S(hi)t Anger

S

Sar

Is it just me or is Metallica's new album so very very very very VERY shit?

(No limpdicks with "witty" comments like 'Oh but that's no change there then', thx)

What the fuck happened in the last several years between S&M (sheer genius) and St. Anger? Is this really what we've been waiting for 6 years for since their last studio album (Reload)?

Where did Jason go to? Who the fuck is this new guy (Trujillo or something)?

Looks like Metallica have finally defeated the online music downloaders - by producing a steaming heap o' shite that no-one will want to d/l at all...

Discuss etc.

:(

L

leggy

Gone are the days of ride the lightening and master of puppets.

Just a bunch of old crap bastards now.

T

Trem

Read NME review of it today and they loved it, gave it 9/10 I think. Only really liked them in small doses, One, Nothing Else Matters etc.

S

(Shovel)

Originally posted by Trem
Read NME review of it today and they loved it, gave it 9/10 I think.

That confirms it then...

P

Pac^

James been to rehab, Jason had "personal issues"
I suspect they'll grow out of the "Pantera" phase, I know I did.

S

silverthorn

COME ON SAR!!!
Give it a chance mate... it rocks big time.

I first got into the Metallifux during Justice and their old stuff is still some of THE best metal around but ya gotta move with the times and I have to say ReLoad is probably my fav Talli's album but this is just so frickin heavy...

...admittedly production is crap (what is it with Lars snare drum anyway?) but the album is awesome

Give it a try and persevere with it, I promise it'll grow on ya

Trujillo is a Monster on bass and plays very similarly to good ol' Cliff Burton. He was playing bass for Ozzy before this and was originally the Suicidal Tendencies bassist... did you not get the DVD with the album with all the songs played in the studio? That actually sounds a helluva better than the album production!

any more for any more... come on bring it on I'm ready for ya :D

W

Wij

I used to love Lightning, Puppets and Justice but I've not liked anything since tbh.

S

Sar

Originally posted by silverthorn
did you not get the DVD with the album with all the songs played in the studio? That actually sounds a helluva better than the album production!

any more for any more... come on bring it on I'm ready for ya :D

Yeah I got the DVD with it, haven't watched it because I was surprised with the bollocks quality of the songs.

I'll watch it, but don't expect much out of it tbh.

Lars' snare drum is a bit wank too btw :)

Oh and don't diss Pantera (phase? I'm 28 in Sep and still love 'em) by comparing them to this album - they are class from Cowboys from Hell to Reinforcing the Steel.

P

Pac^

hmm..i'm 33, thats like 5 more innit.

I'm not dissing Pantera, Dimebag Darrell shreds :)

It just sounds like Metallica have lost there way songwriting wise.
Maybe they lost their Black Sabbath album and found Vulgar Display of Power, :(

D

danger

Originally posted by Sar
Yeah I got the DVD with it, haven't watched it because I was surprised with the bollocks quality of the songs.

I'll watch it, but don't expect much out of it tbh.

Lars' snare drum is a bit wank too btw :)

Oh and don't diss Pantera (phase? I'm 28 in Sep and still love 'em) by comparing them to this album - they are class from Cowboys from Hell to Reinforcing the Steel.

Nah you're right sar it's shit listened to it 8 times and it's still wank other than St Anger the track which has sorta grown on me... BTW. The DVD is shite as well.. . basically it's just them in the studio and they play every track on the album... don't say anything inbetween... it's not shit... err bland is a better way of putting it...

and as said earlier... WHY DO THE DRUMS SOUND SO SHIT?! Did they not HEAR it before release :( Gimmie the black album any day!

D

danger

It's a shame.. bought tickets to see 'em at reading... It's gonna be shit i reckon coz they'll probs play like 4 maybe 5 decent songs then probably 3/4 of this album :|

G

gd_deathscythe

st anger isnt too bad but compared to master of puppets its gay.

i watched metallica live on mtv2 the other night and hetfield cant reach those high notes in enter sandman for shit !!!!!!

W

Wij

Metallica did some good ch00nz Wazz :)

Just not for 15 years or so :)

D

danger

Wij is truely my source of self destruction...

ED: it has to be said also.. the album is growing on me quite a bit... I quite like it now :)

G

Gef

Originally posted by danger
ED: it has to be said also.. the album is growing on me quite a bit... I quite like it now :)

If you try hard enough, you can learn to like any sort of music. All you have to do is find the good points about it, and try to ignore the shit bits.

Unfortunately Metallica make me want to scoop my brain through my ears with a plastic spoon. Then beat lars over the head with it, the greedy capitilist whore fuck.

Thats all.

Bye

XX

W

Wazzerphuk

A couple Wij, and even at that they're pretty bland. There's nothing special about them at all.

And they ruined a whole bunch of Mercyful Fate tunes with their Mercyful Fate medley that appeared on some gay album of theirs. Bastards.

S

silverthorn

Well I like it... nay, I'd go so far as to say I love it so there!

/me shuffles off in a huff cos no-one likes St Anger :(

S

silverthorn

I'm not sure whether to take that as an insult or not Wij ;)

...but I can categorically deny that I am not :D

T

Trebz

I've always managed to like most of metallicas stuff, everyone seems to have a phase of metallica they like, but personally I like all of it. Except St Anger, its just uhm.. not metallica.

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Wij
I used to love Lightning, Puppets and Justice but I've not liked anything since tbh.

it's true :(

R

ReActor

Originally posted by Trem
Read NME review of it today and they loved it, gave it 9/10 I think. Only really liked them in small doses, One, Nothing Else Matters etc.

NME's reviews are baffling. They seem completely clueless most of the time and as such should be avoided, and certainly not trusted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom