This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roleplaying?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stormcrow, Jan 2, 2004.

1. Stormcrow

Stormcrow Guest

If you want to roleplay, which (english) server should you choose? Excalibur or Prydwen?

Also would like to hear from roleplayers who play on either server. What are your impressions of the state of RP on the server? Can you find it? Are you swamped with "dudes" all around?

2. Fana

Fana Fledgling Freddie

Unfortunately, im pretty certain you wont find any roleplaying on excalibur - during the year ive been on the server (pretty much every day) i can count the number of times ive happened on roleplayers on the fingers of one hand. The enviroment isnt very suitable to roleplaying as you will get swamped in l33t-talk, d00d-names, and out-of-character references.
    Might be slightly better on prydwen, but you would likely have to find a roleplaying guild in order to have some people to roleplay persistantly with.

Good luck.

EDIT: You should probably get the US verison of daoc and start on one of their rp-servers.

3. Brannor McThife

Brannor McThife Fledgling Freddie

Prydwen, Albion.

Highest percentage of roleplaying characters. And I've played Prydwen: Alb/Hib/Mid and Excal Alb/Hib. And I seriously doubt there are any RP's lurking in Excal Mid.

-G

4. lofff

lofff One of Freddy's beloved

prydwen ofc but dont expect any quality rvr there :p

5. Danya

Danya Fledgling Freddie

Or any quality roleplay. :p

6. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn One of Freddy's beloved

I've played Prydwen Albion and Midgard and found it seriously lacking in roleplayers, Nyd was the exception, they were a wonderful roleplaying guild that made everyday an adventure and a joy to be a member. I know Inquisition of Raal on Hibernia Prydwen used to be roleplayers aswell, but i'm not too sure of the present state .I've seen many roleplaying guilds, Amazons of Midgard for example, and roleplayers wandering away from the path a little because well this day and age of camelot really warrants it somewhat, but I still long for the day that a small friendly roleplaying guild shows its face again, in my opinion it brings a little extra to the game.

7. nick

nick Fledgling Freddie

Roleplay = C6?

8. Archeon

Archeon Fledgling Freddie

Lies, there are plenty of Roleplayers on Excaliber!! Why just the other day i was grouped with a guy roleplaying as a brainless moron with a three word vocabulary (LFG, FFS, CYA).

Also there are dozens of people roleplaying as those robots in Disneyland that stay still till you put a dime in their mouths. ;)

9. Ardrias

Ardrias Fledgling Freddie

Yes.

10. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn One of Freddy's beloved

Oh please, everyone knows proper roleplayers dont get sex. :rolleyes:

11. Danya

Danya Fledgling Freddie

That's why they cyber so much. :p

12. Bometal

Bometal Fledgling Freddie

The Choir on Excalibur Albion is a dedicated roleplaying guild

13. Vesania

Vesania Fledgling Freddie

Prydwen, Albion, where there are a number of guilds offering roleplay as part of their charter, including the Templars (immersive roleplay), Order of the Unseen, Rosicrucians, Phoenix Legion, Utopia and others. The server is still full of non-roleplayers, of course, but there is plenty of good roleplay to be had if you look in the right place.

14. Medea

Medea Fledgling Freddie

I would recommend Albion/Prydwen as Vasania mentioned above. The Templars are a pure roleplaying guild of good size with numerous very active members. You can visit their website www.knightstemplar.cc

On Hibernia/Excalibur you can find the Kindred who have specific roleplaying campains but otherwise communicate ooc.

If you choose to come to the Templars, see you soon!

15. Danya

Danya Fledgling Freddie

Ha! Everyone knows the templars are a front for a cyber-prostitution ring!

16. Linnet

Linnet Fledgling Freddie

State of RP on Pryd: There are roleplayers around, for sure. Like any social activity, you tend to find groups of people who RP together. They probably won't involve you much until they know you. Most RPers are probably concentrated in the guilds named above, but not all. Most people also don't RP 100% of the time (including templars), there's a balance between immersion and actually playing the game.

(Hm, how to put this.) Try not to come into it with too high expectations :) For sure there are good roleplayers but there are also people who think that hanging out by the forge and talking about chocolate cake is the height of in-character chat. Anyway, come try it out and have fun!

17. Addlcove

Addlcove Fledgling Freddie

it was a class chocolate cake though.

:p

18. Cadiva

Cadiva Part of the furniture

Wolverines on Midgard Excalibur has been a semi-roleplaying guild since the opening of the servers.

There are some people who roleplay more than others and OOC isn't banned on the /gu but if people want to RP they're more than welcome in our guild.

19. Phixion

Phixion Fledgling Freddie

Hmm, why do people roleplay? i'll never understand it, they don't seem to realise that behind their back people are laughing :p

20. pixie.pebr

pixie.pebr Fledgling Freddie

Perhaps because they enjoy it?
    And about the laughing behind backs, yes, most RPers do know about it.
    Personally I tend to not care too much about it, apart from the pity I feel for the narrowminded laughers.

Did that answer your question?

21. Danya

Danya Fledgling Freddie

A lot of people would laugh at you behind your back for posting here, don;t stop you does it?

22. Gromnir

Gromnir Fledgling Freddie

23. Teh FnoRd

Teh FnoRd Fledgling Freddie

Since when is Teh Zerg the same as quality rvr? :p

Cheese anyone? :D

24. Flesh

Flesh Banned

Doesn't! Not Don't! :twak:
    Just because you were born an Essex girl doesn't mean you have to talk like one! :twak: :touch: :eek: