Rise & Fall of Forum

P

Perplex

These forums have become mind-numbingly boring to read, hence my lack of posting recently. More and more threads are started for nothing more than spam purposes

bored

T

Testin da Cable

it's the end-of-year wierdness Perplex :(
either that, or it really is crap and I just don't see it heh

M

Moving Target

I thought it couldn't get any crapper when I joined, but now it is so crap I find it so boring trawling through the *uNF*s and the *ziiips*. It was fun to spam, but not no more :(

P

Perplex

Originally posted by Moving Target
I thought it couldn't get any crapper when I joined, but now it is so crap I find it so boring trawling through the *uNF*s and the *ziiips*. It was fun to spam, but not no more :(

Exactly, I used to read most new threads because they tended to contain some form of at least semi-interesting content. Nowadays I really can't be fucked

S

Summo

Fair points but it does depend on what you come here for, dunnit? I became a poster after the am00sing Jennifer F*cking Lopez thread where I saw several people with a similar sense of humour as meself, who basically turned up to talk arse and entertain each other.

A bit of content is a nice thing, but having a laugh is more important to me. Some peeps say the forums are worse, I personally think they're better. We've got funny new people like bigbb and the-frizz who seems to enjoy the place, funny regulars like Nibbler, TdC, Wij, Wazz and the pop-in amusing peeps like Kez and yourself, Perp. The GlyNN3rs-inspired flame wars have stopped and the place is fluffy.

Remember a similar thread to this started a couple of weeks ago. The result was that we didn't post for a few days, and threads popped up saying stuff like 'innit quiet?'

Proper discussions occasionally happen and particularly in the other forums. I like it here. I have seen green. And it's not because of valuable content.

M

Moving Target

I dont find it funny. It's what started this crap :mad:

B

bigbb

I can't weely make an informed judgement on my forumness before the fall of the forums due to my lack of forumingness at that stage. However, that has not affected my wildly inaccurate statements before so I have no hesitation in putting forward my views. As if you have a choice anyway?

Having said all that, i'm not sure I have a point to make, which in a reflection does actually seem as if i'm making uselss, boring to read, spam. In this instance you may indeed be correct, but in other situations I wekon ppl are splendidlydumptious on here and the quality of content may have changed to reflect our current situation. (Hold on, bb twying to be intelligent here) It may indeed be for the reason of the outsideling events on the news and such like being so serious people need an escape from "the outside" and to just come here and talk shit. Much like I am now infact.

golly. I have gone on a bit here, I'll stop here.

M

Moving Target

Originally posted by SomeGuy
We've got funny new people like bigbb and the-frizz

:eek6: If you find them funny, you need a decent sense of humour.

B

bigbb

aww mt that is nice :D you make me feel so welcome.

M

Moving Target

No offence...most people aren't funny round here so you are not alone.

B

bigbb

are you one of the more humourous? I must have missed the joke der then :/

M

Moving Target

Didn't say that I was - it just seems that nobody makes me laugh anymore.

T

Testin da Cable

it's cos you've somehow decided to feel bad these past months MT

B

bigbb

and may I add I don't come here to offer humourous services to the masses for which I have never been commended, I simply come here because I feel is some pervese manner I do actually relate to these people here and I enjoy talking with them.

If people don't like it here, I don't understand why they want to stay here? They waiting for ppl like me to fack off I guess :/

M

Moving Target

Ah, but long ago there was actually some decent humour on here, but now it's all oh so witty repartee and *uNF* and *ziiip*. I only come here to argue.

B

bigbb

okeh, well I dunno. I don't pretend to have answers here, I try and stay well away from personal opinion here because it is often trodden on by others.

Humour is a dying trade I guess.

T

Testin da Cable

then you should ask the staffy peeps for a serious "argue your case here" forum patrolled by uber strict mods deleting every ot post heh.

my advice would be don't sit here in general winging about how crap it is, take action and do something about your situation

B

bigbb

good call tdc. If you don't like, you have the powah to change it, you are a deity here MT. You have democratic rights, start threads of interest etc. Don't expect others to do it, but I do however fear, threads of actual decent questions these days tend to have some ppl that think they know it all taking over and it just turns into an arguement, anyway.

Worth a try :D

S

Summo

Yeah, peeps. If you don't like it... change it. Stop whinging like girls.

No offence, girls. *wink*

M

Moving Target

I'm not changing. Someone else change. Go on... :touch:

P

Perplex

to be honest, I totally and utterly agree with MT

B

bigbb

MT, we're obviously happy with things, if YOU don't like it, YOU change it.

Simple as, simple does.

Powah of the people!

*hold picket*

P

Perplex

Originally posted by bigbb
threads of actual decent questions these days tend to have some ppl that think they know it all taking over and it just turns into an arguement, anyway.

at least it's mentally fucking engaging, unlike the mindless inane drivel that pours from your anus-like mouth

B

bigbb

I'm gonna duck out of this thread now, Perp's getting back in. I'm not an old enough forum'r to be able to handle this kind of pier pressure.

:uhoh:

T

Testin da Cable

heh I never said you had to change, I said you had to take action. Start meaningful discussions about stuff, help out with forum stuff, do whatever. Just don't sit on your arse moping because it won't do anything for you fs

B

bigbb

gawd you talk sense TDC. You can tell you've got a degree from the university of life :)

/me hugs daddy tdc

D

Daffeh

so i guess im not welcome here?

/me gets his coat and heads for the door

:(

B

bigbb

we are outcasts of forum society Daf, get my coat.

N

Nibbler

Can I stay? It's just that I only just sat down and my feet are killi...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom