Roleplaying?

S

Stormcrow

If you want to roleplay, which (english) server should you choose? Excalibur or Prydwen?

Also would like to hear from roleplayers who play on either server. What are your impressions of the state of RP on the server? Can you find it? Are you swamped with "dudes" all around?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Unfortunately, im pretty certain you wont find any roleplaying on excalibur - during the year ive been on the server (pretty much every day) i can count the number of times ive happened on roleplayers on the fingers of one hand. The enviroment isnt very suitable to roleplaying as you will get swamped in l33t-talk, d00d-names, and out-of-character references.
Might be slightly better on prydwen, but you would likely have to find a roleplaying guild in order to have some people to roleplay persistantly with.

Good luck.

EDIT: You should probably get the US verison of daoc and start on one of their rp-servers.

Brannor McThife

Fledgling Freddie
Prydwen, Albion.

Highest percentage of roleplaying characters. And I've played Prydwen: Alb/Hib/Mid and Excal Alb/Hib. And I seriously doubt there are any RP's lurking in Excal Mid.

-G

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
prydwen ofc but dont expect any quality rvr there :p

Kaitlyn

One of Freddy's beloved
I've played Prydwen Albion and Midgard and found it seriously lacking in roleplayers, Nyd was the exception, they were a wonderful roleplaying guild that made everyday an adventure and a joy to be a member. I know Inquisition of Raal on Hibernia Prydwen used to be roleplayers aswell, but i'm not too sure of the present state .I've seen many roleplaying guilds, Amazons of Midgard for example, and roleplayers wandering away from the path a little because well this day and age of camelot really warrants it somewhat, but I still long for the day that a small friendly roleplaying guild shows its face again, in my opinion it brings a little extra to the game.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Lies, there are plenty of Roleplayers on Excaliber!! Why just the other day i was grouped with a guy roleplaying as a brainless moron with a three word vocabulary (LFG, FFS, CYA).

Also there are dozens of people roleplaying as those robots in Disneyland that stay still till you put a dime in their mouths. ;)

Bometal

Fledgling Freddie
Stormcrow said:
If you want to roleplay, which (english) server should you choose? Excalibur or Prydwen?

Also would like to hear from roleplayers who play on either server. What are your impressions of the state of RP on the server? Can you find it? Are you swamped with "dudes" all around?

The Choir on Excalibur Albion is a dedicated roleplaying guild

Vesania

Fledgling Freddie
Prydwen, Albion, where there are a number of guilds offering roleplay as part of their charter, including the Templars (immersive roleplay), Order of the Unseen, Rosicrucians, Phoenix Legion, Utopia and others. The server is still full of non-roleplayers, of course, but there is plenty of good roleplay to be had if you look in the right place.

Medea

Fledgling Freddie
I would recommend Albion/Prydwen as Vasania mentioned above. The Templars are a pure roleplaying guild of good size with numerous very active members. You can visit their website www.knightstemplar.cc

On Hibernia/Excalibur you can find the Kindred who have specific roleplaying campains but otherwise communicate ooc.

If you choose to come to the Templars, see you soon!

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Ha! Everyone knows the templars are a front for a cyber-prostitution ring!

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
State of RP on Pryd: There are roleplayers around, for sure. Like any social activity, you tend to find groups of people who RP together. They probably won't involve you much until they know you. Most RPers are probably concentrated in the guilds named above, but not all. Most people also don't RP 100% of the time (including templars), there's a balance between immersion and actually playing the game.

(Hm, how to put this.) Try not to come into it with too high expectations :) For sure there are good roleplayers but there are also people who think that hanging out by the forge and talking about chocolate cake is the height of in-character chat. Anyway, come try it out and have fun!

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Wolverines on Midgard Excalibur has been a semi-roleplaying guild since the opening of the servers.

There are some people who roleplay more than others and OOC isn't banned on the /gu but if people want to RP they're more than welcome in our guild.

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmm, why do people roleplay? i'll never understand it, they don't seem to realise that behind their back people are laughing :p

pixie.pebr

Fledgling Freddie
Phixion said:
Hmm, why do people roleplay? i'll never understand it, they don't seem to realise that behind their back people are laughing :p

Perhaps because they enjoy it?
And about the laughing behind backs, yes, most RPers do know about it.
Personally I tend to not care too much about it, apart from the pity I feel for the narrowminded laughers.

Did that answer your question?

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Phixion said:
A lot of people would laugh at you behind your back for posting here, don;t stop you does it?

Flesh

Banned
Danya said:
A lot of people would laugh at you behind your back for posting here, don;t stop you does it?
Doesn't! Not Don't! :twak:
Just because you were born an Essex girl doesn't mean you have to talk like one! :twak: :touch: :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom