Router problems

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Posted here basicly because i thought this would be a good place to ask on fh... having some problems with a router i've just bought to go with my new internet line.. the problem is basicly this... every now and again when i use a random program or look at a random web page the net just hangs all of a sudden.. and just lingers doing nothing for about 10-20 seconds :/ makes games with refreshable server lists literally unplayabe.. can't even start up counter strike because of it lol :/... anyway as much help as possible is very much appreciated! model of router etc below

Dynamode, R-ADSL-C4-2 <--- thats basicly everything on the front of its box

thx in advance :(

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Doesn't sound like a router issue. Have you got any other machines hooked up to the router? If so, do they behave the same way?

Also, under internet options, connections, lan settings do you have "Automatically detect settings" ticked? If so, untick it.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
There is another pc connected yea and it does act the same way i believe and that box under lan settings etc was already unticked :/

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Still doesn't sound like a router problem - if it's anything it could be a faulty device. What I think it more likely is that there's just a problem with your line - contact your isp and ask them to check it out.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
ive had this issue for ages.
sometimes i look at specific websites and either the router hangs or the modem restarts.

although without the router plugged in nothing happens, not even the modem restarting. works fine :(

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
actually with the CS server list thing it sounds like it's overloading the router. It's scanning for too many servers and the router can't handle the influx of 20,000 odd responses.

Try using all seeing eye with ISDN network settings and see if that helps.

If that solves your CS problems then your router probably can't handle the websites, etc that are crashing it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom