Rome - The series!

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Saw the first episode repeated on BBC1 last night and there was fanny aplenty.

inactionman

Can't get enough of FH
Shame the plot made little or no sense due to odd bbc editing...

Draylor

Part of the furniture
interesting

I suppose its just the director doing the usual "waaaaaaa they fucked with my work without even asking me waaaaaaaaaaa" thing, but just for once I agree with him :)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Didn't realise they'd cut the first three HBO episodes down to two for BBC broadcast. Explains a lot. I was particularly amused by the idea that 'British viewers didn't need the political context because we knew it already'. Yeah right. Most people have a muddled knowledge of Roman history picked up from Hollywood movies, bits of Sunday school knowledge, a vague recollection of I Claudius and Carry on Cleo! The idea that most people know the details of Rome's transition from republic to dictatorship in any detail is laughable.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Super episode on the Beeb last night, and Caesar has crossed the Rubicon. No going back now...

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
once again I thought the editing was chaotic. everything felt quite rushed imo. there's too much happening for a, what was it? 45min episode?

Whipped

Part of the furniture
My parents watched it last night and were a bit cunfoused as to how Pilau Rice managed to get his head caved in. Did they cut the bit where he gets hit over the headd or were they just not paying attention?

TdC

no he does get clocked to the noggin. then hides in a fountain iirc.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
When he puts the knife through that gambling blokes neck and then starts battering people. Someone clobbers him from behind with a bottle and he gets his head cut and goes all dizzy.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
TdC said:
no he does get clocked to the noggin. then hides in a fountain iirc.
Only if you watch the piss-poor BBC version. The hiding in a fountain thing never happens in the HBO version (since the fight, injury, 'surgery' and recovery are all part of episode 2). Thats about the only thing in the first 2 episodes that does make sense in the way the BBC edited it.

For those watching on BBC next weeks episode might be easier to follow, since theyll have stopped fucking around with it by then. Yesterdays was 17mins-ish from episode 2, 30mins-ish from ep3 (which originally was a little over 45).

Not surprising its hard to follow.

TdC

yeah, cos I found the whole "operation" thing kinda strange tbh. I mean, according to BBC editing he survived for some time and was able to cover some distance too. my argument being that if he was injured enough to require trepanning (if that's what it's called) he'd totally not have been able to do that.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Anyone know if there is an IRC channel/server I can download this series from?

Clown

Part of the furniture
irc.bbc.co.uk
You need to auth with the bot 'TVLICENSE'
#rome

TdC

teh CoC said:
Copyrighted music, film or other similar material is not permitted to be posted on our forums, neither are links to such files or links / details of methods of obtaining such material via online or offline means.

please do not violate our CoC.

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
insert beavis and butthead laughter here >>>>

unless it's copyrighted of course.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Great episode this week

Really moving scene in the arena, and visually quite brutal. Loved the way that Pullow massacred all those wide boy gladiators :D

Chilly

Balls of steel
/agree with tom, was a cracking ep, poor varenus battling with himself and playing politics :(
All the blood and severed legs made up for it a treat, though :D

Yaka

Part of the furniture
possibly the best for me

have to wonder wha will happen to those two, will cesar have them bumped off, or do they start a rebellion of the vets or somat?

Whipped

Part of the furniture
Yaka said:
possibly the best for me

have to wonder wha will happen to those two, will cesar have them bumped off, or do they start a rebellion of the vets or somat?
Well, as they're the R2D2 and C3PO of the show, I very much doubt they'll get whacked.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Those two are the main characters. Why would they chop them?

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
"These Roman bitches, all I do is fuck and eat and fuck and eat"

Bastards! They stole that line from me :(

Whipped

Part of the furniture
What a bloody great end to the series!!! Supurb!!!

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
E12:
wow, that was brutal!

Series 2 starts next year?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom