Righty-ho.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
Coim said:
Stlong rules! If only they would be enforced. :(

We, the posters, shall enfore the rules. Our word carries more weight than that of any moderator.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I think we can enforce them. Once we have all settled on the final rules I shall put them in a thread and get Belsameth to make it all sticky with her moddy goodness.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Loxleyhood said:
The Excal-OT Forum Rules (draft)

Grammar, spelling and punctuation.
Perfect grammar, spelling and punctuation is not required within Excal-OT, however posts should use high level use of these three things. We're not some mindless dragonfang whiners.

Too bad for conch I guess

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
enforce them how?

who is loxley.. king of gondor?

no? ok then

i think bigfoot already posted some rules

Elcain

Fledgling Freddie
Newbies.
Newbies must post within Excal-OT with a certain established decorum. They are not allowed to enter head first into any sort of spamming and should not make themselves too bold in the forum. A newbie must build up membership to the forum over a period of time. Occaisionally the forum will condemn a poster to being a newbie forever.

thats not fair on me :(
any my rule should be up there !! :flame:

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
I'm offering everybody to have input here K9, even you if you want.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
k9awya said:
enforce them how?

who is loxley.. king of gondor?

no? ok then

i think bigfoot already posted some rules

Can you just try to go with the flow... Just once?

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Elcain said:
Newbies.
Newbies must post within Excal-OT with a certain established decorum. They are not allowed to enter head first into any sort of spamming and should not make themselves too bold in the forum. A newbie must build up membership to the forum over a period of time. Occaisionally the forum will condemn a poster to being a newbie forever.

thats not fair on me :(
any my rule should be up there !! :flame:

You have already spent enough time amoung us and are a likable character. You're not a full blown member yet, but you're not a newbie.

saltymcpepper

Banned
Loxleyhood said:
You have already spent enough time amoung us and are a likable character. You're not a full blown member yet, but you're not a newbie.
ill be bouncer of this club

Elcain

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:

cool !!! :bazbeer:

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Rrrrrrrrrr Salty, I'm the guy you'll have to keep trying to throw out.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
our input wont achieve anything, rules are not made by underlings

the rules are rediculous, a high level of grammar and punctuation REQUIRED? make me laugh some more please?
what are you going to do when someone who doesnt have a high level of english or someone like me who refuses to post like that on a forum come along.

ask me niceley to leave? flame me to try and make me leave?

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
We should decide a list of the people in Excal-OT who are influencial enough to govern this idea. So far I'm thinking;
Myself, Dillinja, Coim, Saltymcpepper, Adari, ST, Leoric and Sissyfoo.

Once again feedback is welcome, and of course if this idea follows through the list will change over time.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
k9awya said:
our input wont achieve anything, rules are not made by underlings

the rules are rediculous, a high level of grammar and punctuation REQUIRED? make me laugh some more please?
what are you going to do when someone who doesnt have a high level of english or someone like me who refuses to post like that on a forum come along.

ask me niceley to leave? flame me to try and make me leave?
You haven't read them very well have you.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
rebellious no, just dont see what you are trying to achieve

there is no way you can uphold these rules, no one can change the way i post

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
We are not trying to change the way you post. We are just trying to make the forum more fun, interesting etc. If we can get Belsameth to help us enforce them then we would have achieved our goal.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
impossible. two of your provisional council wouldnt ignore me for sure anyway so why would everyone else.

not that you have any influence whatsoever.. lol :/

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Everyone agreed that Barrysworld was suffering at the end, right? This will be the same. We want a decent forum, and the moderators want less spam and less flaming. These rules will go some way to acheiving these things, and if you want no part in them fine, away, we don't need you.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
newbies and people who lack grammar do not pose a threat to the wellbeing of the forum

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
Loxleyhood said:
We should decide a list of the people in Excal-OT who are influencial enough to govern this idea. So far I'm thinking;
Myself, Dillinja, Coim, Saltymcpepper, ST, Leoric and Sissyfoo.

Once again feedback is welcome, and of course if this idea follows through the list will change over time.
You need adari tbh, even if he's a twat most of the time.

Loxleyhood

Fledgling Freddie
Feel free to make your own, polite, well thought-out suggestions.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
They do if they start to fill it up with barely readable tripe.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
yes.. LESS SPAM

its only those you mention who you think have influence who spammed anyway, if you select few stop spamming without "set in stone" rules then it would be fine

we dont need grammar freaks, elitist anti newbies and spammers. its you we dont need.

ps i seem to remember my bw forum account being years older than yours, you newbies should go :/

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
k9awya said:
yes.. LESS SPAM

its only those you mention who you think have influence who spammed anyway, if you select few stop spamming without "set in stone" rules then it would be fine

we dont need grammar freaks, elitist anti newbies and spammers. its you we dont need.

ps i seem to remember my bw forum account being years older than yours, you newbies should go :/

Without us, this forum would be pretty shit tbh. No offense, but before we came, this forum was full of people spamming and acting stupider than we ever did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom