Retard.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Stupid post really. Why even point out retard? There's millions of expressions that are far worse than a retard. And what do you think you'll accomplish? This is our community today, live with it, unless you have enough powerful statements to change a whole nation or something.

Pointless thread..

elisera

Fledgling Freddie
I don't really agree or disagree wih the thread starter because, yes, if taken in that context it is offensive but likewise so are many other things if put in a certain context.

But tbh when the word retarded can be used in the music industry without people jumping all over it I don't think you have a leg to stand on to make people stop saying it on a game.

E

Eruptix

this:
enkor said:
being "stupid" or "an idiot" is not a lifestyle choice either, guess i should just never call anyone anything and we can have a nice and fluffy world.
and that:
DocWolfe said:
Retard is just another way of calling someone stupid? Whats the big fucking deal.

Sticks and stones... come on its only an internet forum move on. You may as well say calling someone stupid is horribly cruel and harsh because they have an iq lower than average and its their way of life, think of the torment they must endure because they are forced to work only the simplest manual labour jobs, oh god.

All insults are offensive, an thats the idea, same as calling someone a fag. If anyone actually listens to this post and agrees with it then they must never insult anyone ever again. Because, oh jees, insults are offensive to particular groups of people!?! But hold on thats the idea! I was using the word retard at the age of 8 on the playground, its not something just picked up on the forums.

You associate the word "retard" with mental retardedness, thats not the words actual meaning.

agreed 100%

insults arent nice..its not the idea of the insults aswell
oh and if you got offended on a forum,irc channel,or something else on the internet: grow a thicker skin,realize that words cant harm you,realize its all about a fucking game,and know that the people insulting you over the internet is probably a lower lifeform himself..

ohnoez i got insulted on the internet...:eek7:
stop caring and grow a thicker skin :/

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Bubble said:
at least asshat isn't common here, i hate americans :(
that's bizarre - about three hours ago i was sent in an email:

Yeah, then i thought i might bust down their door but he's wierd and i kinda half expected him to be sat there eating her skin, wearing her arse as a hat or something...

I'll not elaborate on the details - i'll let you all make up your own scenario in your heads :)

OT though - i did write the first post in haste, and i was pissed off at the time. I see that theres a lot of muck chucked around in this place, but this one is fotm (as stated by someone else too) and it's appearing in every second post. I can ignore most of the petty name calling that goes on, but it's something i have a bug up my arse about - as im sure others do, as im sure people would if any of the other insults i put up there became fotm.

Im bored, the air-con's on the blink at work, i'm too hot and im going home... :m00:

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
tbh in the end of the day its a game if you get called a retard and take offence to it from a game well that is kind of silly. Yes some things do hurt what people say maybe they say stuff about your family or a member who you have lost but they dont know any better.

Most people and your self know this, makeing a thread like this wont change things sorry but its life

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
The insults in this place just make those using them every other post look like the average 8 year old finding a new, forbidden word, and desperately using them.

One day they'll learn to post as if they were actually their current age - maybe.

Never have understood the need to try to be offensive online. I dare say various psycologists will make a living from the research papers, though.

Darzil

Gamah

Banned
Thanks for your whine rediknight. Please don't let the caredoor hit you on the way out :(

Jjuraa

Banned
what a poor attempt at a rep harvest thread. just pipe down rediknight, unless youre the kind of bitter person who writes in to tv shows that use the word "crap", i honestly cant see why this is such an issue :| people will use whatever language they like, psychology dropouts like marc will try and rationalise it, and old people will complain about it :clap: way of the world

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
well, they are usually saying that to someone to insult someone.

would it be 'handy' for me to call belomar a 'splendid one to behold'(orsmt its a fh title:p) right after he kicked me in the nuts? no..

Zede

Part of the furniture
if anyone is a retard, its rediknight.

go join the bloody samaritans, or some evangelical church

your the sort of retard that wants to change "ba ba black sheep" to "ba ba multi-coloured sheep" i bet.

for fucks sake, you have quoted bill hicks in your sig enough - if he saw the shit you write here he would turn in his grave.

oh and thanks for justifiying my insults to you, your somewhat strange true colours have manifested :)

funny.....first time i have ever used the word is oh....in this post !

Dorimor1

Banned
I think the word retard is a perfectly legible word and effective insult. If you can't take it then don't visit forums populated by retards.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Ryuno said:
I don't agree with the trend of calling people "retards", however i must add:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showpost.php?p=2752964&postcount=40

Thats just as offensive to some people, as the word retard. Also calling someone an "adder" is actually far far worse on these forums.

Though I should add that personally I couldn't give a rats arse (sorry i just offended rat lovers) what people call me, it doesn't bother me. :)

you choose to be a thoughtless wanker ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Not Dorimor1 said:
I think the word ****** is a perfectly legible word and effective insult. If you can't take it then don't visit forums populated by ******s.

^^ is the above an acceptable comment?

Apparently not :p FH censored it out for me ;) (replace the ***s with a somewhat unpopular term for someone of african-american origin)

wonder if I can get deebs to censor out retard.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
hrm I've just thought of a good new insult for the fotm to be...

Stop being such a Bubble!

or possibly

Lol, Dorimor1s!

Wild

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:

or possibly

Lol, Dorimor1s!

i think you just crossed the line tbh .. can another mod delete the above post .. kids might read this !

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Wild said:
i think you just crossed the line tbh .. can another mod delete the above post .. kids might read this !

don't be so Wild

pez

Can't get enough of FH
Flimgoblin said:
^^ is the above an acceptable comment?

Apparently not :p FH censored it out for me ;) (replace the ***s with a somewhat unpopular term for someone of african-american origin)

wonder if I can get deebs to censor out retard.

he never said it was acceptable, he said it was legible, and assuming you're not using some screwed up font then i expect he was right

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
You say 99% dont choose to be retarded.That mean 1% do? Oo And if so why? are there some benefits? :p

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
Well the difference here as i see it, is that actual "retards", i.e. mentally handicapped people, can't and won't defend themselves - making them an easy target of an insult for people to use without having to worry about someone biting back. People who use the word as an insult may not think of its real implication, but those of us with handicapped relatives do - and it's something we've sadly gotten used to over the years.

I wouldn't expect the kids to stop using the word as they don't know better, but the older the person is, the sadder it makes me. Usually i try to write it down as innocent ignorance - as most people wouldn't know what it's like to love and respect someone who is "retarded".

Now feel free to insult me - i can defend myself.

K

Karath

I agree, but you should look at the other insults in your own post.

Its all the same.

Though people should stop throwing insults about in general so lightly.

---

Aditional:

Just noticed that in the similar threads there are such alustrious titles such as "The retard with 2 braincells" and "Steveh biggest retard in eastern europe"... all in the RvR section. humm....

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Bubble said:
at least asshat isn't common here, i hate americans :(

Don't make me come and assjam you irl Bubble, i'll be in Portsmouth come October!.

Asshat rox :(

Also, I'm Flimgoblin!

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:

or possibly

Lol, Dorimor1s!

OMG U SAID THE B WORD!!!

Zaffa

Can't get enough of FH
hehe building a friendlier daoc? just look at all the anger in this thread
it aint ever gonna happen :D

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
We could take a much tougher stance on this if we chose to, and basically I agree with Redi and think it was a solid post, but we try to live and let live as much as we can. People around the DAOC forum need to show a bit more respect for each other generally because right now you look like a bunch of l33t kids winding each other up.

Watch out for my permaban stick - fuck me off and it's heading your way.

Himse

FH is my second home
Jupitus said:
We could take a much tougher stance on this if we chose to, and basically I agree with Redi and think it was a solid post, but we try to live and let live as much as we can. People around the DAOC forum need to show a bit more respect for each other generally because right now you look like a bunch of l33t kids winding each other up.

Watch out for my permaban stick - fuck me off and it's heading your way.

Strong mod :<

Does it have to be a stick? Cant it be like a permaban pony that they can ride off into the sunset and leave us behind?

Banstick is so harsh :<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom