Russian school siege

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Just my tuppence on some of the previous posts. Most Muslims, indeed most religious people, are peace loving and believe in a God of Love. Yes there are extremists and fanatics who go to far, and there are also people who use faith and religion as a means to an end. To put it bluntly - even if everyone was an atheist wars and outrages, people will never run out of reasons to hate and kill their fellow man. Religion *should* be a force for good, and thankfully for many people it is.

I am as disgusted as the next person at what happened in Russia this week, and also outraged at the way it dropped to second news item on the UK news programmes ... first spot being given to race fixing.

Not sure where Putin goes from here but the people of Chechnya lost a lot of world support this week. One can understand where children are "collateral damage" of wars and strife, but targetting them? Pure evil.

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
it would seem to me that the chechnians lack the militery strength to take the russian army on, so that leaves them will 2 options, give in, or terrorist attacks

my personal preferance would be to give in, i'm fairly sure that little would change under russian or local rule

but they do seem to really want independance

it's a delicate situation, one that i'm now going to leave to the polititions

PS
Bit of a difference between a bomb that misses and deliberatly shooting children ON PURPOSE
why not ask the childrens families this

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Its a bit of a catch 22 now. Putin can't just give Chechnya independance as it will look like he is giving in.

Also his tough stance against terrorists (quite rightly so) is just going to create more terroists from Chechnya and a lot tougher ones at that. And they will have to get a lot more violent on a grander scale since Putin is going to be tightening security...
I think the view it as the more world wide news coverage they get the better it is for their cause...

Al Quaida are quite different terrorists as they dont really want anything other than chaos which is the environment that they operate best in...

jaba

Fledgling Freddie
The chechens may lack the military strength but they know how to fight dirty as they have just proved, and they have already held back the russian army much to the russians embarassment in 1996. So they can do it if they need to.
It scares me what could happen next, as has already been said Putin has a very militaristic background and to back down now and show defeat could lead to worse conflicts.

I also disagree about your point about the oil will, russia is one of the top 5 oil producing countries in the world, and if what you say about any country with oil not being given independence than why did kazakhstan get its independence in 1991?

Mofo8

Fledgling Freddie
jaba said:
The chechens may lack the military strength but they know how to fight dirty as they have just proved, and they have already held back the russian army much to the russians embarassment in 1996. So they can do it if they need to.
It scares me what could happen next, as has already been said Putin has a very militaristic background and to back down now and show defeat could lead to worse conflicts.

I also disagree about your point about the oil will, russia is one of the top 5 oil producing countries in the world, and if what you say about any country with oil not being given independence than why did kazakhstan get its independence in 1991?

Any time I hear of Kazakhstan now, I just can't get Borat out of my head.

LOL

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
What I don't get is that people are actually saying "well, if Russia would only give them their independance then none of this would've happened..." and also trying to justify the terrorists by comparing a military action to a school seige when it is painfully obvious to all but the very fucking stupid that the 2 will never EVER sompare.

I would like to beat these people firmly about the head with piece of 4x2 for the stupidity and callousness of their comments.

Thank you please.

Will said:
The conflict has little to do with Islam. It is (as always) to do with oil. Chechnia has it, so it doesn't get independance, unlike Estonia, Lavtiva, and a load of other former USSR countries.

What utter bollocks. Of course it has to do with Islam, what else but the false Islam these wankers believe would give them the moral authority in their own heads to do it? And besides, Chechnya had its own government that was recognised by Moscow, but Russian troops went back in because Chechen militants invaded the next province and tried to start an uprising their.

PS: My earlier post has quote markers in silly places but I can't edit it for some reason :twak:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom