WTF? Robots are coming for your job....yes..every job

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You only know what red feels like because you've been told.

Nobody told me how to feel when i see the color red. For a machine it will always be a definition from code, for a human it can be anything.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Nobody told me how to feel when i see the color red. For a machine it will always be a definition from code, for a human it can be anything.
Your brain is defined in code. Lots and lots and lots of code. It's fundamentally no different to any computer, just fancier. There is nothing magic about humans and human brains. It's the ultimate form of hubris to think that somehow we are special and unique and have a soul and la di da.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Robots are unlikely at the moment while we still have 3rd world labour...but like all changes they happen because something goes up and the other goes down...slowly 3rd world labour will end as everyone gets a comfortable lifestyle and in that time robotics and software will have exponentially improved to the point you can have some bot in the house.who can fix everything...decorate..do your taxes..teach the kids..be trusted to look after them...wont lose/molest/beat them and have endless access to a bazillion parenting techniques..it will be normal and all the jobs it can do will dissappear just like cameras and desktops are dying out because phones do it better.
We will automate everything...films will be made by software...the actors will on a hard drive..books..novels..art.
We will have friends who are algorithms..in fact it will be nigh on impossible to tell the difference.

The Japanese are leading the way in robotics because they're a bunch of racists who won't allow 3rd world labour on precious Japanese soil (and also because they have an ageing problem and young Japanese don't want to look after old Japanese - like they used to - because its icky, so medical robots in particular are a bit line of research). You'll see non-military robots become mainstream in Japan first, and then we'll all want them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom