WTF? Robots are coming for your job....yes..every job

Poag

m00?
On a more serious note, the march of cost savings and advancement means this is going to happen.

So what will humans 'do' in the future? Are we looking at a free-time utopia, or a fat camp space ship after we destroy the world.

Madmaxx

FH is my second home
Well machines are only as smart as the person who makes them, so at one point or another I imagine they would be "outdated" or technology will hit a limit until the next big invention/discovery is made.

Also did not watch all the vid, got bored of him saying how the future is nailed on lol; maybe he should make a bot to buy a lottery ticket.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Are we reposting things from yesterdays front page of reddit now.

Are we no better than the daily mail and the metro?

:D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Does, the, guy, have, to, stop almost, after, every... Word. Annoying :p

In any case, as far as the "menial" jobs go, yes, will be automated and since money runs the world and food costs dolla dolla; poverty will rise, medical stuff, homeless yada yada. Detroit on a global level. Companies aren't charities and charity is the only thing keeping the homeless/hungry of -today- alive. Bad thing? Who knows. Humanity will adapt, even at a 75% loss rate.

One thing a bot can't do though, while the video tries to deny it, is creativity. Sure it can follow creativity to some level, but it can't think outside the box as it is a box. Call it what you will; intuition, thinking outside the box, conformity, 5th sense, lightbulb on head. Will need a lot more sparks and cables to come even close.

Let's throw a nerdy example here;

DataTNG.jpg

Last edited:

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Quick someone make a Diana conspiracy thread, then tomorrow make a Madeline Mccan thread.
For metro , you can just repost the top content from r/funny or r/adviceanimals.

Poag

m00?

Was it? It was in my youtube pending videos so personally hadn't seen it :/ Although I did see the notification yesterday it had been posted to ytube

Poag

m00?
Well machines are only as smart as the person who makes them, so at one point or another I imagine they would be "outdated" or technology will hit a limit until the next big invention/discovery is made.

Also did not watch all the vid, got bored of him saying how the future is nailed on lol; maybe he should make a bot to buy a lottery ticket.
I think this is the point tho. Th very first part of the vid is about a robot that copies what we do. So you dont have to program its actions into it, it'll learn to duplicate actions to get the same results.

Giving a program or robot a origin and the expected solution, it'll find its way to the end, quicker/slower than a human would and potentially in a better/worse way than the human did. So its not about the skills of the programmer in a task, but the problem solving skills that can be programmed into a bot....

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

That's fine until machines are the ones doing the upgrading and design of their successors, which is inevitable.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm not at all concerned about any of this. Firstly, because my job can't be done by robots (at least not the location stuff, sports outside broadcast could easily be automated). But secondly, I'm unconcerned because I don't lament the loss of bear leaders, bobbin boys, lamplighters, coachmen, rag pickers, or even whipping boys. The world won't collapse just because we find a cheaper, more efficient way to do something.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Well my robot butler posted it yesterday because he's better than me.

Job

Well yes..this is my favourite subject..we are all just meat machines playing a huge game of WOW...the limits are set by physics and our technology is simply cheat codes...when the cheat codes get good enough the game won't be worth playing anymore.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Gotta have a job and a light case of schizophrenia to be worried the slightest to begin with.

Lakih

Resident Freddy

Personally i saw a link to that video in my Twitter feed, no clue where it's actually from. I don't read reddit myself, so if anyone wants to pick the raisins out of there and repost them here i'm perfectly happy with that, that way i can skip the large stale dough that i consider the rest of reddit is.

Very little original content springs from these forums and i'm happy to see the gems reposted here. FH is sort of my "best of the best" viral source. :)

On the topic of the thread....

In the future most of the humans will be batteries and only 10% of the smartest of the smartest will be held as slaves to program new instructions to our computer overlords... It will be like Terminator and The Matrix all mashed into one but with much less rebellion and hope for a positive outcome.
Doom i tell you, DOOOOOM!

Either that or we all end up like the folks in Wall-E.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
I've got one but I don't really want it.

I, for one, welcome our new robot overlords.

Hold onto it, job seeking it shit right now

“You are applicant: 379 of 390 for this position”

or

“4 hours a week, must be flexible on days”

or

“Your overqualified”

or

“Must speak English, French, Italian and one other language”

or

“I will tell you what I tell everyone else, we are not hiring right now”

But....but....the sign....the job advertisement....why?

“Oh ignore that, we are not allowed to take it down”

And of course, the classic job advert is so poorly done that you cannot even apply as they omitted any contract number, e-mail, or even a company name.

I seem to recall even seeing text speak in a job advert.....I cannot even.

They now have CV scanning software that picks out keywords and such to figure out what CV's should be read by an actual human being.

I can see companies filtering out peoples CV's if they worked for a competitor.

Been unemployed for a year now, save some voluntary work. This is hell, I have ALWAYS had a job and ALWAYS walked from one job into another. Fucks sake.

Last edited:

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
@Jeros you forgot the most wonderful thing that the company can send you after you've applied.

Job

Robots are unlikely at the moment while we still have 3rd world labour...but like all changes they happen because something goes up and the other goes down...slowly 3rd world labour will end as everyone gets a comfortable lifestyle and in that time robotics and software will have exponentially improved to the point you can have some bot in the house.who can fix everything...decorate..do your taxes..teach the kids..be trusted to look after them...wont lose/molest/beat them and have endless access to a bazillion parenting techniques..it will be normal and all the jobs it can do will dissappear just like cameras and desktops are dying out because phones do it better.
We will automate everything...films will be made by software...the actors will on a hard drive..books..novels..art.
We will have friends who are algorithms..in fact it will be nigh on impossible to tell the difference.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
We will automate everything...films will be made by software...the actors will on a hard drive..books..novels..art.

Judging from the last 20 years of Hollywood output that already started! Formula story lines and scripts.

Chilly

Balls of steel
What do Maddy and Osama Bin Laden have in common?

(the punchline is *awful* beware)

They both had their back doors smashed in and then were dumped in the ocean

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom