respect for the victims

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Foadon said:
it wont be western europe but there is a large chance that some day NY will be hit with the same thing, scientists have already simulated it when an active vulcano collapses there will be tidal waves till about 500m who'll collapse on new york, just a matter of time

on a side note, does anyone know if nostradamus predicted the tsunami to happen? wouldnt suprise me if he did, altho some ppl will say that its all bullshit

Dec 13th 2012 is an event that will take place and by what i have read about it, seems it can cause all kinds of huge catastrophes as all planets will be aligned(usually causes earthquakes) aswell as no daylight for 4 days(perhaps more) due to the sun passing through a supernova which means animals or homeless will die pretty easily as the temps will drop to -50c.Just shows anything can happen, people say it's bullshit but the people who know about these things realise it certainly isn't.I'll be 30 at the time and would like to see this event, it's also the end of the mayan calendar which scares some people.

Nostradamus probably did predict it, will have to check my book downstairs, even though his predictions are very vague they usually aren't far off or spot on, some have been wrong though.

As for the tsunami happening, it's very sad and shocking to see so many pass away :/ , may they be in a better place now with forever happiness.

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
well he predicted the eclipse, the tower bombings etc
remember it was smt like the skies will be surrounded by black clouds and flames or smt

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
nostradamus is about as accurate as those prophets in monty python search for the holy grail imo :p

Lenore

Loyal Freddie
didnt nostradamus just write some random stuff u can believe what u want to believe from it? like its hard to translate and understand and stuff

kinda like a fortune cookie (damn those things)

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Personally not too bothered by the earthquake. Might think of a decent argument tomorrow but tired now ;<

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Theres so many people suffering in the world due to things caused by other people, this time it was no ones fault there is no one who we can blame, it just happened.
Maybe if there was someone to lay the blame on it would be easier, people dont like disasters that are unexplained, they dont like the thought that this could happen to them, could happen anywhere and theres nothing we can do about it.

It wasnt about money or religion, it was just people at the wrong place in the wrong time. My thoughts are with them, the people who lost their homes and families and deep down i couldnt help thinking "i hope it never happens to me" but it might, thats why i was so touched i guess is the word, to see so many people all pulling together to help these folks that they didnt know, and were never likely to meet. They just all pulled together and gave money, food and clothes, the people receiving it wont send them a thank you card, or make a gushy tv commercial to say how much it ment to them. They'll just be a little bit warmer at night with a little food in their bellies and be thank full that they are still alive.

It's quite synical of me but i thought to myself, I wonder if they would have gotten the same huge responce if this had happened in June? the fact that it happened over christmas made me wonder if thats why they got so much help, people all warm and tosty with their families get overcome with christmas spirit and give £5 instead of thinking Hmm i've got no change.

We can all watch the pictures on the tv and feel for these people, the ones who lost loved ones and the ones who dont know if the people they care about are alive or not. Lets just hope that this disaster will snap people out of the feeling that is too commen in the world today, we all suffer at one point or another, lets just hope that we wont have to do it alone.

for all out there who are suffering, whoever they are, whatever race, religion i dont care, this is my thoughts to you

/signed

Fisiodifis

Fledgling Freddie
GUYS lets face the true.We are victims of our countries.As long as the Governments do as they like ,the money always go to the more powerfull people.Even the non-government organisations like unisef have their big sponsors and the most money go to "big" people.I dont say that unisef or other non-government organisation dont do anything,but all things nowdays,in this political state we face all in europe and all over the world ,work for the people who have money.So the solution to the big problem of "people dieing and people over-growing" has its start from our countries.As long as we change our countries so all people are equal and all take the right education we can hope to change also the world.(Informed right by tv,newspaper and other things is also one faction that cant be understimated.For example usa informs people only what she wants to inform.And not only usa.)Btw as long as we are in a European Union which is "comanded" by usa we cant do much things.Nowdays all that matters is power :( .I think some rules have to change in E.U. for a better future.

A big sorry for writting all these things.(Some people dont want to read them)
A big sorry for my bad english too.(Some things are described better in your language)

Just, lets try to make a better world .Better for all human beings.Dont be selfish.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Coarr said:
ihr macht mich krank. es macht keinen sinn über etwas das die menschheit bewegt in einem forum zu sprechen in dem nur kinder sitzen und einem sagen wollen wie schlimm die welt doch ist.
ich weiss das in afrike täglich tausende den hungertot sterben
ich weiss das im irak täglich milizsoldaten und zivilisten sterben
ich weiss das aber auch das man mit ein bisschen anteilnahme und ein paar euro viel bewirken kann. denn es ist nicht die einzelleitung die zählt sondern die masse. ich verzichte dieses jahr auf mein silvesterfest weil ein freund seine beiden eltern in srilanka verloren hat. hoffe ich versteht das. hab auch ausfrücklich gesagt das ich nicht will das ihr auf silvester verzichtet sondern nur ein bisschen zurückhaltung übt und doch mal darüber nachdenkt wie gut es euch geht. in deutschland werden sicher hunderttausende wie ich denken und das sollte man auch wenn man ein bisschen gesunden menschenverstand hat

AltaVista translations:

"you make me ill. it does not make a sense about something that mankind moved in a forum to speak into only children to sit and for one say wants the world is as bad nevertheless.
I know that in afrike daily thousand that hunger-dead die
I know that in the Iraq daily militia soldiers and civilians die
I know that in addition, which one cannot cause also little sympathy and a few euro it much is not individual direction counts separates the mass I does this year without mine silvesterfest because a friend its two parents in srilanka lost hopes I understands that has also ausfruecklich said which I wants it on more silvester done without to separate only little restraint practices and nevertheless times about it thinks like well it you goes. in Germany hundredthousands will think like I and that surely should one even if one a little healthy human understanding have"

Fisiodifis

Fledgling Freddie
As far as i am concerned about the topic, i have to say that humanity will always suffer from natural catastophies(earthquakes,tornados,...).But to reduce the victims it is all about being informed.As for the islands that the last earthquake took place, people werent informed about the tsounami that weather and earthquake organisations knew.

I am really unhappy about all this great loss of human lives. :(

Please we all play daoc for fun so dont do some actions that make people arguing .We have much of this in real-life. :puke:

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Lost people I have worked with and seen every summer.

Isn't that nice.

leiflalleglad

Fledgling Freddie
i think its a good thing u respect those dead people , can u now respect those living people in moderna .

Megga

Fledgling Freddie
Its peoples own choice to go on vacation there... they know the dangers there.

On the native population part; Mother Nature sure knows how to ´´clean´´ the earth every now and then

/evil

btw no use flameing me here i aint gonna come to this thread anymore :p

Eldwin

Fledgling Freddie
Only FHs turn such a tragedy into a flame war i pitty the lot of you

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
Disgusting comments here. I guess this what happens when you let the welfare state grow too much, creates less caring people. BTW who gives only 5 bucks for charity per year? Only a miser or a person without income.

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
I give nothing, no income and even if I had, I wouldn't give, I think -_-
Never have extra cash.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
I don't give to charities because I don't think the money will end up where it's needed.

Maxgirth

Fledgling Freddie
The most harrowing aspect of this disaster imho, is how the fuck did a tidal wave travel 3500 miles acoss open sea, at a rate of 450 mph (when it peaked) and still managed to take lives when it hit the east coast of Africa?.
In this day of complex technology, coupled with certain early warning systems, albeit from man made attacks, or mother nature, I personally find it unacceptable, that we live in a world, that can read a car registration plate from outer space, yet cannot forwarn a nation, that it is in immense danger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.
As I read it it, we knew it`s power on the Richter scale, we knew it`s epicentre, we knew it`s intended course, we knew the tsunami would carry on relentless, why the fuck did east africans die????????????

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Consider that Deebs (the man who owns this board) has very strong feelings about the tradegy and many of the remarks here could possibly lead to bannings. He has just returned from Thailand and his brother is still out there, though thankfully wasn't affected by the event.

His own journal post that can be found on this very forum is here https://forums.freddyshouse.com/journal.php?do=showentry&e=25 and perhaps if those of you that really don't think we should show any kind of remorse or offer aid are particularly bothered about your status on these here forums you might just bite your lip and keep that opinion to yourself :)

I personally pledged £10 via http://www.dec.org.uk which won't go a long way but as was mentioned earlier, if everyone gave a little it all adds up.

Maybe the thread should get locked before people really do end up getting themselves banned, I believe it happened to one person already.

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
oh yeh there was evidence to suggest that America knew about this incident a while before it happened, not sure time scale but at least an hour, which would have been enough time to evacuate some of the people. My gf's dad told me this statistic so dont flame me for it, im just saying wot i heard.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
US won't do shit with the info even if it's their own towers about to fall over -.-

Maxgirth

Fledgling Freddie
Jonaldo said:
Consider that Deebs (the man who owns this board) has very strong feelings about the tradegy and many of the remarks here could possibly lead to bannings. He has just returned from Thailand and his brother is still out there, though thankfully wasn't affected by the event.

Those who have feelings, will feel for these people, those who don`t, don`t have feelings.
To see a man so distraught as he was clutching at his 8 year old sons hand, knowing he was dead, and realising the dreams he thought would someday, become reality, had now become nothing more than a dream, hit home to me, how cruel life can be, i`m a single parent with an 8 year old boy.
I felt that mans hurt, as only a parent could.
But hey this is the modern world, where only the aflicted give a fuck, apart from those who care.
God bless them all.

Dimse Dut

Fledgling Freddie
What happend it horrible and the more information we get about the death tole the more sad it becomes. There is no changing that. I feel for them and say a silent prayer now and then ( not realy religious but who knows someone might be listening)

So after this we all sit and think our how's and why's while we se the pictures of the horror on television. Loss of life is always sad no matter what the reason. When it is Mother nature that shows her more nasty side we get scared and think : EEK This could happen to anyone..no matter wealth,status or geografical location. Our illusion of safety is rocked for a bit.

Just because bad things happend everyday all over the world ( I worked for Amnesty International and trust me the real horrors pass almost unoticed by the media) doesnt mean that we cannot show our sympathy to the people who have suffered a loss

We cant control all aspects of being inhabitant of this planet and feeling guilty over being alive will not prevent bad things from happening again. We can only hope that if/when it happens to us that someone will be there to comfort us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom