RvR movies - what have they ever done for us?

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
i love watching other solo movies, and mostly about characters from hib. I dl a few alb/mid movies that seemed good but its always easier to relate to classes that you play urself or that are similar ofc:)
I liked frozens movies cause i myself dabble on vw, and i think i learned a lot just by watching his. Also a few vw movies from americans i watched been quite entertaining. havent watched many other hero movies but would like to see more of those. i liked ravens movie as well...was simple in ur face and good action. I never really been in a set rvr group, so havent dla lot of those, but i do find a value in watching some good ones there too...as you learn a lot from it as well.
I made mine as a legacy mostly. And to learn from my own misstakes. Its the only chance you have to let other good players come along with you when you fight and see what misstakes they think you make and then hear them comment on it.
But as someone else said..mostly to have a good memory from when all this is gone:)
over and out..

Himse

FH is my second home
Chronictank said:
lol throwing stones while in a glass house, but either way
As you didnt bother reading the thread about the movie:

As for worst grp, we went toe to toe with rr8+ grps and for the most part put up a fight. Won some, lost some but thats how it goes (Except VF grp, sorry i keep forgetting the guild name, who handed our asses to us the majority of the time). And the whole guild started from rr2 and ended on rr6+ depending on peoples play times in full group rvr which our toons were created from scratch for. You could count all the guilds who have done the same on 1 hand.
I'd love to see you try wipe the likes of la, AD, VF's grp when they have all their toys up (in NF pretty much every fight) when the collective rr of a new grp is 16.

Back on topic, i personally watch videos before i roll a new class to see how best to spec/play or just for entertainment value :)

RR means nothing tbh, he was just a shit savage. Yer AM were ok, because you had rr11 healers... :|

illu

Part of the furniture
I think people know that everyone dies a zillion times that mostly doesn't get shown in 1on1 vids and obviously only the best fights are shown.

The best bit about vids are learning from other people (Civiliel sp? et al), seeing the way people have made the vid (using moviemaker or vegas), and of course looking for yourself in other people's vids :>
Also having people pm you telling you they liked your vid is really nice and just hearing people's comments on your film is good, and bad comments are also good as long as they are constructive.

The worst bit about vids are the people that think that 1 or 2 nights footage makes a great vid.
When you look back at vids you have made and glaring mistakes or things that you do totally different now and you wonder how you did actually win that fight.

Apart from that I watch every vid that semi-interests me all the way through simply because someone took time to make it, and make a comment about what was good and what could be better :>

We should have some awards or something, Top 10 8v8 Movies of 2005, Top 10 1on1 Movies of 2005 :)

I'm waiting for some free time when I can compile a 3rd vid, I have the footage, now I just need the time to go through all the clips / edit / compile / music / put comments in the film :/ Hopefully a month or so :)

Oli - Illu

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
I find I enjoy vids more that involve classes/playstles that I'm familiar with, as I can appreciate the good play, and know pretty much what they're doing at any time, I think it's the same for a lot of people. That said, I do find many solo vids boring, particularly pure tanks who they have very few tricks, so the fights simply involve straight melee 1v1, 1v2 with maybe a battler and IP thrown in etc. This is no fault of their own but its very repetative and doesn't make for interesting viewing imo.

Vids with rarely seen classes such as frozensolids, or players trying a rare spec/setup thats normally taken to be gimp but doing very well with it are much more interesting. Can't stand the chuck norris solo vids either, knowing that a player who isn't really that tough has skipped out most of his death footage even in good fights just makes the fights he does win seem down to luck. On the other hand the 8v8 vids I enjoy are generally the pure ownage ones, I'm not interested in seeing how an above-average group plays, rather how a super effective group, the kind that can take on 2 FGs at once plus a small zerg plays. It's also a lot better to have 8v8 vids from multiple POVs imo rather than just one class the whole way.

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Tualatin said:
pfff.. so, i made this sorcerer for nothing? It's not that great!? Hmpf.. guess i'll continue my infil then >)

hey delete em dan :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom