Football Sack Hodgeson

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Roy Hodgeson said:
At my age and with all the years I have spent in football, a quieter, more tranquil life - and certainly a quieter, more tranquil start to my work at this great club - would have been very desirable

Came to Liverpool because he desires a "quieter, more tranquil" life?

Have to say it - and it's been a long time coming prompted by a string of gaffes - sack the fucker*.

First time I've ever said that about a Liverpool manager. Even Souness. :eek7:

*To be fair, if he's been misquoted then don't. But he's been spouting all the wrong shit since he came here and I don't fucking like it.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Unless the team perform a 180 he will be gone within a fortnight.

leviathane

Part of the furniture
such high hopes for such a shite/thin team makes me laugh. Although i can agree they should atleast be beating "lower" league teams. But tbh seems all the top teams have been struggling this year.

No investment into a club with players leaving is completely the managers fault xD

leviathane

Part of the furniture
just because of all the mindless drivel i've had to put up with on fb from lollerpool fans i actually hope they go down. That'd actually give em something to qq about.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Disagree Wazz.

/high-minded yet condescending preaching tone ON :)

I've stood by every manager I've ever actually seen Liverpool play under Wazz.

I sat in a pub with a mate when Hodgeson was signed going "um, ah, tbfh I think he's done great things with no pressure at Fulham, but I think the fact that he's currently the darling of the managerial merry-go-round doesn't really add up to much. I don't think he's as amazing or intelligent as people say and if he signs Konchesky.........."

Since he's been at Liverpool he's committed several "cardinal sins" and the sad thing is it seems so predictable - he was greenlighted by Hicks and Gillette and the worry at the time was that, after the obstinate warmongering of Benitez, they'd want a Yes Man.

Firstly he says that we should lower our ambitions. There's too much unrealistic pressure to succeed. Fuck that. Football starts in the mind and thinking small equals being small. You can't succeed unless you aim for the top. We'll accept less and stand by the team as long as they've given their all, but we all know where we want to be. Shanks and Paisley taught us that.

Would you say to a manc fan in the stretford end that they should be happy with anything less than first? Of course not.

Secondly, he's complained on multiple occasions that it's "hard work" and "more than he expected" being at LFC. First time I've ever heard a manager say that. You either live and breathe this job or fuck off. Compare it to what Benitez' wife said when he first signed - told a story about how on his first date he was doodling tactics and the fact that he's pretty much 24/7 football. Job comes first, wife second...

Thirdly, and probably least importantly tbh, we're languishing in the drop zone with the team playing like it's got no idea. No tactics, no plans. Just a nice defensive structure and then "go out and do your thang lads" seems to be all he's got.

There's been no improvement since pre-season. If anything they've gone backwards and I've never bought that a managers tactics can be that hard to understand. The only mitigating factor is that it may take a while for the players to shake loose from Benitez's brainwashing-style.

With almost the same team that Benitez took to 2nd, losing only twice all season, conceding less and outscoring (by a country mile) all competitors, Hodgeson's got us playing like a 3rd-tier team with no spine despite fielding the best goalie and central midfielder in the league.

IMO :)

Edit: I hope I'm wrong. I'd be the first to admit to being a twat if Hodgeson did a spectacular u-turn and started acting and performing like the star man he's supposed to be. I just haven't seen anything but negative mid-table-manager cack, pseudo-intellectual waffle and baby-like petulance from him so far...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I pretty much agree with all of that Scouse, as nice a bloke and as good a coach as he is I never saw him being strong enough for a job that size. That has shown through in recent weeks without question.

Liverpool will be in a tricky spot when they get rid of him though, do they bring Kenny in to try steady the ship or do they take a gamble on Martin O'Niell? I have a feeling that Kenny will demand a chance but I honestly think the time may well have passed him by. Football has moved on alot since he last managed a top side and competed in Europe, it certainly isn't the game it was when he last managed Liverpool.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
hodgson, why did they bother getting him? this very man said roberto carlos was not upto it as a left back and pld him as winger then had him sold to real.

still pool scum deserve all the shit they get:)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Best display of the season so far against Everton.

:(

Lethul

FH is my second home
hodgson, why did they bother getting him? this very man said roberto carlos was not upto it as a left back and pld him as winger then had him sold to real.

still pool scum deserve all the shit they get:)

Because Hicks and Gillette wanted a yes man just as scouse said.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
I never really liked him when he was in FC Copenhagen, and i'm suprised he got as far as he did.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I never really liked him when he was in FC Copenhagen, and i'm suprised he got as far as he did.

Good coach, not a great manager. He knows how to set up sides to frustrate and beat others but he doesn't have the man managment skills to be running a big club with multi-millionaire stars. He has always done well at bringing along lesser sides with lesser players though, that makes him a good manager but Liverpool really need a great manager or they are going end up going longer without a league title than United did in the 70's and 80's.

rynnor

Rockhound
I think you have to lay most of the blame for crap performances on the players.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yeah, really don't get why Hodgson's getting so much abuse after the playing (s******) staff Rafa left him. The squad lacks quality in every single department, except in goal.

Edit: Oh ffs stupid swear filter. Clearly have not said anything racist. IT'S PC GONE MAD DEEBS

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm puzzled at the view that Scowsers have, that their team somehow "deserves" to win the Premiership.

You don't see Evertonians doing the same, and yet they had their period of dominance also.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm puzzled at the view that Scowsers have, that their team somehow "deserves" to win the Premiership.

You don't see Evertonians doing the same, and yet they had their period of dominance also.

It is the reason people find it hard to feel sorry for LP fans and LP as a club.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
All the above guff is already answered by my long post on Hodgeson :)

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Also, why does his Wiki page have a photo of Manchester Utd celebrating winning the Champions league?

I fear shenanigans may have taken place, or indeed high jinx of some sort.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yeah, fucking typical that a Scouse Red fan doesn't even have the ability to spell his own manager correctly, despite it appearing in every newspaper, every match program and all over your website. It's even spelt correctly on your Sky and BBC coverages so even the most reactionary of armchair fans should know how it's spelt.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If you love him so much you're crying over spelling why not have him replace Wenger. It's not as if he's done anything for years :p

:)

Marc

FH is my second home
Yeah, fucking typical that a Scouse Red fan doesn't even have the ability to spell his own manager correctly, despite it appearing in every newspaper, every match program and all over your website. It's even spelt correctly on your Sky and BBC coverages so even the most reactionary of armchair fans should know how it's spelt.

lol

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
If you love him so much you're crying over spelling why not have him replace Wenger. It's not as if he's done anything for years :p

:)

He's done the two major things your club has been whining about wanting to do for the last few years: clear debt and get a new stadium.

Only he can actually make these things happen, and doesn't have to rely on super rich Americans to bankroll him.

The name of the game is football management, not coaching. Not everything's about short-term success. But then you should know that, given that you're still living on glories from 20-30 years ago.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Who do you want to see take over from Hodgson Scouse?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom