Retard.

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Cancer victim.

Aids riddled.

die, irl

Anyone cool with them three up there to be used for name calling? How about queer or maybe n*gger?

Yeah, thought not - so why is calling all and sundry a "Retard" such a massive fashion here now?

For all you kids who read this and use Retarded as an insult, please learn now what you're talking about and maybe consider what you're saying before you chuck insults like that about and maybe the repercussions of using such names.

For the adults, you should all know better.

Being retarded isn't a lifestyle choice. It's not a fashionable way of walking, or a tasty new european style of talking - it's a DISABILITY. It's a physical or mental problem that means a person is unable to live without massive penalties, a carer/helper, or in some cases without machinery to keep them alive.

99% of "retards" didn't choose to be the way they are, didn't choose to spend their lives in a state of constant pain/confusion/reliance on others, just like cancer sufferers, yet i don't see it being socially acceptable to use that as an insult, right?

No. Bigotry is for small minded idiots who haven't the mental capacity to understand why what they say causes offence. Maybe next time you type it you'll wonder if perhaps calling someone that makes you infact, to some extent, "retarded" as well.

Sorry for the harshness, im just sick of the "big man" attitude and the casual way people use it as an insult.

Sort yourselves out people - join the real world for five minutes and get some perspective...

(mods, please feel free to edit this to avoid any obvious insults - i typed it in a huff and im now going for a fag break)

Dorimor1

Banned
I don't like retarded people who make retarded posts, you some kind of retard or something?

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
I don't agree with the trend of calling people "retards", however i must add:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showpost.php?p=2752964&postcount=40
Rediknight said:
Go look the word retard up, then sit back and consider what you're calling people, then come back here and explain why it is fine for you to go around calling someone that. Think before you speak, you f*ckin thoughtless wanker

Thats just as offensive to some people, as the word retard. Also calling someone an "adder" is actually far far worse on these forums.

Though I should add that personally I couldn't give a rats arse (sorry i just offended rat lovers) what people call me, it doesn't bother me. :)

Rellik

Fledgling Freddie
Dorimor1 said:
I don't like retarded people who make retarded posts, you some kind of retard or something?

Thats just not funny :(

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
Rediknight said:
See [thread=191987]top[/thread]
I wholeheartly agree with you, and I would've repped if Freddy's would allow me but I gotta spread around more...

And to the fuckers with the smartass replies:
Get a life..

enkor

Can't get enough of FH
being "stupid" or "an idiot" is not a lifestyle choice either, guess i should just never call anyone anything and we can have a nice and fluffy world.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Ingafgrinn Macabre said:
I wholeheartly agree with you, and I would've repped if Freddy's would allow me but I gotta spread around more...

And to the fuckers with the smartass replies:
Get a life..

Get a life?
Thought a lifeform was required to post here anyways :<

B

Benedictine

well this being a computer game alot of kids play - and as we all know kids are THE cruellest form of life known to man.

Doesn't make it right but sadly most don't know any better - poor parenting imo

Marc

FH is my second home
Some myg0t kiddie uses the word retard.
Some irc prick copies this
The rest of the leet wannabes copy it because they think its "cool".

See also hi2u, random, fucktard, zomg.

Its just a case of monkey see, monkey do.

P

Pretarded

So basicly, its okay to call u a fucktard, but its not okay to call u retarded? k.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
I agree with ya Redi but I think the problem is simply there is not enough love in FH and DAOC .... name calling is always gonna go on and its hard where to draw a line at whats offensive and whats not. Retard is the fotm word atm but will blow over like all the others, prob lot better in some respects not to even shine any light on the issue - just let it die in the dark tbh. And as half the replies here show - you are never gonna get the point across to the kids anyway.

Marc

FH is my second home
Pretarded just proved my point. What the fuck is a fucktard anyway Pretarded? Whats that? You dont know? You just heard someone else say it so thought youd copy it because you dont have the charisma to think up something original by yourself?

Chronictank

FH is my second home
evzy said:
I agree with ya Redi but I think the problem is simply there is not enough love in FH and DAOC .... name calling is always gonna go on and its hard where to draw a line at whats offensive and whats not. Retard is the fotm word atm but will blow over like all the others, prob lot better in some respects not to even shine any light on the issue - just let it die in the dark tbh. And as half the replies here show - you are never gonna get the point across to the kids anyway.
doesnt help he put it across like he was a "kid" himself tho did it, the "if i insult everyone enough they will listen to me", approach very obviously doesnt work

P

Pretarded

How the hell do i know what it means? I just copied it from your previous post xD

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Everytime we ban one way for kiddies to throw mud, some idiot will think of another, and still not bother to think of how it makes people feel afterwards, after all, this may just be a game but many attacks on here lower to a more personal level, and the word retard is one I think makes it just that.

Still, the next generation will make them feel small in the same ways in about 10 years too, and perhaps they will reflect and think to themselves "Why was I such a twat?" Some however go through life like it, and normally end up in prison or Eastbourne.

Krait

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
Some myg0t kiddie uses the word retard.
Some irc prick copies this
The rest of the leet wannabes copy it because they think its "cool".

See also hi2u, random, fucktard, zomg.

Its just a case of monkey see, monkey do.

Yes and then the inevitable chimps came a-posting. :/

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Retard is just another way of calling someone stupid? Whats the big fucking deal.

Sticks and stones... come on its only an internet forum move on. You may as well say calling someone stupid is horribly cruel and harsh because they have an iq lower than average and its their way of life, think of the torment they must endure because they are forced to work only the simplest manual labour jobs, oh god.

All insults are offensive, an thats the idea, same as calling someone a fag. If anyone actually listens to this post and agrees with it then they must never insult anyone ever again. Because, oh jees, insults are offensive to particular groups of people!?! But hold on thats the idea! I was using the word retard at the age of 8 on the playground, its not something just picked up on the forums.

You associate the word "retard" with mental retardedness, thats not the words actual meaning.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
DocWolfe said:
Retard is just another way of calling blah blah blah blah im a twat fucktard bellend from chavtown blah blah
Only kidding, +repped and well said Doc.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Suggest some other insults you consider acceptable then.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Maeloch said:
Suggest some other insults you consider acceptable then.

Suggest why anyone who disagrees with someone needs to be insulted ?

Seems like most insults in this forum is people saying "Look at me, aren't I clever, I can insult people, listen to me!".

Darzil

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Pole Smoker I think I may use more often in future as an insult, heard it on a program the other night - first time in ages I have heard it, made me chuckle...let Pole Smoker be teh new insult imo!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom