Return of the King: NO-SPOILERS

S

sad_mung

Originally posted by Cdr
Too expensive :(

You can have your chuckle back.
I can't have it back, it's soiled goods.
Hmm, these sad_mungs aren't shifting. I think I'll have to give 'em to the orphans for christmas.

S

sad_mung

Well I had just stepped out of the shower, and what were you doing staring in the window anyway?

:)

W

Wij

Was quite good :)

Disappointed that they forgot to make Merry and Pippin bigger than all the other hobbits.

That's not really a spoiler btw.

C

Ch3tan

Very good, I was in awe of the effects and direction. Even more so than the previous two films this managed to totally suspend my disbelief in the face of some ridiculous action scenes. A very good end to an amazing trilogy, but then I don't think that was ever in doubt.

By the amount thats missing (book wise) this should make for a very long extended DVD.

Didnt have the break in the middle, I'm glad because I do enjoy watching a film without interruptions, but it was very long.

M

Moving Target

I couldn't stand it, and was rather looking foward to the end. It just dragged out and dragged out, I even found the battle scenes dull. Just way too long, especially with all the false endings leading you to think "IT'S THE END OF THE MOVIE YES!" but then just faded back in. It had all been seen in the previous two movies, especially with the battle scenes which were just the same as the Two Towers, except with MORE PEOPLE OMG. I ended up hating Frodo and Sam, because they were so exhausted. "SAM, I CAN'T MAKE IT!"..."I'LL CARRY YOU IF I HAVE TO!!" ad infinitum.

Totally boring, waste of my time.

T

Tenko

Moving Target...

Move faster, because if you thought that film was boring then you're setting yourself up to have the piss taken out of you!

:)

And to those who thought it was too long or couldn't stay awake, SHEESH!

It was not even 4 hours long! Are your attention spans that short?!

Personally the time flew by, and as every review mentioned it had a long denoument with multiple endings I didnt find that surprising, though admitedly I wouldnt of faded to black between each one.

Way too long?

:twak:

S

Scouse

Enjoyed it. Nuff said.

However, reading through this post (which I completely avoided even with the No-Spoilers tag) would have pissed me off before seeing the film.

Having said that - if anyone had told me they had liked/disliked it that'd be enough to piss me off - I like to go into films completely unbiased :)

S

SilverHood

It totally rocks!!1

Shame the ending was ruined by me needing a piss badly, so didn't find it all that exciting....

and man, those loo's at Waterloo station.... good thing I had 20 pence in my pocket, or I'd pissed on the wall!

P

pcg79

i thought it was quite good

but what the fuck! the cinema didnt have any working toilets !

A

adams901

The ending was far to long, hard to say anything more without spoilers so I will just say the last 10 mins see half the cinema get up and walk out (probably through boredom), and the other half just sat there laughing and groaning at how long things were dragging out for.

An Excellent film with a shitty long drawn out boring 10 mins at the end.

D

Damini

Lies! It was all spankingly superb. No people leaving (other than those urgently needing a piss).

T

Tenko

I agree Dam, thats a load of Bullshit!

I just watched the film again and like the other films it gets better every time you see it.

No-one walked out the first time, no-one walked out the second time.

No-one laughed or groaned either and I was at one of the biggest screens in europe.

Shit ending? :rolleyes:

W

Wij

Plenty of ppl laughed at Huddersfield. Gimli gets all the crap jokes :)

S

SilverHood

People clapped when legolas did his slidey stunt thingie

And when *******

And when the film was over too

I mean??? clapping??

Must be the london crowd, cos they don't clap where I usually go to the cinema :)

A

adams901

Originally posted by Tenko
I agree Dam, thats a load of Bullshit!

I just watched the film again and like the other films it gets better every time you see it.

No-one walked out the first time, no-one walked out the second time.

No-one laughed or groaned either and I was at one of the biggest screens in europe.

Shit ending? :rolleyes:
OoOoO goodie for you, you were in one of Europe's biggest screens I am impressed, no one walked out or groaned?, well I guess that must mean it didn't happen in the cinema I was in, or the cinema my mate went to see it in either. Just to clarify, you are in what position to say I'm talking bullshit?. Why would I make something up like that?, I have nothing to gain from it and as I already mentioned, it was an excellent film right up until the last 10 mins (the last 10 minutes being the period people started growing restless and walking out), I have seen it twice myself and will be buying it on DVD.

So, yes people did get up and leave the cinema, and yes people did start groaning, but this was only during the last 10 mins. Just because it didn't happen at your "one of the biggest screens in Europe" it doesn't mean it isn't happening anywhere else.

There was clapping in certain scenes at the cinema I was in as well, specially the scene when leglos did his sliding.

Spoiler (sorry).

The last 10 mins being when we see the ******* everything to follow that scene, in my opinion they should have ended it after ******.

C

Ch3tan

Can someone moderate this thread please? Its got a great stinking spolier tag in the title which people seem to be blind to. yes silverhood and adams, that means you.

K

kameleon

Oh come on , its not like everyone hasn't read the book already. I've been waiting for a decent film version to come out since I first read it over twenty years ago. Now i'm just going to wait until rotk comes out on DVD and then I'll watch all three at once. in the comfort of my own home, where i can go for a pee, smoke a cigarrette or make a cup of tea at MY convenience.

T

Tenko

What I was suggesting adams was that if I saw it with a VERY large crowd and no-one groaned or walked out twice then when you say HALF the audience walked out and the other HALF groaned and laughed you were (shall I be charitable?) exagerating.

Yeah I believe you if you say some people did, certainly many critics, though no where near the majority, would agree that they didn't like the ending. But in your review you said EVERYONE didn't like how it ended.

Is that what you really meant?

Take a pop if you think its unfair to say that I believe that wasn't the case, no matter what you said in your original post.

M

Meatballs

If you goto a screening with about 10-15 people in a small cinema its quite feasable to have half or more people walk out on a film.

In a large cinema, you feel like you should stay, you dont want to interrupt everyone by making them stand etc, but if theres hardly anyone there you can easily slip out.

S

Sar

Saw it yesterday.

Superb. Better than TTT, which was the weakest of the three imo.

And it didn't drag on at all - it ended exactly where it should've done, IE Where it ended in the book.

And people said the first 40 mins dragged - bollocks they did.

3½ hours?

Seemed more like 1½ to me while I was sitting watching it - after a few scenes had gone by I looked at my watch - over an hour had passed already.

Brilliant stuff.

A

adams901

heh, ok it was a slight exaggeration, but there were quite a few that did get up in the last 10 mins, and I a lot of restless people were heard during said period.

I'm guessing those that dont want spoilers have never read the books.

F

Furr

Sir Ian McKellen said last night on the jonathan ross program that there was a good possibility of them making the hobbit next!!!

But would it be the same? no aragon, arwen, frodo, sam, legolas, gimli, sauron, saruman etc etc

O

old.tRoG

I'd imagine The Hobbit (film) would have to last quite long... there's a lot of stuff in that there book.

Big bear men, giant eagles, dragonses, huge battle scenes, 'undreds of anklebiters... Oooooh, I'm all excited.

D

dysfunction

Originally posted by Furr
Sir Ian McKellen said last night on the jonathan ross program that there was a good possibility of them making the hobbit next!!!

But would it be the same? no aragon, arwen, frodo, sam, legolas, gimli, sauron, saruman etc etc

It would be a superb film!!

The Hobbit is a great book and if they use the same budget as they have done on The Lord of the Rings it will be superb!

There are a lot of great characters.
You still have Gollum, You have 3 giants, A huge Dragon...

I hope he wasnt telling a lie!!

Users who are viewing this thread