Votes: 36 35.3%
  • I haven't checked.

Votes: 41 40.2%

• Total voters

Tilda

Rightnow issues?

Please answer the poll!

If you are having problems, see here:

Firstly, you should be using your ingame log in + game password.

If this fails to work, it can be due to two problems.

Firstly, if you've changed your game password recently the RN database might have a previous password. Try logging in with your old password. If it bugs you lots, contacting a GM through the E&E system, or using the subscription at goa dot com email address asking them to synchronise it.
If you dont want to do this, using Rightnows "forgotten password" feature will get you sent the correct password.

Secondly, if you have two game accounts linked to one email address, only one of them will be able to access RN. Try logging in with the other accounts game passwords. If you can handle only 1 account having access to RN, then its fine, just use that accounts game passwords. If it bugs you, change the email of the other account to something different.

Next up; Sending a Rightnow

So, your friend fell through the floor, or your malice turned into a lootbag! What do you do?!

Go to the "support" button on the goa home page.
Click your language.
Click "Ask a question"
Select (and this is important) LIFE ON YOUR SERVER
This goes directly into the GM's Rightnow queue.

Do not choose technical unless you're having problems running daoc and your game crashes and gives you a 000101000010011110 error!
If you have an INGAME problem, you most probably want Life on your server.

Next step, writing a helpful Rightnow.
The GM's are human, they speak english, sometimes they struggle with l33t.
Write a nice polite thing like you'd write to your great auntie mildred.

Dear Sir/Madam

I play "<your character name>"
on the <server> server.

At <time>, something nasty happened(this is where you write what happened, including names, problems, zones, etc etc.)
I would appreciate it if you could <reasonable solution> (ie, move my character back to its bind stone/turn my lovley lootbag back into malice)

HINT Asking for 1000p, full toa armour and being bumped to ML10 is not reasonable and will be ignored.

Then sign off
"Kind Regards
<your name>"

Then attach any relavant screenshots (not that one of you hitting someone for 985 damage, they want the one of the player bug abusing!)
and click send.

Then you can sign out and go do something else.
Try using this method, it works, the longest I've had to wait ever has been 6 hours.

Tild

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
"No shit sherlock" comes to my mind :p

Thanx for pointing out the obvious?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Did I hear somewhere that if you request a new game password, the sync process to rigntnow should capture that ? thus avoiding hte need to pester a GM for a re-sync.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Tears said:
Did I hear somewhere that if you request a new game password, the sync process to rigntnow should capture that ? thus avoiding hte need to pester a GM for a re-sync.
No. When you request a new password, the RightNow database should update at the same time to reflect your new game password. Sometimes this doesn't happen. You could I suppose keep spamming the 'send me a new game password' function on the subs pages until they are in sync but for most people it's going to be a lot easier to either ask a GM ingame or via an E&E (all I'll need is the name and server of a character on the affected account, no need to send me your login) or send an email to the subs address asking for your account to be synchronised (they will need the account name as they have no access to game records). In either case it should be sorted very quickly.

B

Biggilus

edited as people post quicker than i can humanly think

not a grand achievement after being awake for just 10 mins tho :p

D

dajulf

Requiel said:
It's apparently not as obvious as you imagine.

perhaps you can point out what the incredibly handsome and colourfull gentleman in that post did wrong when trying to get into rightnow?

Asfar as i see it the incredibly smashingly sneaky fella did everything by the book, even asked for new passwords, and contacted subscription without getting any help.

What is it you feel isnt obvious, to the poor missunderstood gentleman?

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
dajulf said:
perhaps you can point out what the incredibly handsome and colourfull gentleman in that post did wrong when trying to get into rightnow?

Asfar as i see it the incredibly smashingly sneaky fella did everything by the book, even asked for new passwords, and contacted subscription without getting any help.

What is it you feel isnt obvious, to the poor missunderstood gentleman?

Here's your answer:
Requiel said:
When you request a new password, the RightNow database should update at the same time to reflect your new game password. Sometimes this doesn't happen.

D

dajulf

So that is what have happened to that increadibly flabbergasted individual?

It is confirmed that, that is what have happened?

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Well, other than that the only other reasons I could imagine are abuse of drugs and inabilty to type a password.

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
I have a problem with 2 accounts and have had for some time, i just gave up on even trying to bother them after previous failed attempts at communication, maybe here might work :)
I moved home last year and had to change email address, now 2 accounts still have the old email address and therefore i cannot change the passwords on either account, so i would somehow like to change my email address on 2 accounts, but i no longer have access to the old email address to be able to read and confirm the change of email address.
Also cannot activate artifact Traitors Dagger on 1 account because it was lost on server crash and wasent replaced afterwards.
I was short changed accross the accounts i hold, when they handed out compensation in plat compared to what i lost.
So as you see my view on Rightnow is much more like Muchlater :)
im sure there is much room for improvement on that side of the service, just my opinion after 4 years play as a customer.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Hello,

If you wish to change your subscription password, you have to send us first a hanwritten letter with the following informations whether via post area or by fax (see contact below):

a. Copy of the identity card
b. Copy of the last credit card bill (the last payment for DAoC has to be mentioned)
c. Last registered "profile" information (first and last name, postal and email address, both cdkeys)

Wanadoo France
Administration des Ventes Jeux (GOA)
48, rue Camille Desmoulins
92791, Issy les Moulineaux - Cedex

Fax : +33-1 58 88 68 50

PS : We have terminated the concerned account “*********” temporarily until we solve your problem.

We apologize for the delay in our reply.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Customer Support
This is what I got.

The "both CD keys" refers to the fact that I couldn't tell wich of the keys I had belonged to the game.

The termination was due to the fact that it was on autorenewal but I couldn't play it.

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
Jeriraa said:
This is what I got.

The "both CD keys" refers to the fact that I couldn't tell wich of the keys I had belonged to the game.

The termination was due to the fact that it was on autorenewal but I couldn't play it.

I got the impression, lets make things as difficult as possible and they wont bother us again, have a nice day etc :)

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Tip said:
I got the impression, lets make things as difficult as possible and they wont bother us again, have a nice day etc :)
Or maybe they are just protecting their customers? How would you like if I did a bit of social engineering, found out your name and date of birth and could get a new subscription pass for your account with that?

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
Jeriraa said:
Or maybe they are just protecting their customers? How would you like if I did a bit of social engineering, found out your name and date of birth and could get a new subscription pass for your account with that?

How many of us still actually have our original Cd keys - i know for sure i would be hard pressed to find a game box from 4 years ago ish :)

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Tip said:
How many of us still actually have our original Cd keys - i know for sure i would be hard pressed to find a game box from 4 years ago ish :)
I started playing during the beta and own 3 classic boxes, 2 ToA boxes, 1 Catacombs box and 1 online bought Catacombs and DR license each. I have ALL my keys, not at hand but I can find them if I have to.

D

dajulf

Tip said:

Also the whole "Iraqui minister" routine, Rightnow is working fine nothing to see here.

Phoebee for example, did you bother to try it now before posting?

I got the problem, i cant get into Rightnow.
I do not seem to matter how many times i request new password or email subscription@goa.com .
Either i get a reply that i should use rightnow and dont pester them on that email. Even though i very clearly state in the email that i cannot log into rightnow.

Facts:
1. i have changed password 1x times the last year
2. I have not been able to log into rightnow once during this time, except for my BB acct login data, which i seem to be able to use. So it isnt any fw or browser problem.
3. i have tried w Firefox and M$ explorer.
4. I get standard responses and get the distinct feeling noone have bothered reading the context of the pleed for help.
5. Each time i have to send a new mail a NEW question is made that is Automagically removed/deleted after 48hrs.
6. It is enough to drive any normal feeling person insane. And any not normal, normal and then insane again.
7. i have asked for E&E many times but noone answers/bothers to answer.
8. I have not seen a GM online for ages, and when i do i get no reply. last time i did i was threatened with a ban if i didnt stop messaging her. The only one i actually ever got some friendly concrete replies from is Requiel and some old GM which name i dont recall right now, think he/she quit or smt.

Gamah

Banned
cant log on on main, I have to use my bot for all rigtht now requests.

Phoebee-v-

Fledgling Freddie
dajulf said:

I thik it is like 2-3 weeks sinces I last used it about a quest issue I had on classic. Before that I would guess I am one of the most frekvent users there was on camlann during 2005. Reported serveral bugs, cheats, expliots as well as ml encounters/quests and some other strange stuff on the PvP server. Been bugging Xalin like crazy during 2005.

So to answer your question: Yes I have tryed, not today but over the last year I got like 20 reports+ w/o doubt.

My psw was change like 2.5 years ago when they had some sort of hacker if I recall right and they changed kinda many passwords over a few days. Don't know if I ever used RN before they changed the password but sure works after.

dajulf said:
Facts:
2. I have not been able to log into rightnow once during this time, except for my BB acct login data, which i seem to be able to use. So it isnt any fw or browser problem.
4. I get standard responses and get the distinct feeling noone have bothered reading the context of the pleed for help.
5. Each time i have to send a new mail a NEW question is made that is Automagically removed/deleted after 48hrs.
6. It is enough to drive any normal feeling person insane. And any not normal, normal and then insane again.
8. I have not seen a GM online for ages, and when i do i get no reply. last time i did i was threatened with a ban if i didnt stop messaging her. The only one i actually ever got some friendly concrete replies from is Requiel and some old GM which name i dont recall right now, think he/she quit or smt.

1. see above the quote.
2. Shrug not my job to find the problem but I try to answer the rest.
3. Works fine with both for me.
4. I work on a helpdesk and know that most questions is possible to do with a "standard" answer. I strongly doubt they didn't read it. I would rather say they look into and save some time and help more by using the "normal" answer. Answering over 200mails per day wasa my job for a few months. I read each and every one of them closely but maybe 25-50% was mails I actually had to write a new/a special answer for.
5. They answer the question or say that they will look into it. If you update the question within 48h the question remains open. Just write thanks or what ever and the issue stays open.
6. Have a cookie and some milk?
7. Shrug even I hang in the e&e channel and help when I got time even thou I ain't a E&E. If you read the topic they answer and get back to you as soon as they can. They are volunteer and ain't paid shit to help you. They do it cause they like the game and try to help everyone to enjoy it. State you problems with as much info as you can and they give you a good answer when they got one. I personally never had any problem with any e&e. It might have taken a hour or so before I made conntact but each time they been friendly and done what they can to help me/us. Those that are e&e should get more credit then they do.
8. Less then 2 weeks sinces I saw 1 ingmae helping a friend of mine clearing her epic journal(you can't remove them yourself) took 1 day for the report to get answer. 1 day to update with some more infor and same day they fixed it.

Tilda

dajulf said:
Facts:

I'll assume you realise now, that requesting a new password or email address was wrong.
Does your BB account use the same email as your main account, as that fucks things up?
Have you tried using your old password?
You never bothered to ask me, and if you had, i'd have helped. PM me your charachter name/server(on the account that can't use RN) and I'll get it resynced today with a bit of luck.
Gm's are frequently online, the last time I was in game (last week, sadly) there was a GM there too.
Requiel, in case you missed it, posted in this thread and is indeed still a GM.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
I have over 30 ToA keys and own 6 acc´s. No way in hell I can find my original keys again : )-

D

dajulf

Tilda said:
I'll assume you realise now, that requesting a new password or email address was wrong.

I never changed email evah. I did change passwords 1x times because i couldnt get rightnow to work.

Tilda said:
Does your BB account use the same email as your main account, as that fucks things up?
Yes it does however i get the emails with the passwords and such and i can get into subs page and game with those passwords.

Tilda said:
Have you tried using your old password?

Thats affirmative on that one, i tried the old the older then that etc. way back to the one i used when i started playing again last summer. after some time off.

Tilda said:
You never bothered to ask me, and if you had, i'd have helped. PM me your charachter name/server(on the account that can't use RN) and I'll get it resynced today with a bit of luck.

Havent seen you on mid for ages. And if you are no idea what char.

Tilda said:
Gm's are frequently online, the last time I was in game (last week, sadly) there was a GM there too.
Requiel, in case you missed it, posted in this thread and is indeed still a GM.

Saw Xalin about 1 week ago for a short duration, but was ignored. Had this quest bugged enc problem.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
dajulf said:
Also the whole "Iraqui minister" routine, Rightnow is working fine nothing to see here.

I got the problem, i cant get into Rightnow.
I do not seem to matter how many times i request new password or email subscription@goa.com .
Either i get a reply that i should use rightnow and dont pester them on that email. Even though i very clearly state in the email that i cannot log into rightnow.

Facts:

Erm RightNow does work though. We get hundreds of queries a week from people who have no problem at all with it.

to answer your points separately:
1. Requesting a new password isn't the way to sort this problem out as has alrady been explained. If you need/want a new password anyway, then fair enough.
2: So RightNow works for your other account, yet you are apparently unable to use it at all and it has never worked for you?
3: It's clearly not a browser problem as it works for your second account.
4: Synchronising passwords is a trivially simple issue that is performed routinely by the subs team. They don't need your life story, just 'I can't access RightNow with <account name>, could you synchronise my passwords for me?' will do it.
5: RightNows don't get deleted after 48 hours. If we ask you for more info, then it will be automatically set as solved after 48 hours if you don't update it so as not to clog up the system however you can still reply and update after that time. If it's set to anything other than 'waiting' or 'solved' it stays open until it's sorted out regardless of how long that is.
7: Tilda has already offered to help you here. If you don't want to deal with Tilda then PM the details to me directly.
8: I've been ingame every evening for the last couple of months (apart from a few days off here and there). Other GMs have also been online regularly on the cluster or Glastonbury. As for being asked not to message a GM, we have a lot of peoel who message us continuously for various reasons. Some have an overdeveloped cheat detection gland, some just like to talk. We never tell these people to stop contacting us unless they are being abusive or harrassing. I have no idea why you were threatened with a ban, however it wouldn't have been just for trying to get hold of a GM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom