RVR Guilds behaviour: happy ending

N

-Nuked-

he's been used?
does he feel cheap!

imo, start a crafters only guild, invite some rvr guild member then boot him when someone with higher craft skills comes along! shit like this happens, im not questioning why he is upset or depressed at whats happened, i just dont understand how he couldnt see what was going to happen in the first place! 7 people from 1 guild ... in a group .... could it be a guild group by some crazy chance!

N

-Nuked-

Originally posted by tripitaka
But thats part of the arguement - why invite him in the first place , knowing that in a few minutes / 30 mins / an hour or 2, your 8th guildie will arrive and you'll be kicking the random out ?

Thats the whole point - common courtesy - of telling the random this information when inviting - then giving him / her the chance to decline or leave the group willingly before you venture forth and bugger up his / her evening.

whats the problem if he got rps for 1 run? if he isnt part of an rvr guild he probibly would have just stood at druim ligen some more anyway, and knowing random groups myself, when he did get 1, it would have died at amg 1 time and disbanded. what would be the point in joining the rvr guild in the first place if they are allways just going to run with random people. i'll admit i must be blind towards certain ways of thinking, BUT as a random i could allways tell when a guild group invited me, i was only a temp till a guildy came along. i think i'll just agree to disagree on this matter

S

Solarius

I'll bet he does feel used. I would!

Why was he invited? To fill a stop gap until the intended groupmember turns up. Once said groupmember appeared, he was discarded like so much trash. Thats my interpretation, and given the response of many of the RvR guildies here, I'd say it's fairly accurate!

I'm not arguing against your way of playing, how you have fun and play your game is entirly up to you. But if I found myself in a similar situation (ie invited into an RvR guild group) I'd hope that if they intended to dump me as soon as their 8th guildie arrives, I get told prior to leaving DL.

Maybe some of us just have too many manners for the modern world.

S

Solarius

Originally posted by -Nuked-
whats the problem if he got rps for 1 run? if he isnt part of an rvr guild he probibly would have just stood at druim ligen some more anyway, and knowing random groups myself, when he did get 1, it would have died at amg 1 time and disbanded. what would be the point in joining the rvr guild in the first place if they are allways just going to run with random people. i'll admit i must be blind towards certain ways of thinking, BUT as a random i could allways tell when a guild group invited me, i was only a temp till a guildy came along. i think i'll just agree to disagree on this matter

An interesting point. Your interpretation of a successful run is how many rps you get. Fine, if thats what you want, but I interpret success as how much fun I have.

Maybe thats why neither side can see eye to eye, al down to this fact.

N

-Nuked-

if im going to disband someone, i myself do say, we have a guildy inc next run. if i dont know someone is inc and then a guildy comes online, i will still boot the person, but i'll allways say sorry or w/e. but am i any better for saying sorry at the end, and still booting that person? (i do mean it when i say sorry, but then again if i didnt agree with the decision of taking a guildy, i dont have to, i can allways leave the group also. but by saying sorry at the end i've avoided such posts as this! if the person in question (hestethun) said sorry at the end, would this have been avoided? if yes, could the way he asked the person to leave be the main problem here, and then .. if yes... could the way he asked him to leave be put down too the fact his first language isnt english? i'll leave you to ponder :D im going to see the matrix :) hf

N

-Nuked-

Originally posted by Solarius
An interesting point. Your interpretation of a successful run is how many rps you get. Fine, if thats what you want, but I interpret success as how much fun I have.

Maybe thats why neither side can see eye to eye, al down to this fact.

naa, im a caster i put a successful run down to if i get quad hit or not :D rps is a bonus, im just using rps a genral guideline

S

Solarius

if im going to disband someone, i myself do say, we have a guildy inc next run. if i dont know someone is inc and then a guildy comes online, i will still boot the person, but i'll allways say sorry or w/e. but am i any better for saying sorry at the end, and still booting that person? (i do mean it when i say sorry, but then again if i didnt agree with the decision of taking a guildy, i dont have to, i can allways leave the group also. but by saying sorry at the end i've avoided such posts as this! if the person in question (hestethun) said sorry at the end, would this have been avoided? if yes, could the way he asked the person to leave be the main problem here, and then .. if yes... could the way he asked him to leave be put down too the fact his first language isnt english? i'll leave you to ponder :D im going to see the matrix :) hf

To answer:

Originally posted by hestethun

Well I want guildies so I kicked u AFTER 1 run yes. But I want guildies before random xD If u dont leik take a ¤#&. And this treadh is stupid tbh......and fyi times changes m8 , get over it =) And I will keep on kicking randoms as long its guildies to take xD.

well if u dont leik it cant u just bug off ? will make emain less zergi too remove the newbs etc xD

well I pay too , I want guildies. If that means kick randoms and make em cry irl I dont care tbh . If u dont leik it stop paying for daoc. I was nice I took u for one run it was nice imo, but if u like to sit at dl as a wanker in god know how many hours then go ahead , but stop wajn u hypocrit. Isent like I killed u or something.

Does this look like the answers of someone who just seemed rude because his first language isn't English? Or does it look like the answers of an arrogant <Edit> who couldn't give a flying f**k about anyone else?

You tell me. I know what I think. And I won't even begin to go through Eleasias' posts, I think it speaks for itself.

T

torcuil

naa, im a caster i put a successful run down to if i get quad hit or not :D rps is a bonus, im just using rps a genral guideline

I predict that this thread will now devolve into Yet Another Savage Whine Thread.

S

Sichama

... but am i any better for saying sorry at the end, and still booting that person?...

Yes you are, even if you don't meen it...

if the person in question (hestethun) said sorry at the end, would this have been avoided?

Yes it probably would have...

if yes... could the way he asked him to leave be put down too the fact his first language isnt english?

No, not in this ocassion as the person has shown sufficient knowledge of the English language that proves that he can choose to be rude or polite....he chose rude /srug

All in all yes its their group and their guild and they have every right to choose with which people they play...actually its something everyone has a right to do.

This is not a matter of if guild groups have the right to drop a random group recruit for favor of a guild mate...its a matter of beeing a rude person or a polite person, and surprisingly or not that is a free choise also, as long as you are not insulting someone you don't have to be polite either.

To the original poster i would sugest, next time he remembers who it was and if he groups with them again run towards an enemy group and at the last moment disband and run away, sure you might die but the groups defeat will hurt the others more, and who knows you might even survive and be able to /flex at them in the end.

Give what you take thats what i believe into....

A

ab_fluid

Topic title: > RVR Guilds behaviour: happy ending

this thread was made as a dig at all RvR guilds, people have flamed all RvR guilds, i have absoloutly no sympathy for the creator of this thread, he's gone about it in a completely stupid way, but ofc seeing as this is BW everyone has to flame and flame and flame as usual. Just close this damn thread no1 will ever agree on anything.

T

tripitaka

Ok we'll agree to disagree - but i still think u miss my point of politeness and courtesy IF they knew a guildie was coming

I'd also be able to spot if 7 ppl were all from the same guild and also be able to make up my mind as to whether to join - maybe asking ' ahh i see your a guild group - do you mind me taking the 8th spot' - when the invite came would have been better who knows.

As said above somewhere it all comes down to if ur a rude person or a polite person - myself , im a polite person if im ingame. I also think of others and the reaction and interventions me doing a certain set of actions may cause.

N

-Nuked-

To answer:

Does this look like the answers of someone who just seemed rude because his first language isn't English? Or does it look like the answers of an arrogant <Edit> who couldn't give a flying f**k about anyone else?

You tell me. I know what I think. And I won't even begin to go through Eleasias' posts, I think it speaks for itself.

:( as much as i hate 2 say it i can see your point. dear god i feel so cheap :( i'll probibly get demoted again for this <grumble>

A

ab_fluid

Ok we'll agree to disagree - but i still think u miss my point of politeness and courtesy IF they knew a guildie was coming

I'd also be able to spot if 7 ppl were all from the same guild and also be able to make up my mind as to whether to join - maybe asking ' ahh i see your a guild group - do you mind me taking the 8th spot' - when the invite came would have been better who knows.

As said above somewhere it all comes down to if ur a rude person or a polite person - myself , im a polite person if im ingame. I also think of others and the reaction and interventions me doing a certain set of actions may cause.

The main reason for normally inviting an 8th member who isn't in the guild is because they can't currently get the class desired from within the guild, most of the times when we take a non-guilded 8th player we have no idea what time the guildie will log on etc. They may not even log on at all, and the 8th man can stay all night if they want.

T

tripitaka

Originally posted by ab_fluid
The main reason for normally inviting an 8th member who isn't in the guild is because they can't currently get the class desired from within the guild, most of the times when we take a non-guilded 8th player we have no idea what time the guildie will log on etc. They may not even log on at all, and the 8th man can stay all night if they want.

Good call. But would it not be polite when inviting, to say - Heya , we MAY be getting our 8th guildie on soon / later. If that happens do you mind if we grp him as we're more used to playing with him and his style in grp.....

Comes back to rudeness really... But I would personally say that to someone in the situation u have just outlined.

S

svartmetall

I'm voting for number 2.

S

svartmetall

Good call. But would it not be polite when inviting, to say - Heya , we MAY be getting our 8th guildie on soon / later. If that happens do you mind if we grp him as we're more used to playing with him and his style in grp.....

Absolutely, that's all that was required. Apparently some people are too l337 for even the most basic courtesies.

O

old.Kerosene

If this thread makes one person be more considerate to lower ranked realmies, then it's been worth it.

O

old.windforce

Originally posted by Eleasias
A bit off-topic but if its so easy why cant most people do it? :p

because they lack concentration (chatting to friends etc) / dedication to the group and usually have a crappy connection and slow PC too so they loose stick 20 times when moving around.

Don't invite ppl who can't play up to your standards if you are overly bothered by that (i am)

Z

Ziva

Sorry to say... but does being in a RvR also means you are allowed to have no manners and just dump people whenever you feel like it? Cause that's the impression some answers give me and i really hope i'm wrong here.

If i join a RvR guildgroup and find out a guildie wants to join i usually leave myself cause i can surely understand the others would like to have the guildie in the group. But if i am the groupleader of a group of 7 guildies and one non-guildie i would never ever just dump someone from the group without talking to the non-guildie in pm asking him kindly to leave. I'm sure most people would understand it and leave. Being polite isn't so hard now is it?

I'm very pro "I pay, i play, my way" but i realise very well this game would be no fun solo. One day your guild might disband or u might leave it and i don't think it would be fun for you to be left sitting in DL because people don't wanna group with you due to your attitude.

K

kirennia

Originally posted by Whoodoo_RD
You play Alb, nuff said.

ermmmm, b4 that comment, both of the people who posted were hibs.....so what the hell are you trying to get at?

O

old.windforce

this thread is getting silly

time to close it imho

K

kahl

Originally posted by old.windforce
this thread is getting silly

time to close it imho

Yes,
tho its funny to see "obvious" old and mature people becomes some random teen Counter-Strike guy, no offence.
But this is exactly why I left the FPS world, and I hoped not to see much of those threads within the lands of DAOC.

Please .. think about what you write before you write it, and if you dont have anything possitive, then dont post it at all.

Whos the biggest idiot? The idiot himself or the idiot who follows him?
//////
Whos the biggest flamer? THe flamer himself or the one who starts flaming the flamer?

->
Originally posted by Hestetun
well I pay too , I want guildies. If that means kick randoms and make em cry irl I dont care tbh . If u dont leik it stop paying for daoc. I was nice I took u for one run it was nice imo, but if u like to sit at dl as a wanker in god know how many hours then go ahead , but stop wajn u hypocrit. Isent like I killed u or something.
(sorry for taking you as an example, but if thats your opinium i respect it.)

Or the ones who immediately starts flaming the first flamer.

Once again, this is no offend at all, just perhaps something to keep in mind.
It is tempting to start flaming a flamer, but I say dont.

O

old.Kerosene

Good point Kahl. Unfortunately there are some people who are SOOOOOO IRRITATING that I have to respond :(

T

tripitaka

Well i have learnt from MY mistakes now - and won't be posting flames if i can help it in future.

Users who are viewing this thread