Restoration news

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
GOA said:
[5-09-2005] Restoration of items on Prydwen

When you are able to log your characters into Prydwen, a small number of you may find that you are missing items as a result of the database corruption. This news will advise you of the best way to ensure that your items are restored to you as quickly as possible.

You should send a detailed report of what is missing from your character through RightNow, using the category 'In Game Problems' and the sub-category 'Lost Items'. In your report list the name of your character and the items that are missing as far as you are able. Please be as specific as possible and refer to items by their names rather than a description (i.e. say 'Silksteel Cinder-Tainted Sleeves' rather than 'Volcanus caster sleeves'). If you have lost an artifact which can be activated in different varieties (e.g. most weapons, Ceremonial Bracer etc), then please mention which type you activated it as. We will then check our records and will replace any genuine claim. Please note that it will be very easy for us to see fraudulent claims and should we recieve any of these they will be closed without a response.

If you are unable to access RightNow then you should check firstly that you are using the correct logins - you use your game identifiers to access the RightNow service. If you recieve an incorrect login error and your login is correct then you should check to see if you have more than one game account registered to the same email address. If this is the case then only one of your accounts will have access to RightNow. Simply send your request from the account that does have access clearly stating the details above. If this is not the case then you should send an email to subscription@goa.com with the subject 'Cannot access RightNow'. In the email you should give the game login concerned and the subscription service will reset your password for you. You will then be able to make your report to RightNow.

Please do not report missing items to the subscription service, they will not be able to help with this and it will create an additional delay in resolving your problem.

Once you have sent your report you should wait for the customer support department to reply to you, please do not create multiple reports or keep updating your original report unless you have been asked for additional information. All reports will be dealt with in strict order and by updating your query unecessarily, you will simply move your request to the bottom of the list. It is possible that this will be a very busy time for our support department and so we ask you to be patient whilst waiting for an answer

http://daoc.goa.com/news/view_news.php3?id_article=3509

Brite

Banned
been posted already sleezer ;p

just you wait til tuesday ill be back to save your ass all the time again ;p

hope cluster by end of the week too \o/

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Brite said:

I'll kill u one day Brite! One day, you'll be standing afk without pets and naked in a keep..I'll kill u! :fluffle:

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Brite said:

you're maybe uglier then jesus, but certainly not bigger ;p

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Starting to feel GoA's pain here.

I think there was a post somewhere 60,000 items purged from the corrupt database, Hopefully theres more than the 3 GM's working on this, even if two handled these replacements full time, thats 30,000 each, assuming each one took 10 mins to resolve thats 5,000 hours or based on 8 working hours a day 625 days !!

ouch.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
hopefully a lot of the 66000 will be junk loot or blank inventory spaces that have been corrupted :( but I don't envy them.

Gamah

Banned
Tears said:
Starting to feel GoA's pain here.

I think there was a post somewhere 60,000 items purged from the corrupt database, Hopefully theres more than the 3 GM's working on this, even if two handled these replacements full time, thats 30,000 each, assuming each one took 10 mins to resolve thats 5,000 hours or based on 8 working hours a day 625 days !!

ouch.

Ouch but it will only take 10 min / account if say each account affected lost 4 items, that time will be easly 1/4'd and I am sure they have more than 3 support staff (other staff members might pitch in etc)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
lol, my whole infiltrator template is gone :S

Gamah

Banned
LordjOX said:
lol, my whole infiltrator template is gone :S

omgomgomg time for one of my owned images!

Owned!.jpg

yes old etc, but the classics are the best!

Brite

Banned
all my charecters looked fine on creation screen, then i logged on to find my hunter completely stripped of everything, including wh som, ring of heavens ml9.10 legs, holy shit tbh ;p im installing NF on this crap PC to find out whats missing on my bd ;/ well atleast i have its whole template.... im goingto hunters vault now which had loads of scrolls

edit: vault completely gone too, my hunter has no items at all, dreading on logging my bd i really am

i hope they replace ring of heavens and ml9.10 legs and such as if they dont going to be very annoying

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
was so relieved when i logged on and all my chars still got everything :p

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe a roll-back would have been better? Theres no way I can remember whats our 3 guild vaults and my personal house on Excal. But I guess if the corruption goes back a few weeks - roll back would have caused more problems

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Gah, too many reports of people loosing everything for my liking...

But it'll really cap off a shitty say if I get home and find I have nothing left :(

Gonna be great fun checking over 24 alts :(

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Brite said:
all my charecters looked fine on creation screen, then i logged on to find my hunter completely stripped of everything, including wh som, ring of heavens ml9.10 legs, holy shit tbh ;p im installing NF on this crap PC to find out whats missing on my bd ;/ well atleast i have its whole template.... im goingto hunters vault now which had loads of scrolls

edit: vault completely gone too, my hunter has no items at all, dreading on logging my bd i really am

i hope they replace ring of heavens and ml9.10 legs and such as if they dont going to be very annoying

Same here with my NS and buffbot, Brite. Vaults empty, chars naked, inventory empty :puke: Already reported to GOA, hope it won't take to long before I get it back.
See you in rvr in about a year, Brite!.
:m00:

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Holy shet, I am nervous to log and check my chars - if this is the case that ppl have lost so many items :((

Alachbar

Fledgling Freddie
One naked char here too :S

A couple of my guild mates also stripped.

belxavier

Fledgling Freddie
at work and not checked yet but had like 4+ chars fully toaed gl if they think i can remember everything they all had hunter with some damn expensive items to replace too :S

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
belxavier said:
at work and not checked yet but had like 4+ chars fully toaed gl if they think i can remember everything they all had hunter with some damn expensive items to replace too :S

Yeah, been over week here too, and obviously cannot remember every item my chars have - and which mls step has prolly lost. Have checked one char (ixoth) and cm and vault now, and all seems ok.. continueing to check rest chars.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
I have 4 toa'd chars as well, luckily only 1 of them lost items.. unluckily, it's not one I've played for a long time, so I can't recall each and every item I had in inventory/vault/worn items... hope they can settle for nearly every item identified and throw in some bonus..

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
Do you think it's possible for them to check which items you are missing? Because I'm buggered if I can remember all the stuff on my alts.

<trembles at the thought of logging on tonight>

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Mybuddies said:
Do you think it's possible for them to check which items you are missing? Because I'm buggered if I can remember all the stuff on my alts.

<trembles at the thought of logging on tonight>

Wrote a list to them now, all I'm 99% certain of is the template I normally used. My old/pve template and full inventory/vault, I have no clue about, so I'll see what they do about that. Also, they state in the information thread about lost items that they can easily see any false claims, in which case I imagine they are able to cross-reference with claims and see if it's true or false.

Just me speculating though..

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
Chest: Activated and level 5 Guard of Valor
Hands: Activated and level 5 Maddening Scalars
Helm: Activated and level 10 Zahurs Crown
Hands: Activated and level 10 Tartaro's Gift
Sleeves: Silksteel Cinder sleeves (Battler Cloth version with +powerpool)
Boots: Dont remember
Bracer: Ebon Hide Bracer
Bracer: Ebon Hide Bracer
Ring: Unique Ring
Ring: Ring of Moirai
Belt: Belt of Moirai
Necklace: Nimbus Strand
Jewel: Activated but dont remember the level Atlantis Tablet
Cloak: Feathered Wrap

Inventory:
Ceremonial Bracer, artifact
Arbiters Papers part 2
Arbiters Papers part 3
Guard of Valor, artifact
Immolated Ring
A love Story part 1
A love Story part 3
1 RA respec Stone from Passage of Conflict
Duskwood Staff of Heavenly Bodies
Cloudsong, artifact
100% qual, cloth, AF51 legs, Sleeves
Junk from Lyonesse Pygmy Goblins
2x Greater Nereid Potions

Money still there
Stuff in Vault is still there

:<

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
If you guys heard what Tosen is missing your pants'd drop off. :p

I consider myself 'lucky' with just 2 chars stripped. Neither were kitted out with loads of expensive items, but one of them did have quite a few in her inventory because I ran out of vault space. I'm just _so_ glad I didn't put my Zahurs Ring in her inventory like I usually did to swap it around several characters.

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Jeesh 3 of my main chars are stripped (supp sm, bd and warlock). 3 alts have been stripped (of one only the gear what he used).

:puke:

Wai

Fledgling Freddie
1 char stripped and seems 1 char is MIA (unable to load it in) also lost 2 full scroll books (not crap ones either) and a MP LGM weapon... but coulda been worse

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
wouldnt it have been better to rollback where no corruption had occured (yes i know some artifacts, scrolls, items will be lost in the farming and xp too)

but atleast you would not have had your chars stripped of items (aint it 60000 + items missing ? )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom