Return to Logitech Setpoint Mountain

throdgrain

FH is my second home
For for other reason than to annoy myself, I decided to reinstall my Setpoint drivers for my G3 mouse.

There is a some improvement with the new drivers. When I turn off a game the software no longer uses one core of my CPU, which is a GOOD THING.

However, I've set my mouse speed for desktop/browsing etc quite slow, which is fine, until I play a game, then return to windows, and find the mouse speed hasnt returned. I have to go back to the control panel and click apply again, which is a pain in the arse.

Anyone have any experience of this, or any ideas ?

Cheers :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I currently use Setpoint 4.7.2 x64 without any of the problems you experience. Within the options I have set the "use setpoint for acceleration" or whatever it is called, not the OS.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Not as yet but I'll let you know. Wrote to logitech 2 months ago to say that I was experiencing 5 clones of each device for my cordless desktop set (mx1000 mouse, dell keyboard) - 5 HID keyboards, 5 mice, 4 bluetooth enumerators, 5 "hid compliant devices" and was obviously not good. Finally got a link to updated setpoint x64 (4.7.2.13) which hasn't actually helped, but need to get around to plugging in my wired stuff just to test and start from scratch :| Will let you know when I investigate further.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Wierd no one else gets this.

To describe, I everything desktop-wise works fine, until I play a game. When I play a game its fine by the way, but the speed of the cursor for a in game menu is very fast, but then the aim in-game is fine.

The I close the game, and the cursor speed is the same as it was on the ingame menu, ie stupidly fast. :( I have to reset it each time.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I read about creating another user account and seeing then if it saved the settings to that new account, I done this and it does indeed keep the settings after logging on and off, but its not the best solution as all the programs/icons and quicklaunch are not there on my desktop like they are on my other admin account. This is what the article I read said,

You could also add a new Admin account, and try and save the settings on that 1 and see if it sticks, if it does you know its a local policy preventing you from making changes to some settings, such as your mouse one.

About the best answer I could find luv.

Kryten

Old Cow.
No such joy with the issue I mentioned earlier, and none better than what's been said already about yours :/

Just hooked up my wired kit to try and sort it out, and have been left with the following in Device manager:

1. Bluetooth wireless hub
2. 2 x - oh holy hell, fuck typing that out. Here's a pic:

logitechell.jpg

Says it all :/ That's ALL logitech stuff from 1. wireless hub running a keyboard and mouse. Thats it.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Thanks for looking pal, but I've given up again :(

Windows mouse stuff for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom