RVR Guilds behaviour: happy ending

J

Jonaldo

Re: Re: RVR Guilds behaviour: happy ending

Originally posted by Hestetun
well I pay too , I want guildies. If that means kick randoms and make em cry irl I dont care tbh . If u dont leik it stop paying for daoc. I was nice I took u for one run it was nice imo, but if u like to sit at dl as a wanker in god know how many hours then go ahead , but stop wajn u hypocrit. Isent like I killed u or something.
what?

And people actually group with this twat? My god I think I would rather kill him than any Alb/Mid I came across. Please tell me this is Excalibur :)

J

Jonaldo

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: RVR Guilds behaviour: happy ending

Originally posted by Eleasias
Thats because I am so stupid I constantly talk shit that no-one gets the first time I say it.
Have to agree with the man on this one to be honest.

O

old.Tzeentch

what is this bullshit.

you are in a guild for what reason, if not to group with them, play with them, and whatever?

isn't this a bit out of proportion?

the guy is almost having a nervous breakdown cus he got removed from a group so a guild member could get in..

and here we go again, anti-rvr guilds thread 21789217983, usual flames, usual whines, no legitimacy.

and fyi heste's native language is not english so i dont think he was speaking 'leet', he was putting his thoughts into english as best as he could, good job putting him down for the wrong reason, perhaps you would care to speak norweigan so he could see your point better?

B

bracken_woodman

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch
heste's...thoughts

I think that's a generous description of what he posted - regardless of the language it came in.

F

Flimgoblin

it's pretty simple to solve...

RandomPerson yells "useful class lfg"

RvRPerson says "We have a spot, but only till guildie gets here"

/invite RandomPerson

is it that hard?

T

torcuil

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch
and fyi heste's native language is not english so i dont think he was speaking 'leet', he was putting his thoughts into english as best as he could, good job putting him down for the wrong reason, perhaps you would care to speak norweigan so he could see your point better?

Not having English as your native language is no excuse for using leetspeak. And yes, what Hestethun used was leetspeak, pure and simple. I doubt you could find anyone whose native language isn't English and who has never been exposed to leetspeak, who uses the examples quoted. 'Irl, tbh, imo, wajn, u,' etcetera.

Poor English does not equal leetspeak, which was what was being poked fun at in the first place.

And before you start the flames, English is my third language and I can still communicate perfectly well in it.

... oh, and I agree with the first poster. Some RvR guilds' behaviour makes me sad.

T

Tyka

Ok I just thought about this situation and put myself into augusta
s place for a second.

I would too be pretty annoyed if someone kicked me from their group cause someone else is incoming, but what i don't understand is that why he can not get over it and just go on.

Sure they SHOULD have told him before he joined but just because they did not or forgot to tell him, do they really have to group with him rest of the night just to not make him upset?

I don't think I'm better than anyone else in this game to be honest but I do enjoy the game most when i play with my friends, wich is my guild. And do you guys want me to pay the price of not having fun just because I forgot to tell this random guy that he should leave the group before he joined?

In my opinion, no, I was kind enough to invite him to the group and he really should be glad and should think about what I have for interests, his seems to be "having a chat with m8s" or something along those lines but mine are maybe just getting rps?

Not saying I'm the guy who did it in this situation or that I care about rps because believe it or not I don't.

Just think about it, I rather let this guy get sad or whatever than not having fun for the rest of the day and letting my friend eventually sit on his ass at DL, wich after all, i have a history with and enjoys being in my groups. For all i know this guy i recently invited to my group might've not enjoyed it and just wanted to join and go afk while chatting to his m8s..

Don't know what you think but this is jsut my point of view.

T

Tyka

And by the way, the people that are flaming Heste's english are not better than himself, are you here to share your opinion about kicking people from a group or are you just trying to act funny and be halftime teachers?

Drop that and stick to the discussion, he posted his opinion and I suggest you do the same.

Z

Zebolt

Originally posted by tripitaka
Now to me that scenario is -

you ask the person to move two or three seats along - meaning he still sees the film.
BUT, he wont necessarily get an RVR done if he leaves the group. he was waiting at ligen in the first place for a random group to invite him, therefore chances are he has to go back to ligen to wait again.

Going back to the film scenario - thats like trying to find another seat before the film has finished. Now, if most groups currently doing RVR are full <--- extra seats not available. then it could be tricky imo. couple that with having to run back to ligen. Means - should advise the non guildie in the first place.
There is noone saying you need a group to RvR, if he went there alone then he can't exclude that he might have to play alone...

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by Tyka
Just think about it, I rather let this guy get sad or whatever than not having fun for the rest of the day and letting my friend eventually sit on his ass at DL, wich after all, i have a history with and enjoys being in my groups. For all i know this guy i recently invited to my group might've not enjoyed it and just wanted to join and go afk while chatting to his m8s..

People... read and learn, because this guy said it perfect.

to random ppl whining about getting kicked from grp:
actually... you wanna stay at DL all day or join a decent group for 1-3 runs? Exactly, you'd rather join the group for a short time, you'll make some rps and get some action, some fun. if you're not in a rvr guild you can be happy if you get some good rvr action. if you really want to play a lot of rvr in group then join a rvr guild -_- those people joined that guild for a reason, to group in rvr with the rest of the guild, not to have half of the guild in emain grouped with random ppl and the other half of the guild sitting at DL -_-

A

ab_fluid

again, same comment as last thread, what is an RvR guild created for if not to RvR together, as a guild? the players in these guilds know how to play well with each other, if theres only 7 guildies on at the time and they invite a random person then whats wrong with that? say a guildie logs on who is the same class, but 10x more experienced, a good friend and in your regular group, why should the guildie have to sit at DL for hours because a random casual player is taking his spot in a regular guild group? In my opinion anyone playing the game in this day and age is a complete dumbarse if they don't know the purpose of an rvr guild and why they play together, different people like to play different ways. In the end, the thread poster should know how guild groups work as 99.999999999% of hib excal seem to, and if he was gonna get pissed at being asked to leave then not joined the group in the first place. Nobody forced him to join the group after all.

To the people flaming RvR guilds.... Who are you to say what is the right and wrong way to play? You play how you want to and let others play how they want to, if its gonna piss you off so much that you wanna come here and flame at being asked to leave then don't bloody join in the first place. Just to make that clear, Bein in an RvR guild doesn't make you leet, it makes you part of a guild (team) who work together to accomplish the same goal. You are also no better or no leet than me or any other rvr guild member by not being in an RvR guild.

Oh, and final "Wajn" the people who use this "leet" language are most of the time doing it to wind people up, seems heste did a damn good job of it too, makes me laugh when people start thinking they are better because they type in perfect "Queen's English". So many hypocrits in this thread.

C

Craft

May just be me but you start a RvR group because of two reasons:
1) You want to specifically group with Guildies, thus lookin cool in Emain, and or to also get more rps for your guild.
2) You need the realm points so youll group with just about anyone until the group splits up, then youll find yourself another RvR group for the remainder of the session.

Hmm, i do know what you mean tho, Depends what you want from the game, play the game - expect nothing - that way what you do get out of the game will be a bonus.

O

old.Kerosene

People take my pisstakes far too seriously. Since there have been around 5 calls for my opinion instead of 'wajn' (jesus.. what the hell is happening to our language!? It's getting mutilated worse than the Americans have already managed :( ) then here we go.

There are 2 sides to the argument. The nice people and the arrogant people. I think everyone knows which camp they fall into.

The nice people don't give a shit about getting RP's as fast as poss or having the best RA's, they just want to have fun and a bit of a chat while killing some Albs/Mids. They don't care what other people think about them, they just want fun

The arrogant people don't give a shit about other people and are concerned with have the best setup possible for winning. They tend to post abusive and defensive posts a lot because they want to look cool in front of their friends.

Each side thinks they are right, it just depends on which side of the fence you sit. Personally, stick me down as a nice person.

L

-Lonewolf-

F*CK U KEROSENE I IS THE UBER COOL I HAVE L33T RP's FOO!

R

Rulke-RM

Look on the bright side, you got to have 1 run that was fun a profitable for you, isn't that better than sitting at DL or joining some random group?

The flame-fest on BW was just a bonus ;)

I

iceflower

>random ppl

What a weird expression. Though it is interesting to see how the 24/7 players view the majority of the players in the game.

As one poster above said, the main reason for this happening is probably that the 24/7 players want to group together to avoid having to return to pk over and over to refill the group. The main advantage with only grouping with other 24/7 is that the group isnt broken up for real life reasons as often as a pick up group. But that still dont justify inviting others to group and kick them when one of your guildies log on. That is using and abusing other people. Then it is better not to invite in the first situation to avoid looking like a twat.

On a side note, tt strikes me as a bit absurd to refer to rvr guildies as having much more experience and skill considering the current tank heavy focus of rvr. Just exactly where is the skill portion in the average tank in a gank group? Hm, stick to MA, when reaching the enemy you press /assist, /face, /stick, attack style. Repeat until all enemies are down. Dont strike me as a very hard lesson to learn. The only ones that needs skill is the group leader, to find the ambush spots and stay out of them and the cc:er, the rest is just adede firepower. And it dont take very long to get a good picture of the tactically advantageous places in the frontiers. And the funny thing is that the game rewards this repetitive behaviour with new abilities for you toon, the pve threadmill in disguise :)

Loh Katta
Bubblegirl
Iceflower
Stickfigher

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by iceflower
[B
On a side note, tt strikes me as a bit absurd to refer to rvr guildies as having much more experience and skill considering the current tank heavy focus of rvr. Just exactly where is the skill portion in the average tank in a gank group? Hm, stick to MA, when reaching the enemy you press /assist, /face, /stick, attack style. Repeat until all enemies are down. Dont strike me as a very hard lesson to learn. The only ones that needs skill is the group leader, to find the ambush spots and stay out of them and the cc:er, the rest is just adede firepower. And it dont take very long to get a good picture of the tactically advantageous places in the frontiers. And the funny thing is that the game rewards this repetitive behaviour with new abilities for you toon, the pve threadmill in disguise :)

Loh Katta
Bubblegirl
Iceflower
Stickfigher [/B]

to be honest, maybe do a bit of research before you quote crap, 2 out of the 3 main rvr guilds in hib/excal run mage groups still 90% of the time as its is much more rewarding to beat a fotm savage grp with a weaker caster group, for this we need our best players or we will die pretty much every time, so yes, i do see players in my guild as more skillfull than a casual/random player, but also they know how our guild groups function.

A

ab_fluid

Originally posted by old.Kerosene
People take my pisstakes far too seriously. Since there have been around 5 calls for my opinion instead of 'wajn' (jesus.. what the hell is happening to our language!? It's getting mutilated worse than the Americans have already managed :( ) then here we go.

There are 2 sides to the argument. The nice people and the arrogant people. I think everyone knows which camp they fall into.

The nice people don't give a shit about getting RP's as fast as poss or having the best RA's, they just want to have fun and a bit of a chat while killing some Albs/Mids. They don't care what other people think about them, they just want fun

The arrogant people don't give a shit about other people and are concerned with have the best setup possible for winning. They tend to post abusive and defensive posts a lot because they want to look cool in front of their friends.

Each side thinks they are right, it just depends on which side of the fence you sit. Personally, stick me down as a nice person.

Becuase i care about rvr i am an arrogant person? thats so incredibly hypocritical, i like to play to actually beat fotm mid grps, and enjoy winning fights, i have a good chat with friends while doing it. I do actually care a lot what people think about me and my guild which is the only reason i bother posting on this thread, as people like you have such a predefined idea that all rvr guild members = wankers. Theres a LOT of "nice" people in my guild, from what i have seen in this thread and the attitude you adopt to the people in rvr guilds you are the arrogant person not them, you have grounds to call people arrogant or wrong just because they don't like to play the game the same way you do. This game will be a lot better when people like you work out the is no right and wrong way to play it, i prefer playing in a balanced guild grp, you....don't fair enough you don't have to join rvr guild grps its your choice.

N

-Nuked-

Originally posted by ab_fluid
Becuase i care about rvr i am an arrogant person? thats so incredibly hypocritical, i like to play to actually beat fotm mid grps, and enjoy winning fights, i have a good chat with friends while doing it. I do actually care a lot what people think about me and my guild which is the only reason i bother posting on this thread, as people like you have such a predefined idea that all rvr guild members = wankers. Theres a LOT of "nice" people in my guild, from what i have seen in this thread and the attitude you adopt to the people in rvr guilds you are the arrogant person not them, you have grounds to call people arrogant or wrong just because they don't like to play the game the same way you do. This game will be a lot better when people like you work out the is no right and wrong way to play it, i prefer playing in a balanced guild grp, you....don't fair enough you don't have to join rvr guild grps its your choice.

:clap: hit the nail on the head.

i really dont understand why we are seen as wankers because we are standing by what we believe, do we all fall into this catagory of wankers as soon as we join RvR guilds, "o yea, he was nice an hour ago but now he's joined an RvR guild he's a wanker. "do you think that they hand out pills when you join an rvr guild and say ... take the red pill and you will become a wanker, take the blue pill, and you will be a super nice guy but you're suck at rvr. if the fact that i say what i believe makes me (or the rest of us) wanker(s) then i guess everyone here is.

O

old.Kerosene

Noone said anyones a wanker (well, Hestethun called someone a wanker) but..

Are you denying that the behaviour of kicking out people who aren't part of the guild isn't arrogant and antisocial?

E

Eleasias

Originally posted by iceflower
Just exactly where is the skill portion in the average tank in a gank group? Hm, stick to MA, when reaching the enemy you press /assist, /face, /stick, attack style. Repeat until all enemies are down.
A bit off-topic but if its so easy why cant most people do it? :p

N

-Nuked-

Originally posted by old.Kerosene
Noone said anyones a wanker (well, Hestethun called someone a wanker) but..

Are you denying that the behaviour of kicking out people who aren't part of the guild isn't arrogant and antisocial?

being antisocial would be not talking 2 him and just disbanding him, as he claims they talked they joked and laughed. the fact its a guild group and he isnt part of the guild obviously means he is being used as a pick up till someone else comes along, no?

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by Xeanor
People... read and learn, because this guy said it perfect.

to random ppl whining about getting kicked from grp:
actually... you wanna stay at DL all day or join a decent group for 1-3 runs? Exactly, you'd rather join the group for a short time, you'll make some rps and get some action, some fun. if you're not in a rvr guild you can be happy if you get some good rvr action. if you really want to play a lot of rvr in group then join a rvr guild -_- those people joined that guild for a reason, to group in rvr with the rest of the guild, not to have half of the guild in emain grouped with random ppl and the other half of the guild sitting at DL -_-

Well, if your saying that - then surely they shouldn't have invited him in the first place, on the pretense that they knew he would be let down

Originally posted by -Nuked-
:clap: hit the nail on the head.

i really dont understand why we are seen as wankers because we are standing by what we believe, do we all fall into this catagory of wankers as soon as we join RvR guilds, "o yea, he was nice an hour ago but now he's joined an RvR guild he's a wanker. "do you think that they hand out pills when you join an rvr guild and say ... take the red pill and you will become a wanker, take the blue pill, and you will be a super nice guy but you're suck at rvr. if the fact that i say what i believe makes me (or the rest of us) wanker(s) then i guess everyone here is.

No - the wankers as you so poiltely put it are the ones on the arrogant side of the fence who don't give a toss about random ppl looking for groups and think to themselves - yeah lets fill out group with a random person then let him down after our guildie comes along , without first letting him know we'll be dropping him once our guildie grp members logs in.

P

PJS

Well if you only have 7 guild members and you enjoy each others company so much. How about you sit and wait for number 8 and not invite anyone else at all?
Ah but that would be time wasted getting no rp's.

N

-Nuked-

we just invite you to join our group. no 1 makes you accept the invitation, and tbh i didnt know i needed to read out a list of rights to the random person that joins, please excuse me, from now on i'll make a list of macro's of what i expect and what the person should expect when grouping with us :rolleyes:. it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out if your just a pick up or not, an rvr group doesnt take a RR1 lvl47 because that person needs the rps more then a guildy online. we/they have a reputation to think about, all the other guild groups would laugh at us, and that makes me cry :( dont get upset at me expressing my opinion. i was a "random" once, and i remember my personal way of thinking, and tbh it hasn't changed. everyone gets let down once or twice in life, when you look back you really shouldnt see 'getting disbanded by a guild group' as 1 of them. its really not that much of a big issue, on the other hand if a random group booted someone so that they could take a guildy then maybe i would agree, tbh its all to often people point the finger at the guild groups just because they have a set way of playing in which they enjoy.

S

Solarius

You invite someone, and to most people that means 'would you like to join our group' not 'we're short one member, you're the right class but as soon as the guy we're waiting for turns up, you can f**k off'. It's quite simple, the guy is unhappy NOT because he wasn't allowed to remain with the group, NOT because he thinks RvR groups are all arseholes but because he was invited into the group, not told that they were waiting on someone else and he was just a stopgap, then bluntly told to leave once the guildie turned up. If at the beginning he had been told the situation, I doubt he'd have been unhappy when told that their guildie had turned up, but the fact is he wasn't told this, just expected to accept that he's been used.

Oh, and anyone who says this is the accepted norm, nice to know thats what you think, and I'd say to alot of people this is news.

It's a lesson to us all I think!

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by -Nuked-
we just invite you to join our group. no 1 makes you accept the invitation, and tbh i didnt know i needed to read out a list of rights to the random person that joins, please excuse me, from now on i'll make a list of macro's of what i expect and what the person should expect when grouping with us :rolleyes:. it doesnt take a rocket scientist to work out if your just a pick up or not, an rvr group doesnt take a RR1 lvl47 because that person needs the rps more then a guildy online. we/they have a reputation to think about, all the other guild groups would laugh at us, and that makes me cry :( dont get upset at me expressing my opinion. i was a "random" once, and i remember my personal way of thinking, and tbh it hasn't changed. everyone gets let down once or twice in life, when you look back you really shouldnt see 'getting disbanded by a guild group' as 1 of them. its really not that much of a big issue, on the other hand if a random group booted someone so that they could take a guildy then maybe i would agree, tbh its all to often people point the finger at the guild groups just because they have a set way of playing in which they enjoy.

But thats part of the arguement - why invite him in the first place , knowing that in a few minutes / 30 mins / an hour or 2, your 8th guildie will arrive and you'll be kicking the random out ?

Thats the whole point - common courtesy - of telling the random this information when inviting - then giving him / her the chance to decline or leave the group willingly before you venture forth and bugger up his / her evening.

Users who are viewing this thread