Right Brain Vs. Left Brain

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
Buh? She spins clockwise, and yet I'd say I have more of a left sided functionality. Hmm. :/

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Posted in the main (hint to Deebs :p) Off Topic, it's pretty weird. You CAN actually make it go anti-clockwise (Stare at her feet, it turns anti) - It is pretty weird.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
But what if it starts going anti-clockwise and for love nor money I can't make her go clockwise? Staring at her feet (or the shadow of her foot, as someone else suggested) doesn't do anything. :(

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I saw anti-clockwise, very briefly but can only see clockwise now.

My girlfriend saw very briefly clockwise, but then said "wait she's changed direction, I see anti-clockwise now" - and she's adamant that it's definitely not clockwise now even though i still see it that way.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I just keep staring at her tits, but she's spinning clockwise. I guess that means my right bollock is in charge.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Mind you, i was thinking, is there a conveyor belt involved in this at all? :p

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Its an aussie site, obv it goes clockwise in the northern hemisphere and counterclockwise in the southern hemisphere.

Opt1

Fledgling Freddie
I can make it go either direction with a little thought..

Are you sure it doesn't just switch after a set time?

Nate

FH is my second home
Somehow looks a bit fake to me, she's always spinning backwards whichever way she spins..surely she'd spin forwards if she changed direction of spinz0r after spinning backwards??!?

Kryten

Old Cow.
Must admit I thought that, then opened it in a GIF editor to make sure no foul play was involved :)

Played havoc with my mind being ambidexterous :|

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Gah! Clockwise, then anti, then clockwise, seemingly at random!

I too tried to see if it was simply two gifs, but it wasnt :/

Dudley52

Part of the furniture
I can't make it go anti-clockwise. Even if i stare at the feet it goes clockwise.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Um clockwise, as viewed from above. It doesn't make sense in the other direction.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Strange. I can only see it anti-clockwise, which is left-brain, but I'm left-handed and should see it clockwise.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I was just about to say clockwise only but I've figured out how to make it go both ways.

Its just down to perception. To make it go clockwise, all I had to do was concentrate on one feature of the rotation (eg. the left foot in this case) and keep thinking "now its closer" when its pointing 'downwards' and "now its further away" when its pointed 'upwards'.

To get her to appear to spin anticlockwise, I just did the reverse; kept thinking its "further" when it was pointed 'downwards' and "closer" when it was pointed 'upwards'.

There is no spoon you see!

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Buh? She spins clockwise, and yet I'd say I have more of a left sided functionality. Hmm. :/

Me too...very odd if this simple test is to be believed...

And I am unable to change the direction no matter how hard I stare at her feet or other body parts

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Me too...very odd if this simple test is to be believed...

And I am unable to change the direction no matter how hard I stare at her feet or other body parts

Its not just staring at them, you've got to think in terms of the 3d image, what the left/right brain thing is all about is peoples tendancies to interpret an illusion like this as either clockwise or anticlockwise, because of the way that each side of the brain works.

Think about it, its not really spinning at all, its not a 3d image, but if it was, when the left foot is pointing downwards, if you think in terms of the figure facing you at that point, then after a while your mind automatically works to make the rest of the figure 'fit' with that assumtion.

The same goes if you think in terms of the figure facing you when the left foot is oriented upwards.

I cant believe that anyone is incapable of this seeing as its just down to perception, I think it does work as a test if you take into consideration people's first instinct (for me it was clockwise), but after a few minutes you should beable figure it out (especially you logical anti-clockwise people!!).

dysfunction

FH is my second home
I know all that but I can't get my mind to change the direction...I have stared at it for 10 mins and now I have a headache!!

Its just like I could also never see those 3D images in those dot pictures. You remember the ones - it was just millions of dots on a page and you had to stare at and the 3D image jumped out at you. I could never do it.

Damini

Part of the furniture
Great. Now I've thought about it too much, and both sides of my brain have curled up and died.

Started off anti-clockwise, now its clockwise, and my IQ hurts. I just can't wrap my head around it.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
shes clockwise. i made her change directions but she's still going clockwise most of the time :p
it's weird...

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
I know all that but I can't get my mind to change the direction...I have stared at it for 10 mins and now I have a headache!!

Its just like I could also never see those 3D images in those dot pictures. You remember the ones - it was just millions of dots on a page and you had to stare at and the 3D image jumped out at you. I could never do it.

Magic eyes? I love them me!

Acorn.jpg

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Ah, but how many of you managed to get her to stop? :p

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
she clockwise for me, but goes anti when i read the text opposite, as soon as i shift my attention onto her ahain she's clockwise...its wierd!

and yes, i'm seeing what everyone else does in the magic eye pic....i remember the first time i ever tried to see one of thosethings, took me WEEKS!

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Afaik, interpreting an image uses one side of your brain and text, the other.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
I saw both! I had to get a bit closer and just focus on the image to get a clockwise spin, and both times the woman looked very definitely to be moving just one way - great link ;-)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
she clockwise for me, but goes anti when i read the text opposite, as soon as i shift my attention onto her ahain she's clockwise...its wierd!

Ah brilliant that helped me to view it anticlockwise! Now it keeps going anticlockwise!

I have no control over it ffs!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom