News Road Fatalities Map

rynnor

Rockhound
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15975720

I looked up my area and in town its either old people in their 80s crossing roads at random places or old people drivers like 83 year olds totalling their cars/selves or motorbikes. Out of town its all motorbikes with kids from 18 and up.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yeah. And lots of roads which are supposed to be "accident blackspots" which really fucking aren't - but they've got nice money earning cameras all over 'em.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Got to pay for the filth's Xmas do somehow.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Quite a lot in my area, but then it is traffic-laden SW London.

A lot of motorbike deaths. A lot of old people deaths.

Very few young deaths.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Yeah. And lots of roads which are supposed to be "accident blackspots" which really fucking aren't - but they've got nice money earning cameras all over 'em.

This.

Loads of fatalities around some of the roads near me - no speed cameras.

One fatality on a dual carriage way that used to be 70 mph, but is now 50 mph and therefore easy pickings to pick up some cash because everyone is like "WTF LOL 50?!" - mobile speed cameras and patrolled by an unmarked car.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Sobering how often entire car loads of 17 year olds snuff it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Sobering how often entire car loads of 17 year olds snuff it.

Unsurprising more like.

And the old, of course. They're hardly likely to survive an accident as their bones break when they sneeze too hard.

Seems to me that car death is getting rid of young idiots and the elderly. Win :)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
had some elderly relatives die in a nasty crash up in scotland few years ago. both of them died, and the 2 people in the car they hit died aswell. Seems, apparently, that he fell asleep at the wheel. So yea i can understand the problems of elderly people still driving and being a hazard.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
One near me involved a car and an old man on a bike. He was 89. What the fuck is an 89 year old doing cycling on South West London main roads?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Do you think he shouldnt be allowed? Whose decision would that be then?

Nate

FH is my second home
One near me involving a pedestrian on an A road at 6 in the morning...

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!

Could it not be that since the cameras are there, the locals who know about them are no longer taking risks in dangerous areas? I don't doubt for a second that the cameras make money, but if you get caught by one then it's your own fault.

Calaen

One near me involving a pedestrian on an A road at 6 in the morning...

A girl I knew died after a night out, she got hit off a taxi crossing the western bypass at 3 in the morning. She was 18 and left a 1 year old daughter. The fence she had to climb over to get
Onto the road was about 10 feet talk.

It would have been quicker for her to walk over the bridge 50 yards away.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock

his familys, really. most people stop their parents/grandparents from driving/cycling/living alone/etc when it reaches a point where its DANGEROUS and they are too proud/stubborn/senile to stop themselves

rynnor

Rockhound

Dunno but I actually saw the aftermath of an elderly cyclist who apparently pulled out onto the roundabout of a dual carriageway the other year and hes on that map - if someone had stopped him he'd probably still be around.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I shot a round of skeet with a bloke who's 89 in a couple of weeks, I beat him by one :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

I'm all for it. Seriously. If an 89 year old man wants to ride a cycle he should be well aware of the risks. I bet 99% of them would be fine anyway.

We need more of a "shit happens" attitude in this country IMO.

But then I'm on my second bottle of wine :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And on a school night <shakes head>

:D

School's out for me this year. Contractor, remember? Just back from Sri Lanka and settling in for xmas :D

Could it not be that since the cameras are there, the locals who know about them are no longer taking risks in dangerous areas? I don't doubt for a second that the cameras make money, but if you get caught by one then it's your own fault.

Way to miss the point because you've got a "you shouldn't be speeding young man" stick up your kazoo. :)

The point I made was that the cameras are up in places that were never accident blackspots - but are good money making areas. The one I've got in mind (after the wine) is a dual carriageway with great visibility which has been nerfed to 50mph for no good reason.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
we had a speed camera put up after some kid killed himself joy riding his parents car into a tree on a bend .. afaik it was the only accident there in the 13 years i been here ... so much for accident blackspot my arse

Calaen

School's out for me this year. Contractor, remember? Just back from Sri Lanka and settling in for xmas :D

Way to miss the point because you've got a "you shouldn't be speeding young man" stick up your kazoo. :)

The point I made was that the cameras are up in places that were never accident blackspots - but are good money making areas. The one I've got in mind (after the wine) is a dual carriageway with great visibility which has been nerfed to 50mph for no good reason.

I speed as much as the next bloke. I didn't when I first passed my test, and I argued with Tom about it. But after driving for a few years I understood his point of view and in turn changed mine.

However I do get caught, accident blackspot or not I really don't have a problem with manning up and paying the fine. Can't even use the excuse of an unknown area anymore the sat Nav bleeps like fuck when they're close. The only reason they make loads of money from them is because morons keep getting caught. I have a friend who has been caught 3 times by thd same static camera. There's just no excuse for it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
bwwn caught once in 20 years .. fair price to pay for all the time saved.. just do it on motorways and things like that not 20 or 30 mph zones ..

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Only a few near me in the last 10 years. Just about every one of them involved an elderly padestrian which tells me that at least 80% of them just stepped out onto the road without looking properly. Old people need looking after.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
We need more of a "shit happens" attitude in this country IMO.

Instead it's more of a who can you sue for this attitude!

Had some yob mouth off to me in the Underground at Waterloo last trip back to London. I got pissed off and had him by the throat up against the wall asking for an apology when he blurts out, "hit meh and I'll f*cking sue ya, yer c*nt!". So I popped him on the nose and replied, "Good luck with that, I live in Dubai!" I actually got a few applause from some people watching!

Makes me so sad watching the UK go to shit.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Had some cunt mouth off to me in the underground so I returned the favour and got medieval on his arse - escalating the situation from gobby arsehole to violent altercation. What the UK needs is more people willing to be violent in public places - so I took a lead-by-example attitude. A few people in the underground applauded me but I ignored the rest who were probably terrified and wished this had never taken place.

We're all fighty in tater-land, blowing each other up and kneecaping each other over religious ideologies, so we're used to it. Now our economy is fucked our main export is punchy entertainment.

Fixed :)

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
LOL. When you have some idiot being rude to you for no reason other than he is a complete prick I think it's justified. The verbal did go on a bit before I resorted to asking him for an apology. He must have called me a f'in c*nt about 6 times. All because I let some old dear off the train before me, holding him up for 5 seconds. I just hate idiots and I won't take shit from tossers like that.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
As much as you probably don't like it, there's scum out there, that will only learn by knowing that there's people out there that are bigger than them.

They have no respect for anything.

Worst thing is, it's my age group :\

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom