RvR: Improved Since classic or not?

Do you find RvR better now than before classic?

• I run FG RvR and Yes I find it better now

Votes: 54 17.8%
  • I run FG RvR and I don't find it better now

Votes: 61 20.1%
  • I am a stealther and I find it better now

Votes: 12 3.9%
  • I am a stealther and I don't find it better now

Votes: 39 12.8%
  • I hate stupid polls.

Votes: 138 45.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Calo

Part of the furniture
Infanity said:
Lol xD

If someone is going to have a go at someone "OH NOES YU IZ A KIDDY! !123123/1/,!!! go to sko0lz k!?!?!/!" They need to check that they're actually able to insult someone saying they need an education, before posting like a retard.

so , is whole severance a guild full off people who correct grammar/spelling faults on a gaming forum or what?

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
CstasY said:
Can you not see the difference between someone saying: 'OMG kid! If you can't see my point of view then you need to go back to school!' and someone giving his oppinion on what an MMORPG is, then calling him incompetent?

i might have understood what you meant over voicecom, but as it is with forums i honestly dont know what you mean:p
Sure i know the difference..but what did that have to do with my reply?
I just saw you calling him moron...and i think the reason for calling you a child was exactly that, he sees you as a child mentaly:) It might be harsh...but callling him a moron wouldnt exactly bring out his velvet gloves for you either .

Chap

Loyal Freddie
ebenezer said:
ok..then im helping you understand right now that whatever school teach in general doesnt aplly to all countries...or all ages. You have to think about that everyone isnt of same age...school changes in a 30 year span too. So dont be so quick and jump to conclusions you dont know anything about.
I said i know horl...talks with him everyday and can asure you he is an educated man, whatever his english skills. Now just leave it at that. ur still saying that being good in english tell you how educated someone is, and i tell you still ur wrong. Would all french people be un educated? or most at least, no...cause they might have disadvntages in their own language that makes them inable to speak as well as people from other countries do. And just be happy that you do speak it good...or at least write it good. We might just be lucky we dont hear you speak with ur danish accent, some of the danish friends i know from my childhood sounded like they had a hot potato in their mouth when speaking english...but thats nothing i would hold against them is it:p
So please...stop this silly spelling discussions cause ur over ur head, Just an advice.

I said IN GENERAL! even highlighted it the 2nd time.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Calo said:
so , is whole severance a guild full off people who correct grammar/spelling faults on a gaming forum or what?

No?

And seriously, what the fuck happened with this thread :p

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Chap said:
I said IN GENERAL! even highlighted it the 2nd time.
i know..so im saying for the third time so you dont have any doubts whether the general bit aplies to horlely or not, that he is educated. So is it anything else you are in doubts over?

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
Bertram said:
Well this was the first Childrish reply you came up with... The one i talked about was just the second one... But tbh i dotn care...

Ok so let me get this straight, my second reply, which read:
CstasY said:
If all else fails, call the person a child.
..Was childish? Howso?

Bertram said:
The only thing i can see and understand from your behavior is you are a child ... If not in age then mentaly...

Yes because you have a brilliant basis for this.

Bertram said:
Grown people with just slight Intelligence wulden insult people like that tbh..
You just almost out of teh air call him a moron? Dont you see thats stupid?
If you dotn you shuld consider listen to the people in here and see how many there thinks you are childrish... We might be rigt you know?

I call a person a moron if he is too stupid to see over the edge of his own moral high ground.

Do I stand and preach about 8v8, and how it should be conducted? No.
Do I stand and preach about ZergvZerg, and how it should be conducted? No.
Do I tell you exactly how the fucking game should be played? No.

Just because when you read the description on the back of the plastic DAoC box, it spoke of epic battles and siege warfare, that doesn't mean thats how the game is suposed to be played. Why the hell do you think Agramon was implemented? For epic battles? It was implemented because the majority of the playerbase cried about the lack of a decent 8v8 zone, after the removal of OF emain.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Knothead said:
chronic i think you will get banned by doing pre organised fights. so think before you speak.
horlely wants the game to be played how mythic intended it to be played realm Vs realm not l337fg Vs l337fg these are the people who are ruining the game as they want to be the leetl57 of the l337. these people pretend to only want to fight each other but more often than not jump in fights they come across.
or will not rezz their realm mates. these are the people who ruin the game as they are not playing it how it was meant to be played.
so to all the fags who think they are to good for this game fuck off and play Cs cos this is what you are turning this game into.
the fact you didnt even read my reply speaks for itself really
and no, noone will get banned for stating a zone for fg's to go and fight its been going on for years on this forum/irc i have yet to see someone banned for it.
aswell as the fact they cant prove that your account on this forum is anything to do with a daoc game account without IP address or something similar. This is impossible to get since it is protected by the data protection act.
And it is YOU who tried to tell people how to play, not me i didnt say anything about how people should play in this thread
I wont be replying to any more of your drivvel, as if you bothered to read you would see that all i said was you are hypocrit and just as bad as the imaginary people you so despise.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
CstasY said:

Just because when you read the description on the back of the plastic DAoC box, it spoke of epic battles and siege warfare, that doesn't mean thats how the game is suposed to be played. Why the hell do you think Agramon was implemented? For epic battles? It was implemented because the majority of the playerbase cried about the lack of a decent 8v8 zone, after the removal of OF emain.

Just gotta add something here. Where did you get the impression that majority of player base wanted agramon? Did you see any numbers of that. If not it just tells people you and some others wanted a new place. Its not many people playing daoc any longer and by pleasing some of them as well as the others by keeping the NF area which the rest obviously like playing in AND implimenting agramon for the people wanting more fg fights, they make more people stay playing the game.
Just cause you see all the whines about fg fights etc here doesnt mean anything. At least 90% of the people i know playing this game dont even post here. And they dont have this opinion only.
Mythic i jsut clever...they want every single one that plays now to stay in game...cause they are loosing money. So ofc they try to acomodate all peoples wishes if they can.

Bertram

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh i dotn care about the subject or the game for that matter in this post what i care about is your beahavior and how you speak to people..

I havent read all the other stuff but i culden help reading your friendly reply...
Even tho you disagree with horlely you shulden talk like that imo...
Am not the one who shall tell poeple how to act in FH but i can defently say that i think that your flaming is unaccepteble...

I am not going to discuss this anymore... I dont like your behavior you dont agree with me we cant get further in this...

Bert...

Chap

Loyal Freddie
ebenezer said:
i know..so im saying for the third time so you dont have any doubts whether the general bit aplies to horlely or not, that he is educated. So is it anything else you are in doubts over?
I wasnt aiming for anyone but you seem very eager to deffend you friend against what exactly? Really dont care if he's educated or not. He generalize in his post. Telling us how the game is supposed to be played. He call people kids, cheaters, window draggers and lag casters.
If that's what you view as mature and well educated I must say i disagree with you.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
the fact you didnt even read my reply speaks for itself really
and no, noone will get banned for stating a zone for fg's to go and fight its been going on for years on this forum/irc i have yet to see someone banned for it.
aswell as the fact they cant prove that your account on this forum is anything to do with a daoc game account without IP address or something similar. This is impossible to get since it is protected by the data protection act.
I wont be replying to any more of your drivvel, as if you bothered to read you would see that all i said was you are hypocrit and just as bad as the imaginary people you so despise.

nonetheless its something mytic would not really aprove of and see as x-realming etc. Soo....all these people i see complaining about bug abusing and bainshee using cone etc...erhm....where is the moral of that. It goes down the drain...cause it doesnt fit whining on here(im not talking about you chronic, since i dont know if you ever whine about this:p) about all kinds of bugs in game...if you dont really care about what the coc says either...or?

CstasY

Fledgling Freddie
ebenezer said:
Just gotta add something here. Where did you get the impression that majority of player base wanted agramon? Did you see any numbers of that. If not it just tells people you and some others wanted a new place. Its not many people playing daoc any longer and by pleasing some of them as well as the others by keeping the NF area which the rest obviously like playing in AND implimenting agramon for the people wanting more fg fights, they make more people stay playing the game.
Just cause you see all the whines about fg fights etc here doesnt mean anything. At least 90% of the people i know playing this game dont even post here. And they dont have this opinion only.
Mythic i jsut clever...they want every single one that plays now to stay in game...cause they are loosing money. So ofc they try to acomodate all peoples wishes if they can.

I don't understand your post, you said pretty much what I think, except you're against me here? Maybe I worded my last post wrong, but what I wanted to come out of it was the fact that there is no right or wrong way to play the game, and it caters for both sets of players in this game.

As for the 'me and some others' part, I doubt very much Mythic would implement a new zone just because 'me and some others' wanted it.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Chap said:
I wasnt aiming for anyone but you seem very eager to deffend you friend against what exactly? Really dont care if he's educated or not. He generalize in his post. Telling us how the game is supposed to be played. He call people kids, cheaters, window draggers and lag casters.
If that's what you view as mature and well educated I must say i disagree with you.

and you have the right to disagree with me:) But if you now suddenly stand up for saying you think he is uneducated...why did you use words like in general etc when you did really think he seems uneducated?
Comon...lets be a man and stand up for what you really think shall we:)?
And...him just reacting on what people telling him to do is just sane..after all he never mentioned the word adding until someone a day decided they were the dictator of daoc and starting screaming abuse to the other people in game just cause they were what? exactly...playing the game they wanted...
And yes...i defend a friend. Im not sure you agree with that either? But from where i come we stick up for the friends we have. And try to be objective about things too instead of jumping to conclusions or devide the world in black or white....its not that simple.

Chap

Loyal Freddie
ebenezer said:
What exactly do you base you statements on? Where can I see Mythics anual balance sheet?

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Calo said:
No.
I just find it funny when someone is calling someone a child, telling them to go to school - When you can barely read the post that person made in the first case.

Calo... It should be "Is Severance (capital letter - Its a name) a Guild full of (not off) people who correct grammar/spelling mistakes?"

Chronictank

FH is my second home
ebenezer said:
nonetheless its something mytic would not really aprove of and see as x-realming etc. Soo....all these people i see complaining about bug abusing and bainshee using cone etc...erhm....where is the moral of that. It goes down the drain...cause it doesnt fit whining on here(im not talking about you chronic, since i dont know if you ever whine about this:p) about all kinds of bugs in game...if you dont really care about what the coc says either...or?
COC is only valid when you are in game, organising a zone to rvr in before hand on the other hand is in no way against the CoC as far as i understand it. By all means correct me if im wrong

Edit: either way we digress from the main point, he is saying people should play a certain way and thats all i pointed out :)
If i wanted to urinate from on top of camelot castle onto the head of king arthur himself in game i would do it, regardless what you like or not (ofc thats not possible in daoc but i was being dramatic)

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
CstasY said:
I don't understand your post, you said pretty much what I think, except you're against me here? Maybe I worded my last post wrong, but what I wanted to come out of it was the fact that there is no right or wrong way to play the game, and it caters for both sets of players in this game.

As for the 'me and some others' part, I doubt very much Mythic would implement a new zone just because 'me and some others' wanted it.

well then we might have the same opinion a bout that. Im not sure:p
but what i reacted about was the "majority" part. because thats just something that you think? I on the other hand think that there are as many play styles in this game as it is people. BUT the whines that comes to mythic and is heard...comes from the same people you see whining here prolly. The other people that just plays the game and accepts whats coming to them...or leaving for something else doesnt get in touch with mythic 24/7 to whine. So....that other player base that never bothers to whine....they arent very well represented. And therfor mythci cannot really be sure what they want if something. So ofc they caters to the people respondng to them...which is mostly the people that are not satisfied. I for one didnt care if agramon was implimented or not. But i didnt post something to them to tell it wasnt really needed either.

Chap

Loyal Freddie
ebenezer said:
and you have the right to disagree with me:) But if you now suddenly stand up for saying you think he is uneducated...why did you use words like in general etc when you did really think he seems uneducated?
Comon...lets be a man and stand up for what you really think shall we:)?
And...him just reacting on what people telling him to do is just sane..after all he never mentioned the word adding until someone a day decided they were the dictator of daoc and starting screaming abuse to the other people in game just cause they were what? exactly...playing the game they wanted...
And yes...i defend a friend. Im not sure you agree with that either? But from where i come we stick up for the friends we have. And try to be objective about things too instead of jumping to conclusions or devide the world in black or white....its not that simple.
You are the one deviding the world into black and white. To say someone isnt well educated doesnt make him uneducated. If you believe that calling people children, cheaters, lag casters etc. is a mature way to react we have nothing further to discuss.

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Chronictank said:
COC is only valid when you are in game, organising a zone to rvr in before hand on the other hand is in no way against the CoC as far as i understand it. By all means correct me if im wrong
sure...but whats the difference between aranging fight over irc...in game...and here. except that you get banned for it doing it in game.
Im just toying with the thought that people speak so moraly aginst something mythic rules are against in other areas...but when it comes to a thing which they are clearly against but just cannot prove, its suddenly something completely different....dont u find that a bit odd?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
ebenezer said:
sure...but whats the difference between aranging fight over irc...in game...and here. except that you get banned for it doing it in game.
Im just toying with the thought that people speak so moraly aginst something mythic rules are against in other areas...but when it comes to a thing which they are clearly against but just cannot prove, its suddenly something completely different....dont u find that a bit odd?
i found it odd GOA didnt condone CAOE'ing through walls,
But Ce la vie

Personally i dont mind people setting a zone for fg action, it means the soloers dont get zerged unless they want to and the fg's dont get added on in general. Everyone is happy :)
But with the advent of Agramon its not so needed anymore, so doesnt happen in general. Altho i also was against GOA banning people for reproted bug abuses because mythic cba to fix them also so im not the best person to be basing a argument like that on, a clause which should never have been in the CoC imo, unfortunately we, players, have no choice but to accept it

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Chap said:
You are the one deviding the world into black and white. To say someone isnt well educated doesnt make him uneducated. If you believe that calling people children, cheaters, lag casters etc. is a mature way to react we have nothing further to discuss.

maybe we dont:) But in any case iw would never respond to a person the way horley did if i was met by some respect, which he wasnt...and that makes you respond in another way.
So yes...i would call someone who just called me uneducated/mornon a child....but i would never do it if he would treat me with respect or some normal behaviour first.And please...dont try to a distort my meaning about the educaton bit m8. Playing a game with words is in no way strengthening that all i say is black or white. By saying someone isnt well educated he isnt uneducated....but he isnt very well educated either, which i clearly have answered allready several time too...i say he is an educated man..what part of that do you have a hard time to understand?

Chap

Loyal Freddie
ebenezer said:
maybe we dont:) But in any case iw would never respond to a person the way horley did if i was met by some respect, which he wasnt...and that makes you respond in another way.
So yes...i would call someone who just called me uneducated/mornon a child....but i would never do it if he would treat me with respect or some normal behaviour first.And please...dont try to a distort my meaning about the educaton bit m8. Playing a game with words is in no way strengthening that all i say is black or white. By saying someone isnt well educated he isnt uneducated....but he isnt very well educated either, which i clearly have answered allready several time too...i say he is an educated man..what part of that do you have a hard time to understand?
Playing tricks with words you say. Saying that Horley was attacked is one very big trick imo. If you reread the thread he replied to Mastades post, calling people kids, idiots, generalizing etc. I have a very hard time understanding that a well educated man, as you say he is, would resolve to such low state.
The moron bit came afterwards. So please get you facts straight.

Musejedi

Fledgling Freddie
brad said:
lol ure grp dpesn't show any compasion to other solo's.
But you expect people to leave a char you solo with alone........haha.

Amount of time your grp's farmed me when solo is amazing, and you whine yourself about being farmed when solo......lol at the hypocrit.

Was talking to Brite. I'd expect them to leave me, because I'd leave any of them. Thats what you call 'respect', which is earned. Earned by not being an adding faggot while you're solo and fucking up nice fg fights for other people. We dont leave you because you've pissed off people in our group by doing just that...

ebenezer

Fledgling Freddie
Chap said:
Playing tricks with words you say. Saying that Horley was attacked is one very big trick imo. If you reread the thread he replied to Mastades post, calling people kids, idiots, generalizing etc. I have a very hard time understanding that a well educated man, as you say he is, would resolve to such low state.
The moron bit came afterwards. So please get you facts straight.

heheh you just stepped into a real trap m8:) For by saying horl is a not well educated man for speaking like that, would make you say that 90% of this board is not well educated :p Cause i think we can easely have a littletrip backwards in the pages on almost every thread and we see people answering with curses and name callings. Im not gonna agree with you in that im afraid..thats something you have to stand alone and say im afraid:)
No people saying something that they normaly not say or use stronger words have nothing with education to do m8....you are so way of now so if i would be you i wouldnt say anything more in this matter. First off you say that people in general isnt well educated when they dont spell or write english good, which im afraid m8 ints such a generalization in itself it makes me blush. Then you say speaking ur heart or saying something in anger makes you not well educated too? comon man....just pull out before you make people stone you:p

trycorn

Fledgling Freddie
haha great thread, horlely call's ppl who like's clean 1on1 / 8on8 fight's idiot's, Cstasy / Infanity / chronic (witch r the peeps he just insulted) insult him back, and fun thing happen's, just like ingame CLA zerg's up the thread :drink:

to get back on topic, suck's being solo stealther but there r some nice fight's that make's the day, c ya on the battle field

Gamah

Banned
adoNix said:
oh gamah showed us where his bainshee is gonna go when it gets nerfed and he cant abuse los anymore :<

right into the trash can

It will actully go into the respec box, so good game with that xD By the time cone gets nerfed here i'll be rr9 so why would I care :<

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Knothead said:
chronic i think you will get banned by doing pre organised fights. so think before you speak.
horlely wants the game to be played how mythic intended it to be played realm Vs realm not l337fg Vs l337fg these are the people who are ruining the game as they want to be the leetl57 of the l337. these people pretend to only want to fight each other but more often than not jump in fights they come across.
or will not rezz their realm mates. these are the people who ruin the game as they are not playing it how it was meant to be played.
so to all the fags who think they are to good for this game fuck off and play Cs cos this is what you are turning this game into.

i figure i'll write this now since this thread will most likely be locked within a few hours (and rightly so, really).

i'm just curious but who are these ppl? i see them mentioned as the second most common argument (trailing behind ''go play CS'') by the ones that are for RvR all together. just bash everyones head in. they quite commonly refer to the l33t ppl that say they only want FG fights then add away on all other? i'm a bit in the dark here because i just can't seem to figure out who these people are?

i can only speak on my own behalf when i say that i get abit offended by being accused of destroying the game just because the feature i enjoy the most (and want to focus on) is being in a blanced grp and fighting another balanced grp, without adds or mobs. it's just what i find to be most entertaining.

i myself have been in grp's that added for various reasons (some might call it lame, i call it a lapse of judgement) but i try not to because of one simple thing: i don't like it when a fg fight i'm engaged in is interrupted by an other grp, be it from the my own realm or the opposing. doesn't matter. since i've played this game i've think i've figured out with almost 100% certenty the members of the opposing realm is people to, so i just follow the phrase ''do onto others as you would want to be done onto yourself'' (i'm not english and i don't know the exact phrasing, so sue me if it's wrong (and most likely it is)). makes sense to me.

if someone doesn't want to run around randomly bolting every one they see, why can't you respect that?

the thing i have against adding isn't really that ppl engage in others fights, it's the blatant rp whoreing many ppl show when they do it. i've seen many good fights when the mid clearly was winning but 1 or more mids rushed in just to get a shot off and get a piece of the cake. that is what's ruining the game. that's pure egoism. feel free to help eachother (i incurage that) but don't do it to boost your own /stats rp.

disclaimer: don't know if this makes any sence since as always i started off writing the post with a clear view of what i wanted to express, but somewhere along the way i kinda lost it and go into mindless banter.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
No?

And seriously, what the fuck happened with this thread :p

this:

horlely said:
And still the same idiots stop adding yellers,thats think the game is 8vs8 or
1vs1 for get the max rp.
And more kids that cant play the game so the need cheat in rvr(window D ,lag C , radar u) , and think(i'm the best :touch: ).
Even now the new stuff pre org fights in agramon , players that are to lazy
for run over the realms and only think for my rp my ranking.The rest of the game the dont need , only my my my counts.

The spirit of the game realm vs realm go more down , by ppl that dont know what a mmorgp is.

horlely

and some people that took the bait :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom