Rewards for PvP in WoW

Jerbear

Fledgling Freddie
hey all anybody know what kinda of rewads u will get in PvP and when they will take into effect? im a X-DAoC player and that was when i was haveing teh most fun in the game when i was PvPing and getting tons of xp and realm pionts doing it. in WoW pvp is fun but u dotn get any rewards just yet. if they are putting pvp rewards in wow will it prolly take effect in the new expantion "battlegrounds" and if so anybody know when they will be releaseing this expantion in the U.S. cuase ill go all the way across teh map just to go kill some orc even knowing that there will be no rewards. but if anybody has any infomation aboput this subject plz tell :D :touch:

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Surely fun is it's own reward? Hopefully they will keep their casual-friendly approach and not give unbalancing rewards to the full time gamers amongst us. Fluff like better looking armour or weapons or even titles is the way to go.

Stekkerdoos

Fledgling Freddie
Player vs Player Honor System: Players will have access to new armor sets and weapons by increasing rank in the PvP Honor System.

Directly quoted from: http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/underdev/

They are currently working on the PvP reward called Honor. You get honor for "honorable kills" and with a certain honor level you can enter certain places where you can get special items or mounts.

Thats what I understand from what I have heard and seen so far. They were planning to implement dishonor points for dishonorable kills (there is an indication in your character windows for those too) but I understood they werent putting that in after all.

Don't really know much about the impact of PvP on your reputation.

Check the PvP articles on the official website, you see some unique looking mounts there, maybe those are honor rewards ?

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Stekkerdoos said:
Thats what I understand from what I have heard and seen so far. They were planning to implement dishonor points for dishonorable kills (there is an indication in your character windows for those too) but I understood they werent putting that in after all.

Thats a shame, though I think I can guess as to the sort of mechanical problems they had with that system. Obviously the first is defending yourself against a lower level character who attacks you and how the system does not register that as a dishonourable kill, but then there is all sorts of confusion in combat and you could inadvertently wind up killing the wrong person and getting a "dishonourable" credit. Then of course there is the problem of someone in your group making a "dishonourable" kill and how that effects your character.

Shame they couldn't implement something though, to punish those PvPers who maliciously kill lower level players for "fun."

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Sendraks said:
Shame they couldn't implement something though, to punish those PvPers who maliciously kill lower level players for "fun."

yes and there's alot of that going on too, including the 'hey look at me im l337 at macros's and can /yell in ######'s ' as i found out to my cost numerous times last night, i don't mind if its 1v1 2v2 blah blah but when its 2 or 3 v 1 and they're 7 levels higher than u and spam NOOB in ##'s thats when the dishonour system should be brought into
effect

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sendraks said:
...but then there is all sorts of confusion in combat and you could inadvertently wind up killing the wrong person and getting a "dishonourable" credit.

I understand what you mean here, but I see this as pretty unlikely to cause any long term problem to people respecting the honour system in general. For those who know Planetside I would liken this to the grief points system, where players killing people of their own faction would gradually build up points and if they got too many would find themselves unable to use their weapons until the points score decayed back down. I was always amazed at how people could be so careless as to rack up hundreds of said points and still claim it as 'accidental' since I never really got anywhere close to a serious grief point level in over a year of playing. Likewise, I would expect that people respecting this suggested system in WoW might get occasional 'dishonourable' kills by mistake, but in general be able to avoid such situations.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
I should be able to kill as many newbs as I want!

Killing lowbies is a part of the game, and a very fun part might I add. I mean come on, a PvP server is a PvP server. If you can't take the heat, you know where you can go. Losing honour for killing low levels is a crap idea, another reason why I think "casual gamers" ruin online RPGs.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
mwahahah - i was exping in a contested area, and a lowbie orc came mining ore. Poor guy didn't stand a chance :D

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
Losing honour for killing low levels is a crap idea, another reason why I think "casual gamers" ruin online RPGs.

its only a crap idea because u take great delight in twatting lower level players than you who, probably couldn't even cause any damage if they even managed to hit you ?

i bet you'd change ur mind if some higher and i mean much higher lvl enemy kept twatting you over and over

*just noticed im a reglier fweddy now* :clap:

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Doesn't work that well to do dishonor points anyhow.
There is always ways around it like letting mobs finish kills, or disabling the player in some way so that a mob can kill them (stun/root/slow/remove shields & buffs).

Sometimes I like to dot low lvl players just cause it's funny to watch them panic and run into mobs. Yes, it's wrong. Funny but wrong.

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:

Killing lowbies is a part of the game, and a very fun part might I add. I mean come on, a PvP server is a PvP server. If you can't take the heat, you know where you can go. Losing honour for killing low levels is a crap idea, another reason why I think "casual gamers" ruin online RPGs.

amen brother

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Dillinja said:
I think "casual gamers" ruin online RPGs.

Those casual gamers are the meat and drink of MMOG's. When the companies piss off those casual gamers so that they leave (*cough* Mythic *cough*) their product's days are numbered. Blizzard have squarely aimed their product at the casual user base so don't be expecting to be a RR10 L10 or whatever killing machine in this game.

Take it from me, it's so much better to be higher than level one in the real world -- sadly most power gamers are squarely stuck on that level so have to prove their epeen by killing lowbies in a game.

Sendraks

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
If you can't take the heat, you know where you can go.

Indeed, if you derive your fun from killing those unable to defend yourself, you obviously lack what it takes to play a game where only "honourable" kills are rewarded.

Its a shame they couldn't implement it. I bet you'd see an awful lot of supposedly "1337" players with appalling honour scores because their idea of fun is having it at the expense of someone elses fun.

Casual gamers don't ruin MMORPGS. "1337" players do.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Dillinja said:

you have learned well young tauren padawan

Tristessa

One of Freddy's beloved
Dillinja said:

Casual gamers kill RPGs. No offense mate but that must be the stupidest thing I've had the displeasure of reading on these forums. But you're free to do as you want. I just hope you realize that by being a ganker all you prove is that you cant kill anything else. And as you say, this is an RPG, not a first-person, deathmatch arena or whatever game. Im just confident since Blizzard has alot more experience than Mythic, that they wont destroy WoW, making it a game geared only for *insert random curse-word*.

anattic

Fledgling Freddie
Turamber said:
Those casual gamers are the meat and drink of MMOG's. When the companies piss off those casual gamers so that they leave (*cough* Mythic *cough*) their product's days are numbered.
Well said! From Blizzard's perspective, the casual gamer pays the same as the '1337'-er player and uses far less server/network/support bandwidth.

Now if they changed to a metered charging-model (say £2/character/online-day)... ;)

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
I was always amazed at how people could be so careless as to rack up hundreds of said points and still claim it as 'accidental' since I never really got anywhere close to a serious grief point level in over a year of playing.

you'd be amazed how many grief points you could with a thumper with plasma grenades when taking a VS tower while the Lasher was a 'tiny' little bit overpowered ;)

drown them in plasma -> you take the tower, but inevitable get grief from those storming through, or a grenade bouncing the wrong way.

no surpression -> Lasher zerg storms out and kills everyone.

doubt it was any different the Pounder Max' pilots, either defend that position and gain grief, or bother about grief and loose the base/tower.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Dillinja said:

I would i laughed at your stupidity if i was not at work.....

A: why should people who cannot play as much be penalised for not playing a lot EG: why should i be penalised for having a job and a fiancée that are far more important than a game and take up time.

B: Casual gamers keep the games alive with there subs fees as said above

C: Do you REALLY enjoy killing people who have no chance of killing you? are you THAT sad?

D: The honour system is probably one of the better ideas for a pvp game, it discourages griefers from ganking newbs ;)

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
kill them

then spam the pretty /spit macro

guaranteed to piss them off :D

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
lmao.
i agree with all the people who say taht killing people below ur lvl is pathetic. cos it really is
My best time in WoW so far. tho... lvl 40 undead mage riding along in stranglethorn vale spots a piddly lvl 36 priest (me) jumps off his mount.
and quite simply. i got him down to about 100hps before he blinked out of range and ran from me.... seriously he started on me and ended by him running from me and i was 4 lvls below him. now he is 1 of the most pathetic.
betterd only by the lvl 49 mage with lvl 40 priest and warlock who camped up the hunters camp in stranglethorn killing any -40s who came untill we got fed up and 10of us 34-38 zerged them and camped their bodies over and over for about 30mins till they ran away.
now thats just sooo sad.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
4 levels isn't much. And you are a priest. A fight going against you hardly makes you pathetic when the levels are quite close. You seem more pathetic for drawing attention to it TBH.

And gunz - you suck. :(

Lakashnik

Fledgling Freddie
lol danya. 4 lvls can make a big diference. it makes them resist u alot more to. dont know why but because they are higher lvl maybe they get higher resists that u dont see or someting.
and im drawing attention to the fact most people who go for lower lvls are idiots who quite often cant play well. that mage should have owned me.
and priests arent that hard to beat. we can take dmg and heal sure but our dmg spells arent as effective as others. a mage my own lvl can counterspell me and outdmg me an my heals easily.

Poon

One of Freddy's beloved
Priests are certainly not the most easy things for a mage to kill, with just 4 lvls diff it can go either way

Garnet

Fledgling Freddie
Danya said:
4 levels isn't much. And you are a priest. A fight going against you hardly makes you pathetic when the levels are quite close. You seem more pathetic for drawing attention to it TBH.

And gunz - you suck. :(

FU! Gunz Rocks! <3

Acercerak

Fledgling Freddie
Sendraks said:

They could use the system that Mourning is going to use. People who constantly keep on ganking lowbies get several warnings (npc's that won't talk to them anymore, then npc,'s attacking them on sight. Each step is a little bit more drastical.And if they still don't learn, well then they get a permanent character death. And the last step is...temporary or even permanent account ban).
Using this system, I can already tell there won't be much ganking in Mourning. A system like this. It could prove useful for WoW too

Acercerak

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:

While I do agree that people who play on a PvP server should know what they're getting into, I fail to understand why killinglowbies is a "fun" part of the game. I mean, you're whacking on players who can't defend themselves against you. To me, that seems a bit the same as beating a child. It's vicious, useless, sad and should be punished.
Also, I don't understand why casual gamers ruin the fun of online rpgs. After all, the important part of an MMorpg is for people to have fun, isn't it? And I don't see why casual gamers shouldn't be able to have fun if they're interested in playing a MMORPG.

Stoneface

Fledgling Freddie
Dillinja said:
Losing honour for killing low levels is a crap idea, another reason why I think "casual gamers" ruin online RPGs.

Now lets see, I have a life, i have friends, I like to play games aswell. So why would your lack of the above stated things effect my playing time? If you cant play in a world of other players - go back to tetris.

Acercerak

Fledgling Freddie
Well, no matter what MMorpg we play, there will always be gankers, griefers and other idiots. Best that can be done about them is ignore them. Even if they kill you a few times, if they enjoy it, that's fine for them...They'll just find themselves priority PVP targets once their prior victims hit level 60 too. :D

Gat_Decor

Fledgling Freddie
Acercerak said:
They'll just find themselves priority PVP targets once their prior victims hit level 60 too. :D

shitlist is already started ;)

Pinp

Banned
Higher level zones have a wide level range of quests and you often need to pass through them to get to other places, what is the point in them being contested "PvP" zones if you can't kill anyone? If i'm passing through Tanaris on the way to Un'Goro crater I should be able to kill anyone on the way regardless of level and I often see Alliance atacking Horde, so helping my fellow Horde players I would get dishonour? right.... it's not a case of going to low level zones just to grief low level players but you should be able to kill anyone in the zone you're currently questing in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom