RvR + XP groups

T

Tilda

Ahoy there roleplayers! ;)

My and quite a few friends are tired of the recent zerging on excalibur.
Sooo, were thinking of starting an xp group or 2 on hib pryd when it gets /level 30.

Can anybody give me some tips on group building with the end aim on RvR?

I was thinking of 1 bard, 1 warden, 2 druids, and then either 4 caster classes with pbaoe, or 4 hero's ofc the 4 casters/tanks could be exchanged etc.

Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks,
Tilda

A

Aran Thule

My opinion would be that for a single group you would only need
1 druid if you have a bard and warden already.
However a little overlap never hurts.
Maybe change it for a mentalist(mana i think), as they can heal and you will be able to have the bard sing end song as power would be covered.
Also a skilled mentalist in RvR can get the great skill sever the tather, which is always a laugh to see <grin>.

As for the mage/fighter question, i would go for a mixture of both, might not be as strong in some areas but would be most versatile.
i would have a shield tank to help the mages when needed, its not advisable to use your mages undefended.

F

Freppe^^

Well, druid(nur),druid(nat),warden,bard, 3x bm, 1 hero would be okey. Or i would do like, 2 druids(nat,nur) 1 bard. 2 mana chanters, 1 mana eld, 1 void eld n 1 hero.

Works pretty good both.

A

alme

Id go for 1 NA/reg drood 1 nurt/reg drood, bard, 4 BMs, 1 hero. Then u can replace 1 of the BMs with either a mana eld for debuffs/disease, or with a warden.

A

Aran Thule

Jood, i hope you are joking there my friend, but incase you arnt...

is the case of a M(assively)M(ultiplayer)O(nline)R(ole)P(laying)G(ame), you are assumed to be taking the role of someone that isnt you.

However some people take the roles a bit futher, often making them act in a certain way, speak in a fashion, and adding a bit of history/flavour beyond the stats that appear on your screen.

Theese people are generally termed as roleplayers. <grin>

as usual this is just my opinion :p

J

Jonaldo

Welcome to Hibernia!

oh no wait.. it's Tilda :p

R

Regicide

uhm.. I would say

1 bard
1 warden
3 heros/champs/bms (one of which might be replaced with ranja or shade)
3 nukers (best would be void eld, mana chanter/eld, light chanter)

these nukers are able to debuff for eachother and any combo of just two of them rocks ;)

This would be a tank group. One of the nukers, or one of the tanks, could be replaced by a druid. Or a mentalist.

For focus pulling, well...

1 bard/mentalist
2 druids
5 nukers.

I think that 1 mana chanter + 4 void elds would rock here. IF you are out in the open (like 4fins) where they can use their range. Else go with 4 mana chanters and a void eld for debuffing :)

I prefer the first kind of group myself, but people keeps telling me that exp is better in the second ;)

S

stunned

When will /level 30 be introduced on Hib Pryd !?

C

chiefbootknocka

fooken alb/exc nubs cum here and get yo ass fubar by PE/MM

T

Tilda

Originally posted by stunned
When will /level 30 be introduced on Hib Pryd !?

<gulp>

Just wait and see :p

Thanks everybody for your oppinions, more are welcome :D

R

razorboy

damn, more exca peeps

go away :( it's all mine I tells ya!

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Tilda
Ahoy there roleplayers! ;)

My and quite a few friends are tired of the recent zerging on excalibur.
Sooo, were thinking of starting an xp group or 2 on hib pryd when it gets /level 30.

Can anybody give me some tips on group building with the end aim on RvR?

I was thinking of 1 bard, 1 warden, 2 druids, and then either 4 caster classes with pbaoe, or 4 hero's ofc the 4 casters/tanks could be exchanged etc.

Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks,
Tilda

Tip: PvE is not RvR. In PvE 2 druids is really an overkill if you use focuspulling which is, no matter how you put it, the fastest way to level. But very boring and can be annoying for the tanks.

Can be smart to make a caster-heavy dedicated XP-group and once they hit 50 powerlevel the toons you need for RvR. Might be faster in the end and you can make some backup toons. For instance make 2 bards that incase the bard is sick/cannot make it your not group is not useless in RvR.

Hibernia has abit more groups which are worthwile to play in RvR then Albion.

As frame for RvR I would say: 2 druids, 1 bard, 1 warden and then 4 spots you can fill with something your choice. You covered there your essentials (healing, resists, end-regen, speed, CC, PBT). Might be smart to make 1 druid regrowth/nurture and one regrowth/nature and have backup-CC on the druid for (insta) AoE-root. Really nice on tank groups who purge ;) Also all naturalists have a useful unique RA. Chanter RA is nice to make you immune to CC and magic (well almost).

T

tildson

Try hib even if /level 30 doesnt go in.

Best groupsetup in hib is atm a castergroup, melee-group to fragile vs Bof&SoS.

1reg/nat druid
1reg/nurt druid
1 lurikeen s/s hero
1 bard
1 mana eld
1 void eld
2 mana chanters

P

Puppetmistress

Óh and another general tip:

www.prydwen.net

Go to the forums there. Alot of Hibs arent here and can be found there ;)

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by tildson
Try hib even if /level 30 doesnt go in.

So true. Not like the level 20-30 really matters if you got a dedicated XP-group.

And caster-groups works very well yeah.. But even better in PvE where you can control aggro and the freebie armour doesnt matter as much for casters as for tanks.

R

red_dog

Originally posted by Freppe^^
fuckin roleplayers

Is this just an expression of a personal sexual preference Freppe? Or something that you want everyone to get involved in?
:scared:
Because either way, thanks for the offer, dude, but as a roleplayer I really don't want to engage in any such activity with you...

P.S. What Aran said, with knobs on!

F

Freppe^^

Well, its really just an expression how fucked up u r. nothing further

A

AbPoon

Hib tank groups have a prob due to how the end regen works in the realm, also the realms lacking nice defence ra's like what the Albs have and dont have the raw damage dealing power of a Mid group.

On the whole i think a Hib tank group vs a Alb or Mid tank group is going to get pounded if both are at the same skill level.

But although Pryd is a much more friendly server then Excal ever was and the people on the whole seem more mature and helpfull the RVR here isnt at the same lvl as Excal, There arnt many RVR guilds and not many balenced FG's around so i think in general with knowing how well FC in general plays on Excal your going to have no probs with 90% of the groups you meet, this seems to stem from Excal having younger and more l33t wannabe people who are more into power gaming (I'm guilty of this to an extent)

But anyway Tilda we've nearly swapped roles, i'll be playing against you as an Alb whining about Insta mezz and you can have fun whining about our bof and sos ^^

Good luck on Hib they seem good peeps and i'll be seeing you in Emain ¬_¬

R

red_dog

Originally posted by Freppe^^
Well, its really just an expression how fucked up u r. nothing further

But in what way? You see I'm interested in why some people on this forum are so aggressively anti-roleplayers, bearing in mind that DAoC is exactly what it says on the tin, a Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. Of course if you don't want to play like that then fine, PvP is set up to cater for those who want nothing more than to zap the bad guy in a medieval version of Quake. Equally, there are a lot of people who call themselves 'roleplayers' who get very agitated by the 'go4tehwin' mentality, but to them I would say play how you want to and ignore the rest. But why does the mere fact than some folk play the game as a roleplaying game rather than a battle game get up certain people's noses? I'm just curious...?

Of course, this isn't what this thread is about, so my apologies for the diversion. Just thought I'd raise the question.

P.S. What Aran said with knobs on +1

K

klavrynd

Hib tank groups have a prob due to how the end regen works in the realm, also the realms lacking nice defence ra's like what the Albs have and dont have the raw damage dealing power of a Mid group.

(taken from the herals style listing)
paladins : range 1000
bards :range 2000
shaman : range 1000

hib's lacking defence ra's, think you forgot your brain in your jordheim vault when you switched servers

<snip>FG's around so i think in general with knowing how well FC in general plays on Excal your going to have no probs with 90% of the groups you meet,<snip>

winning a fg fight with 2 balanced fg's isnt too hard indeed

A

AbPoon

Originally posted by klavrynd

hib's lacking defence ra's, think you forgot your brain in your jordheim vault when you switched servers

winning a fg fight with 2 balanced fg's isnt too hard indeed

End range isnt the problem, end regen stops when bards being attacked unlike all other realms, ie all the time also bard is most easy to kill compared to shammy and pally, expect to be ooe alot due to this

Defence ra's, OK lets compare Albs tank group defence, FH BOF SOS SB (To an extent) spec af buffs (Small but noticable in tests) all these RA's will help you take the flack from a tank group (Only caster that is viable is now is PB but i said tank groups here i didnt include casters)

Hib tank group defence, GP good for getting out a shitty spot but when the savages and mercs are smacking seven shades of shite out your support it really isnt much use, BAOD great vs pb groups and great if you manage to fire before cc lands, if not when the tanks are hitting on you its gonna do you jack all good apart from a cleric not being able to pb and you not being able to be rooted.

As for your last part FG vs FG 2FG vs FG etc same thing your just nit picking and didnt back up anything you said in the slighest, being RR7 i expected you to know these simple things.

Anyway now he's out the way welcome to Pryd ;)

J

Jonaldo

Says Klav who plays DAoC - EASY MODE :p

K

klavrynd

i dont like excal people (except mm)

especially not alb/excal people
especially especially not fc -dont add cos we're 2fg allready-

prydwen shouldnt be excal #2

O

old.Downanael

Dont like me either :(?

P

Puppetmistress

especially especially not fc -dont add cos we're 2fg allready-

prydwen shouldnt be excal #2

I dont like people putting ALL players of Excalibur on 1 pile.

I think people doing that are short-sighted, narrowminded, superficial and in general lack some sense of realism.

I mean, in all honesty, how deep can you sink judging people at what server they choose when they fire up the game for the first time connected to the European-servers?

To be honest your clueless remarks say ALOT more about you then about people who play on Excalibur.

The remark about 'especially not alb/excal people' and about fc is even more stupid, but I guess there are people with air in their skull who really say crap like that.

You got experience against/with Alb/Excal? So you played Excalibur? So your a member of the 'Excal people'?

Damn, you must be a really narrow-minded. Not only you say the most stupid stuff but you're also insulting yourselves.

K

klavrynd

ooo does the little albsiewoowoo feel attacked

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom