so hard to forge the results?

That's what I was trying to say but the pictures of him do look pretty convincing.

B

Brynn

Yer and like somone said earlier. They wouldn't fake this. Coz all Saddam has to do is to make a tape of him taking with proof its of him now. And US is buggered for forging that kinda details

L

loxleyhood

The special effects in some films can look pretty convincing.

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by Brynn
Yer and like somone said earlier. They wouldn't fake this. Coz all Saddam has to do is to make a tape of him taking with proof its of him now. And US is buggered for forging that kinda details
They could easily claim that it is a fake.

L

loxleyhood

Like they have done with all of Saddam's videos.

L

loxleyhood

I think you'll find the majority of people would have more trust in a video released by Saddam than a video released by the US.

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by Driwen
and how many people would believe that?

Not many, but people who claimed that it wasn't would not be acknowledged by the US government.

L

loxleyhood

US government doesn't give a fig what other people think. Easy enough to propaganda other those pesky rogues.

D

Driwen

Originally posted by old.Dillinja
Not many, but people who claimed that it wasn't would not be acknowledged by the US government.

except that they would be by most other foreign goverments and that would mean USA losing face internationally. Which is not a smart move (allthough Bush might be dumb enough to not see this).

Edit: but if this Saddam is fake, then the real one will surely make a video or a tape and release it within a month? So we will know soon enough.

L

loxleyhood

Ha, US has shown it doesn't mind losing the support of other countries.

O

old.Dillinja

Originally posted by Driwen
except that they would be by most other foreign goverments and that would mean USA losing face internationally. Which is not a smart move (allthough Bush might be dumb enough to not see this).

You mean they haven't already?

US doesn't care about losing 'face', as long as there are countries who want their aid they will be able to do what they like.

D

Driwen

Ha, US has shown it doesn't mind losing the support of other countries.

other than France and Germany they still have most of West europe supporting them actually.

L

loxleyhood

No, out of Western Europe it's more or less just us and Spain, neither of whom have influence in the EU.

D

Driwen

No, out of Western Europe it's more or less just us and Spain, neither of whom have influence in the EU.

well that shows atleast how little you know, I know Netherland supports the effort so does Italy aswell. Dont know about other countries, but cant be bothered to look much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom