Russian Poison?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Not sure I understand your point sorry.

So Fox News spams lots of shit that isn't factually correct, why isn't that being blocked, is Breitbart blocked on Facebook? (I genuinely don't know)

It seems that Facebook is becoming an American political tool, so what's the difference between the propaganda that Russia spurts out and the suppression of freedom of speech which Facebook is undertaking?

You can agree or disagree with me all you want, but this is the message that Putin will be giving to the Russian people, and therefore it's making relations colder, not warmer, I don't think appeasement is the correct approach, but I think the US needs to make a clear & positive step towards Russia (so Putin can't spin it) in order to avoid nuclear war.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
So Fox News spams lots of shit that isn't factually correct, why isn't that being blocked, is Breitbart blocked on Facebook? (I genuinely don't know)

It seems that Facebook is becoming an American political tool, so what's the difference between the propaganda that Russia spurts out and the suppression of freedom of speech which Facebook is undertaking?

You can agree or disagree with me all you want, but this is the message that Putin will be giving to the Russian people, and therefore it's making relations colder, not warmer, I don't think appeasement is the correct approach, but I think the US needs to make a clear & positive step towards Russia (so Putin can't spin it) in order to avoid nuclear war.
What the Sputnik employees were doing was against FB's Ts&Cs. Nothing to do with who did it or what political slant it had. They were pretending to be groups of people that they weren't.

Anyway, this group was targeted at Eastern Europeans not Americans or the UK.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Here we go again.
Any fucking reason to deny the fact that the EU is going ultra right wing..its not our policies..its the Russians!@@

Job

Ive downloaded Maxthon browser, its updated for XP and its Chinese.

Should I be worried.

As a side note, I'm very impressed with the new political approach at Bejing.

Job

See, once this is embedded in all our type boxes and becomes ubiquitous, then it all becomes rather pointless doesnt it, everything will we write will be automapped to the latest writing trends, you could choose bewtween asertive, apologetic, quirky, dynamic, or let the software choose based on previous success with the recipient.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15NXrnyT2HM

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Ive downloaded Maxthon browser, its updated for XP and its Chinese.

Should I be worried.

As a side note, I'm very impressed with the new political approach at Bejing.

I would be if I was still using XP.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Here we go again.
Any fucking reason to deny the fact that the EU is going ultra right wing..its not our policies..its the Russians!@@
So we shouldn’t mention when Russia is caught illegally funding European politicians because...

...I’m lost. What’s the reason?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
See, once this is embedded in all our type boxes and becomes ubiquitous, then it all becomes rather pointless doesnt it, everything will we write will be automapped to the latest writing trends, you could choose bewtween asertive, apologetic, quirky, dynamic, or let the software choose based on previous success with the recipient.

Is spell checking a new concept to you?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

I used to do exactly that in 1992 using grammatik to double check my prose was readable.

Spelling and grammar checking automatically rather than a manual task? Big (old) deal.

But that's never been your argument - your argument has been that spelling and grammar doesn't matter. But if it doesn't matter why have software for it?

Shooting at your own feet here @Job....

Job

I'm saying it doesnt matter once it is automatic, it only has worth when it takes time to learn or requires some contact with the 'learned' to be good at it.

What is the point in trying to look educated if everyone has it for free, we'll have to invent another form of elitism.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm saying it doesnt matter once it is automatic, it only has worth when it takes time to learn or requires some contact with the 'learned' to be good at it.

What is the point in trying to look educated if everyone has it for free, we'll have to invent another form of elitism.
1) Spelling and grammar isn't "elitism" - it's a tool, like a hammer, for being understood correctly. Better tool users are better.
2) It will never be "automatic" - because only *you* know what's in your head. At best you can automatically have poor spelling and grammar corrected - which has been going on for years anyway - but you still need to come up with the content.

Unconsciously incompetent.

Job

No , for being understood at the level of education you want to project.
It's as old as the hills, poor grammer is the same as speaking with a strong accent, people judge you from it, that's why there are apps like that.
If you watch the grammerly videos you can see how it suggests changes to entire sentences to give a more 'professional' look.
This trend will just continue, Grammerly 2021 wil write the whole fucking thing for you.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No , for being understood at the level of education you want to project.
No, for simply understanding each other. Well educated people fight far less - because they're not so dumb that they misunderstand each other.

So, real-life consequences for not being dumb. Call me "elitist" if you like, but being able to get my point across without some fucking knuckle-dragger starting a fight with me because he can't communicate properly seems like a basic human thing to get good at.

Shame @Damini's not about to defend "words" and "grammar" - I'm sure she wasn't rich, but still managed to write books. And she's a tiny-brained woman too! Fucking elitist bitch eh?

And again:
Grammerly 2021 wil write the whole fucking thing for you.
How? How will it know what I want to say?

It's basically the same piece of software I was using nearly thirty years ago. How in two years will it become magically prescient? It's a fucking spell-checker!

Job

Because what we write is shrinking because of a number of forces.
Political and social correctness.
Fear of getting the terminology incorrect.
Social media reducing opinion.
Various algorithms that will reduce it to result based conversation.
The convergance of work place parameters as computers take over jobs.
Everythings headed one way and its world where every word has the potential to destroy a lifetimes work.
People will start to trust software to spell out your ideas for you within safety parameters.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Because what we write is shrinking because of a number of forces.
Political and social correctness.
Fear of getting the terminology incorrect.
Social media reducing opinion.
Various algorithms that will reduce it to result based conversation.
The convergance of work place parameters as computers take over jobs.
Everythings headed one way and its world where every word has the potential to destroy a lifetimes work.
People will start to trust software to spell out your ideas for you within safety parameters.

Always when reading Job posts:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That solves money laundering?
If you insist that crypto businesses follow the know-your-customer regulations then having a completely open and traceable ledger is streets ahead of what we've currently got with traditional banks.

Banks have to use KYC rules right now - so if that's circumvented by criminals then that's exactly the same risk for crypto. But crypto has an un-adjustable public ledger which shows all transactions from end to end - which is streets ahead of what we have with banks.

So no - crypto's not immune - but considering money laundering is utterly rife in our current financial system having a unfalsifiable public ledger would be a major step forward.

Try getting a bank to pony up theirs - and get them to prove it hasn't been manipulated.

L.o.l :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
If you insist that crypto businesses follow the know-your-customer regulations then having a completely open and traceable ledger is streets ahead of what we've currently got with traditional banks.

Banks have to use KYC rules right now - so if that's circumvented by criminals then that's exactly the same risk for crypto. But crypto has an un-adjustable public ledger which shows all transactions from end to end - which is streets ahead of what we have with banks.

So no - crypto's not immune - but considering money laundering is utterly rife in our current financial system having a unfalsifiable public ledger would be a major step forward.

Try getting a bank to pony up theirs - and get them to prove it hasn't been manipulated.

L.o.l :)

Funnily enough I've just sat through a seminar on this very subject this morning.

My instinct is that all the crypto in the world wouldn't have made a difference here; this screams human factors, probably blackmail or family threats against this CEO. You cant "not notice" €220bn in deposits in a country the size of Estonia; its ten times their gdp! Russians probably just forced the money through knowing they'd burn the asset (the CEO) eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom