Review your 2011

Everz

FH is my second home
So the year is drawing in and as such.. review your 2011.

Mine has been the best year of my life without a doubt, done and experienced more things then I ever thought I would.

- Mine and gf's first holiday without our 'rents
- 3 months traveling across America, something I wanted to do for years.
- Quality Wolves match to see us stay up on the last day.. an absolute rollercoaster from start to end it was.
- Got a proper 9-5 job 5 weekday job.
- And in the last few weeks booked Lanzarote for my 21st and Ibiza in the summer. Mental

10/10. Mint.

MrHorus

Can't get enough of FH
Started the year unemployed and ended it with a job.
Saw a band that I've wanted to see for years and proposed to the missus at the gig.
Got engaged (see above).
Started really pulling the finger out financially to start saving for a house.

All in all a fucking top year :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Japanese Tsunami, phonehacking, NZ earthquake, royal wedding, death of Osama bin Laden, August riots....quite a year for news, Euro debt-crisis, Arab spring, massacre in Norway, Amy Winehouse, Steve Jobs, etc

This year has flown by

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
A relatively mundane year in which not an awful lot has changed.

eksdee

FH is my second home
- Celebrated 6 years together with my girlfriend by moving in together.
- Got a new job with a £4k payrise doing something I absolutely love and in a place which I enjoy working in.

Amongst other things, a great year.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Was that at the Telegraph? I don't remember you ever telling everyone how that interview went...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It's not over yet, hoping next seven days saves whole year.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Really good year, without anything much bad happening.

In a good position both personally and business wise to have a very good 2012.

Can't wait, lifes good (y)

eksdee

FH is my second home
Was that at the Telegraph? I don't remember you ever telling everyone how that interview went...

Derp, how rude of me sorry, sadly I didn't get that job no (which is probably why I forgot to update that thread :p). Ended up working for Mobile News - http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk / http://www.mobilenewsawards.co.uk - which actually turned out for the better. Telegraph was slightly more money but a much busier location, a lot higher expectations/stress and just generally a less desirable job in retrospect.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Dramatic. Covering: Near death and the fittest I've ever been in my life - in a period of 8 months. So, 7/10.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Moved out of the house I part own (she was a girlfriend but became a flat mate when we decided we were not in love or lust) can't sell it as we are in Negative Equity. So back with the parents for another year paying for part of a house I don't want.

Got loads more on my plate at work yet I have been told that despite waiting 2 years for a pay review that its just not the right time. Yet they refuse to give me a time scale on when will be the right time.

I am sure some good stuff has happened this year but I am negative today for 4/10

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
New job - really enjoying it so far; and as of six days ago, new son. We've only had him home for a day and I've come to realise the combination of newborn, missus with a caesarian who can't lift anything, and an 18 month old toddler is surreally tiring. I think I'll be dead by the end of the week.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I bought a house and moved in to it. I passed my first year of school with a cum-laude (not you, Wazz) score (you can do that in NL, scoring 80% or above. in reality it's nice but means fa really), and got on with the second year. I rode the mountain bike a few times. I talked my bosses in to letting me switch jobs and expect good returns on that. I bought an Alfa Romeo GT and a sweet dinner table with chairs I designed myself. I drank lots of drink and ate lots of food. That's all the me stuff.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Alexandra was born just after 2011 started so my year has mostly been adapting to having two kids rather than one :)

Oh yeh, I got made redundant (not that I minded) had summer off with the kids, bought a car with the redundancy money, and started life as a contractor.

Not too bad. Tiring now, and it's made the Mrs even more bonkers than usual, but carrying on.

Everz

FH is my second home
Congratz. On the kid front starting to realise how pretty cool they am, gfs niece has grown up alot in the year and she a damn playful little thing.. great laugh to have around and recognises me by my accent.. get all hyped up when im round :p. It's ace, can see the joy in kids now heh.

Sar

Part of the furniture
Dad died, lost a child, and have just been under massive stress most of the year. Oh and George Osbourne tried to steal what little money I have atm.

0/10. Worst ever fucking year of my life, without a shadow of a doubt. Sooner it's over the better.

Mey

Part of the furniture
Lived in three different houses, worked in three different cities, travelled to four different countries.

gmloki

Part of the furniture
An absolute shit tough year. Worked like an absolute dog for the most part

* Old Man passed away despite me not speaking to him for a good four years or so.
* By the end of the year, was exhausted. 12 hours a day for pretty much six days a week took the shine off the job that I loved.
* Being too eager to say 'Yes' to people at work meant I didn't hit target and missed commission - Standard of living took a twattin
* Sister in Law in Hospital just before Xmas to mend a 'Broken Back' 5 hour operation took 9 hours

But a lot of this shit is under my control. Corny as it sounds, the past few days have really allowed me to take a step back. I have been able to sit down and 'just play with the kids' without feeling guilty. I know xmas can be a cunt of a time but this year I have been truly thankful as I think that 2011 has been pretty much crap, 2012 is going to be a very very good year

ileks

Part of the furniture
fucking wickid man

I honestly thought this was comedy gold when I was pissed up and posted it.

Overall a fairly decent year. Got good grades in the summer so was able to switch to a 4 year masters. Biggest regret is not doing anything productive in the summer that would help me get a job. Bit of a shit christmas because my dad has been in hospital all week but he should be OK.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Dad died, lost a child, and have just been under massive stress most of the year. Oh and George Osbourne tried to steal what little money I have atm.

0/10. Worst ever fucking year of my life, without a shadow of a doubt. Sooner it's over the better.

Jesus. :(

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.

Whatever drivel i meant to post, it has been rendered irrelevant. Sorry for your losses mate.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ul Sar m8. Here's hoping 2012 shapes up for you.

Mine was shite. Just like the other 37. But I think it's me that's the problem tbfh. :(

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Chin up mate. :(

I kinda know what you're going through as my daughter was stillborn not long after my brother was killed a few years back. You don't feel like you'll ever be right again.

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Got cancer. 7 operations, 33 radiation sessions and 5 chemo treatments made a big dent but didn't cure.
Am accepted in to an experimental immune system treatment which will start soon, so bring on 2012...
Learned much about myself and the meaning of true friends and family
Overall for 2011 : 3/10

russell

FH is my second home
Bloody hell.
The shit people have to deal with.. cancer and the loss of a child or parent.
Jesus Christ -how do you move on from that?
Sar, I cant imagine the pain and wish you strength x
Cyradix -I hope you get as well as you can in 2012.
My year has not been great, but I am glad everyday for my kids, the roof over my head, a job and my marriage.
PS>Isnt the world supposed to end again in 2012?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom