Games Rome II: Total War

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
By champions? I am not sure, maybe :eek:

I am hoping it was a bug, my 1500 man army lost 30 casualities before comprehensively routed while enemy lost 300 :)

you can really screw people up with the agents, also, check your General's stats (mouse over the little gold star when you recruit them + agents) some have got some savage debuffs on them

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
who are you ? rome ?
who are you at war with, or been at war with ?
you trading with their enemies ?
what difficulty you on ? might have a modifier

I am playing with the english because i refuse to play for frisia / germans! :p

am at semi war with ireland and i just gave scotland its freedom :D

have all friendly with france states, dutch/german, danish and baltics. just the spanish and portugeese that suck

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Playing as Rome on Normal difficulty, currently taken the island to the east and south, and pushed north towards Genova - seems pretty easy atm - Seems pretty simple to put armies at obvious choke points and just trash their larger armies, I've also managed to bribe most of the North African nations to either be my friends, or kill those that are refusing to be my friends :D I'm considering upping the difficulty, but I remember on the older Total Wars, it seems to get alot more difficult more you progress into the game.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Erg, crashed after 2 hours of play time without saving.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Started as Parthia, oh it's hard you start with your Capital nothing else.

Mabs

im trying to get in the mindset to play Sparta/Athens, love the Greek city states, but wall to wall phalanx is possibly the most boring army to fight with :/

i must try war elephants tho :eek:

Aada

Part of the furniture
but but, I get archers on horse back to rain hell!

Mabs

i tried the "burning rolling balls of death" earlier.. they rolled forward, hit a twig, went left and took out 200 gladiators, 150 velites, about 100 preatorians and the crew of all 3 giant ballistas... :x

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Be careful with the patch, fucking a lot of things up. All my saves have gone wonky and had to start again.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I am starting to think it needs quite a lot of patching. The campaign map is spot on but the battles don't feel as involved as Rome 1, it seems really awkward to get units to move as one and more often than not descends into a bar brawl.

Aada

Part of the furniture
ffs first crash i've had didn't save for some time ;/

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Interesting bug...When I save it, it says I own some random region miles away, when I load it crashes.

So sending a an army off into the distance to take the region in the hope that it doesn't corrupt my save!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, crashes, save game corruption, graphical bugs. Early days though!

Mabs

ive had zero probs with it.. except the memory leak, if i play for about 3 hours, it chugs to fuck, beyond its normal chugging, but thats to be expected so

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I've only encountered the save game corruption myself which meant I lost an afternoon of play, I noticed when I was saving it again it showed I owned a region to the east, right next to the edge of the game map. I fixed it by working out which region it was and force marching an army to take it. So I now have a nice area around Italy, Asia and North Africa and then a town miles away! The upside is I have upset a bunch of people over there and it's too far away to support properly :) A bit of a challenge I suppose.

Mabs

I've only encountered the save game corruption myself which meant I lost an afternoon of play, I noticed when I was saving it again it showed I owned a region to the east, right next to the edge of the game map. I fixed it by working out which region it was and force marching an army to take it. So I now have a nice area around Italy, Asia and North Africa and then a town miles away! The upside is I have upset a bunch of people over there and it's too far away to support properly :) A bit of a challenge I suppose.

ramp up tax, knock buildings down, let slums, rebel and lose it to XYZ Rebel army :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Getting quite a few crashes now, to the point I am saving it every turn.

Also, went from earning 20k monies a turn to -5k monies and +25 food to -20 food a turn within 1 turn, nothing changed, I hadn't even issued any orders, was skipping through learning a tech. Also had a bug where an enemy fleet was blockading a city and every time I tried to sally forth my land units would fuck off in the opposite direction and the garrisoned sea units did nothing. A massive city assaulted by a rowing boat. Also, piss pot states demanding 20-30k for a trade agreement??? lolno

Definitely a few bugs that need ironing out.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Save just got fucked ;/ everytime I try to load it the game just crashes.. oh well time to start again.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Another big patch this morning.

As for the dodgy save file, can you see a region highlighted in green that you didn't have before? If so the only way to fix it is to load an older save before it corrupted and take that region.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
When it goes to shit it really goes to shit doesn't it?! Everyone and their mum just declared war on me. Going to have to abandon most of Persia so that I can manage Europe.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
When it goes to shit it really goes to shit doesn't it?! Everyone and their mum just declared war on me. Going to have to abandon most of Persia so that I can manage Europe.

This is why everyone and their mum is my client state/ally everyone else is dead to me.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
All my agent actions fail, regardless of the chance being 88% to succeed or 64% -.-

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It seems much more stable since the last patch. /touch wood

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Getting quite a few crashes now, to the point I am saving it every turn.

Also, went from earning 20k monies a turn to -5k monies and +25 food to -20 food a turn within 1 turn, nothing changed, I hadn't even issued any orders, was skipping through learning a tech. Also had a bug where an enemy fleet was blockading a city and every time I tried to sally forth my land units would fuck off in the opposite direction and the garrisoned sea units did nothing. A massive city assaulted by a rowing boat. Also, piss pot states demanding 20-30k for a trade agreement??? lolno

Definitely a few bugs that need ironing out.

check if u didnt miss any sickness pop-ups

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I really do prefer the battles in earlier games. They tend to descend into riots rather than a proper battle. I want my units to advance in a straight line, not a mob. At least they seem to have sorted the friendly fire out now! Cavalry shits on everything though, I remember being terrified of the spear phalanx in previous games, not any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom