Games Rome II: Total War

Aada

Part of the furniture
I really do prefer the battles in earlier games. They tend to descend into riots rather than a proper battle. I want my units to advance in a straight line, not a mob. At least they seem to have sorted the friendly fire out now! Cavalry shits on everything though, I remember being terrified of the spear phalanx in previous games, not any more.

I wish there was an option where they would advance slowly in a straight line, I can understand not being able to do it at running speed.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Nah not really. I play really slowly and may take half an hour to play a turn. I tend to be watching Netflix most of the time while playing then get really deep into making sure provinces are giving their overlord the maximum benefit.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They advance in a line ok but as soon as they meet the enemy it just turns into a mass blob of units.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
quite a few formations are totally buggered atm: Testudo is a joke, mostly, and Phalanx flat out doesnt work, they dont hold formation and cant absorb a charge properly, i havent tried it but rumour is, if you want a wall of spears to stand their ground, use PIKEMEN -not- hoplites

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
quite a few formations are totally buggered atm: Testudo is a joke, mostly, and Phalanx flat out doesnt work, they dont hold formation and cant absorb a charge properly, i havent tried it but rumour is, if you want a wall of spears to stand their ground, use PIKEMEN -not- hoplites

thats because fear etc can be a factor... even though they might not show it on their flags...
a better general near them can keep the formations tighter

Mabs

thats because fear etc can be a factor... even though they might not show it on their flags...
a better general near them can keep the formations tighter

no someone actually looked at the coding on it, if you charge a Phalanx it wont hold formation, spears wont fight properly, etc, its bugged at a design level :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Sounds like i shouldnt be to miffed about missing this release. Will pick it up when I get a new computer instead, hopefully some of these things are fixed by then

Mabs

i havent had any random armys standing around
i havent had any AI freeze ups in battles

in fact, its been fine for me, it just goes to show, it strikes at random /shrug

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Could be just a matter of unoptimized hardware/software in combination with... well yeah anything.

Mabs

one guy on the forums was raging that Creative Assembly are shit, Sega ruined his life, and R2 is fucking shit

then later admited he had a 1gig overclock but that it MUST BE R2 that was causing his blue screen

/shrug

some problems are problems, others are PEBCAK

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Some games are extremely sensitive to overclocking and unstable hardware (due to power surges, under voltage etc)

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I got to the end of part one of the prologue as Rome.

Took the Samian capital but now can't advance.

I get the cut scene and I'm back attacking the city again.

Way around this?

On my iPhone apologies for posting like a douche.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
This gave has actually been updated pretty well now, and with all the DLC's its fun and all. Woop!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yeah, it's purty good, just gets frustrating after a of doing the same rinse repeat sort of stuff, I never felt it -that- bad in the previous Total Wars, I guess they were a bit quicker.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
True. With 100000000 factions, and when you are managing a larger army it does get very repetitive and somewhat hard to follow.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Yeah, I got 8/10's of the way to completing the domination victories as Carthage and Sparta, but I don't have the patience or energy to fight the 10 battles each turn. Just need 6 more provinces for my Sparta game, and I can't make myself do it. I've worked out it will take me about 40 hours to complete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom