S(hi)t Anger

M

mank!

NME reviews are awful.

Case in matter - the Manics. They hated them for years, but gave them a good review live and for the greatest hits/bsides. AT LEAST BE CONSISTENT.

M

maxi--

they also gave them a 0 for the greates hits, because basically it proved all along what they'd been saying, The Manics sold out big time, and i hate using that term 'selling out' but for once the NME were right, how the hell can such a band see fit to release something as cash-in-tastic as a Greatest hits?

Richey would be turning in his bedsit, or wherever his is. not 4 real 4 sure.

But regarding almost EVERYTHING ELSE THEY EVER REVIEW, i agree, they're awful they NEVER tell you anything about how the music sounds, just a quick NME abridged history lesson on

1) how this band wrote the rule book on <genre>
2) how this band sound like <insert seminal band name> (even though they never do)

whic usually is so far off the truth, its stunning

and the added extras:

3) how they have nice hair, and wear tatty jeans

by FAR the worst culprit at the NME currenlt is Imran Abrham(or something)

responsible for the Kings Of Leon review, which is actually the worst review i think I've ever read, Strokes comparisons all over the shop yadayada best debut album of the last 5 years yadayada son of a preacher man. Bullshit. the album would be good if they hadnt of released 50% of their album content on their two previous 'EPs', which i bought. Still it is NOT one of the best debut albums of the last 5 years weather you discount the EPS or not.
sorry..tagent.

M

mank!

Originally posted by maxi--
they also gave them a 0 for the greates hits, because basically it proved all along what they'd been saying, The Manics sold out big time, and i hate using that term 'selling out' but for once the NME were right, how the hell can such a band see fit to release something as cash-in-tastic as a Greatest hits?

Richey would be turning in his bedsit, or wherever his is. not 4 real 4 sure.

As much as I hate the Manics now, the band have said it was a contractual obligation. Whether or not that's true is open for debate, but I don't care anymore.

Originally posted by maxi--
by FAR the worst culprit at the NME currenlt is Imran Abrham(or something) responsible for the Kings Of Leon review, which is actually the worst review i think I've ever read, Strokes comparisons all over the shop yadayada best debut album of the last 5 years yadayada son of a preacher man. Bullshit. the album would be good if they hadnt of released 50% of their album content on their two previous 'EPs', which i bought. Still it is NOT one of the best debut albums of the last 5 years weather you discount the EPS or not.
sorry..tagent.

Kings of Leon sound fuck all like The Strokes, and having only heard Red Morning Light I can safely say they're ten times better. It's a pity for them they've become NME darlings, because that's probably the worst thing that could ever happen to a new band.

NME reviews are fucking shit, end of. Q reviews are just as bad, but they review a wider range of stuff. Either way, I've not found a magazine for a long time that caters for both my taste and has decent reviews. Annoying really :/

M

maxi--

Originally posted by mank!
Kings of Leon sound fuck all like The Strokes, and having only heard Red Morning Light I can safely say they're ten times better. It's a pity for them they've become NME darlings, because that's probably the worst thing that could ever happen to a new band.
[/B]

I don't know it has its good sides, they get to meet hot ass clinger-oners like Kate Moss and stuff, and get loads of fucking money, but they also get the twats that'll refuse to like them because they are NME darlings, if i were them, i wouldnt give a flying shit! cos y'know they could play a gig and pretty much fuck every girl there, whilst their boyfriends watch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom