respect for the victims

Coarr

Fledgling Freddie
the new year will begin in a few hours. in the last few days i thought a lot about the victims at the coasts all over the indian ozean. i decidet not to celebrate the new year today and donate the money i have collected vor alcohol, firework ect. i dont want you to follow my example but i beg u to hold a little back.

respect for the 130000 death, 500000 ill and 5000000 homeless

bye neo

sko

Loyal Freddie
Do not mourn the dead, celebrate the living.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Im not saying I don't respect the dead but why do I respect the dead if I hold back on having fun? I doubt many of those who died would have wanted that.

Yes, it's a horrible thing that happened but alcohol and fireworks does not make me less caring. Nor do I show disrespect for the dead by it.

You're a good guy to donate your money to help the victims but to grieve instead of enjoy the new year is not the sulution to show respect, quite the opposite imo.

DaggerElivager

Fledgling Freddie
Ardrias said:
People are born to die.

bit of a insensitive comment m8...u do realise that maybe people on here might know people affected by it and also yes people will die eventually but i hardly think this was the situation and time for many of those thousands to die in.

i will pay respect in my own way to the dead and anyone affected and am sorry for them. However i dont think doing nothing is the correct way to pay this respect.

sko

Loyal Freddie
I find it repulsive that people fool themselves and get good conciense for paying tributes to the dead. You give 5 bucks and call it a day of good deeds. Fuck that.. it's bullshit. And it's true what ardrias says.. people die, one way or another, you will be engulfed by Mother Earth. Your "respect" will not undo or change anything, except putting your simple mind into a state of selfishness. Cause that's what it's all about- helping others to make yourself feel good. I am good cause I helped. Hah.

Don't mourn the dead, don't pay tributes to what is the past.. Celebrate the living, change the future.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Coarr said:
the new year will begin in a few hours. in the last few days i thought a lot about the victims at the coasts all over the indian ozean. i decidet not to celebrate the new year today and donate the money i have collected vor alcohol, firework ect. i dont want you to follow my example but i beg u to hold a little back.

respect for the 130000 death, 500000 ill and 5000000 homeless

bye neo
lemme think ... no ... in africa DAILY 100's and 1000's of people and kids die of starvation and dehydration... do you care about them and stop drinking and celebrating during the year? no? thought so... celebrate as long as you can as it might be YOU who bites the dust next ... why respect 5000000 homeless out of the blue if people can't even respect the ONE homeless they see evry day in the streets, the tube/metro/subway ... :drink:

Coarr

Fledgling Freddie
ihr macht mich krank. es macht keinen sinn über etwas das die menschheit bewegt in einem forum zu sprechen in dem nur kinder sitzen und einem sagen wollen wie schlimm die welt doch ist.
ich weiss das in afrike täglich tausende den hungertot sterben
ich weiss das im irak täglich milizsoldaten und zivilisten sterben
ich weiss das aber auch das man mit ein bisschen anteilnahme und ein paar euro viel bewirken kann. denn es ist nicht die einzelleitung die zählt sondern die masse. ich verzichte dieses jahr auf mein silvesterfest weil ein freund seine beiden eltern in srilanka verloren hat. hoffe ich versteht das. hab auch ausfrücklich gesagt das ich nicht will das ihr auf silvester verzichtet sondern nur ein bisschen zurückhaltung übt und doch mal darüber nachdenkt wie gut es euch geht. in deutschland werden sicher hunderttausende wie ich denken und das sollte man auch wenn man ein bisschen gesunden menschenverstand hat

translate it if u want to. i dont care

bye neo

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
DaggerElivager said:
someone please translate :p im thick and im english :D
Coarr is just saying that we make him sick and it's no use to talk about matters that move humanity in such a forum where only kids troll around and say how bad the world is as a whole... blablabla... the typical whine you get from someone who is frustrated 'coz some people don't agree with him and don't see the light...
Hab ich das gut uebersetzt Coarr/Neo spack? Aus dem kindes-alter bin ich seit 30 jahren raus und hatte genug zeit mir meine eigene meinung zu bilden was denn gut und schlecht sei und wem ich warum meine hart verdiente kohle gib ... mit 'en paar euro kannste dir kein "ich bin doch ein guter christlicher mensch" sticker kaufen junge ... wenn'de wirklich was machen willst, dann melde dich zu den UN truppen fuer 6 oder 12 monate und MACH was ... hab ich selber gemacht vor jahren und das iss bei weitem mehr wert als 'nen paar euro "weils grad so zum anlass passt" ... ciao

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
sko said:
I find it repulsive that people fool themselves and get good conciense for paying tributes to the dead. You give 5 bucks and call it a day of good deeds. Fuck that.. it's bullshit. And it's true what ardrias says.. people die, one way or another, you will be engulfed by Mother Earth. Your "respect" will not undo or change anything, except putting your simple mind into a state of selfishness. Cause that's what it's all about- helping others to make yourself feel good. I am good cause I helped. Hah.

Don't mourn the dead, don't pay tributes to what is the past.. Celebrate the living, change the future.
What he said exactly.

Its not like any of us here thought about helping those pisspoor people down there before half of them got washed into the ocean. Its hypocrisis to bother now.
Dont get me wrong. I respect the death. However I disrespect those who, like Sko said, are buying themself a good consience and point fingers at people who dont.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Jeriraa said:
What he said exactly.

Its not like any of us here thought about helping those pisspoor people down there before half of them got washed into the ocean. Its hypocrisis to bother now.
Dont get me wrong. I respect the death. However I disrespect those who, like Sko said, are buying themself a good consience and point fingers at people who dont.

The money that donated is nothing to do with the dead, it will actually be to help the people that survived, and that can only be a good thing.

As for those that die, well in such an event you should mourn the loss due to the circumstances that brought about deaths of people prematurely. Use it to realise how fragile your life is though and enjoy the now, why you can.

Have a good New Year for that reason. Tomorrow may never come. Dont hold back, do what you can to help and get on with enjoying your life at the same time.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
sko said:

That has to be the most rediculous thing ive read on this forum for a long time, utter giberish and i find it offensive.

If everyone gave $5 in Europe thats a HUGE amount of money and it can make an incredible difference.

If everyone followed your cynical philosophy, everyone would be a selfish, greedy, self-centered fuckwit just like you...thankfully most people donate cash to help those affected by this tragedy...these are people who have had their families, homes and lives destroyed through no fault of their own...innocent people.

Charities the world over run this way and people donate what they can, what? You think everyone should donate more? How much?

To say that by donating to a good cause you are placating yourself and have nothing but self-motivated self-interests in doing this is ludicrous.

I am glad you are the miserable 0.1% of the population who believe the world revolves around them and not the 99.9% who dont.

If for one day you could see the world from outside your protective shell and see how some people suffer and die from famine and floods, how these people suffer daily, you would understand...until then keep your uneducated, inexperienced opinions to yourself.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
What he said exactly.

Why is it hypocrasy?

Charities work the world over to help those "less fortunate" than you daily, a lot of the areas affected were already recieving huge sums of financial aid before this happened. Also a lot of the areas that were effected were tourist locations and very affluent areas.

How can donating money to help several million people rebuild their lives be hypocrasy? And so what if people get a "feel-good" factor out of it, thats their own personal edification and who are you to tell them they must feel guilty about donating money to a charitable cause? If thats what it takes, then so be it....how can a few people feeling good about themselves be justification for not helping several million people who are homeless and have had their lives destroyed?

Rediculous.

Gamah

Banned
Chrystina said:
lemme think ... no ... in africa DAILY 100's and 1000's of people and kids die of starvation and dehydration... do you care about them and stop drinking and celebrating during the year? no? thought so... celebrate as long as you can as it might be YOU who bites the dust next ... why respect 5000000 homeless out of the blue if people can't even respect the ONE homeless they see evry day in the streets, the tube/metro/subway ... :drink:

did you enjoy armin you lucky bast ;o

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
People die every year to starvation and shit and now we are suppose to care more?

That's disrespecting those dying of hunger and thirst imo!

Wonder how huge this incident would've been perceived if it hit the coast of western Europe.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
How can donating money to help several million people rebuild their lives be hypocrasy?
Ask yourself, what kind of lifes they are rebuilding with that donated money.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
Wonder how huge this incident would've been perceived if it hit the coast of western Europe.
People here would probably go like...

"OMG, GOA sucks! I can't log in to DAoC and they blame some shitty natural disaster for it!"

"First it was opentransit and now its the northern sea. What its gonna be next? The moon fell on Paris?"

"I dont fucking care how many people got washed into the ocean! Get the damn servers up for fucking sake!"

Lenore

Loyal Freddie
Chrystina said:

imo he has a point. why give money to someone ur never gonna meet when u probably just walk past a homeless person without forking out for a sandwich or something. its kinda sadd that it happened and big :fluffle: to everyone whos lost someone coz of it. but it is nature and shit like this does happen. i wouldnt stop celebrating because of it tho but it is kinda harsh that more are gonna die because of lack of clean water. why doesnt evian just donate loads of bottles to them i dont know...

Coarr

Fledgling Freddie
Lenore said:
imo he has a point. why give money to someone ur never gonna meet when u probably just walk past a homeless person without forking out for a sandwich or something. its kinda sadd that it happened and big :fluffle: to everyone whos lost someone coz of it. but it is nature and shit like this does happen. i wouldnt stop celebrating because of it tho but it is kinda harsh that more are gonna die because of lack of clean water. why doesnt evian just donate loads of bottles to them i dont know...

never gonna meet??? i have a family in srilanka and a friend has lost his parents there.

in my first post i dont wanted u to stop celebrating the new year, just to hold back a little. less firework and alcohol thats all.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Lenore said:
but it is kinda harsh that more are gonna die because of lack of clean water. why doesnt evian just donate loads of bottles to them i dont know...
erm, that's simple... if they'd donate the water, they couldn't sell it to the charities who then ship it to the affected areas... it's kinda sad but true, there are lots of people who actually make a lot of money from stuff like this (oh, did you ever check charity law? they only have to give like 20% (cba to google the correct, still low, number) of what they collect to their cause, the rest is for ... erm ... adminstrative use, advertisments, etc etc)

Lenore

Loyal Freddie
yeah its like nestle when they used to (and prolly still do) donate baby milk powder to the hospitals in africa but get lots of profit from it when the mothers breasts dry up and they have to keep buying the power. really sucks

and as for coarr, did u just completely miss my :fluffle: for people who have lost family and friends, was talking about the majority of people but why donate money to help them all when u can just help the family u know immediatly and donate to the rest later

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Coarr said:
in my first post i dont wanted u to stop celebrating the new year, just to hold back a little. less firework and alcohol thats all.
But why? ^^

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Old.Ilum said:
Very small cuz' earthquakes can't happen there :p

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
Very small cuz' earthquakes can't happen there :p
They cant? Guess we Germans just imagined that quake at Oct. 20th 2004. Was 4.5 on the Richter scale.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
afaik that should be impossible as Germany is allmost at the center of the eurasian plate boundary. But I guess I have to take your word for it so sorry, I'm wrong then..

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Could give you links to newspaper articles but they're all German so no use for you I guess.

Kvadi

One of Freddy's beloved
sko said:

Every time I come across a post of yours on these forums you make me want to puke... :twak:

A bit of humanity costs you nothing.

Foadon

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:
People die every year to starvation and shit and now we are suppose to care more?

That's disrespecting those dying of hunger and thirst imo!

it wont be western europe but there is a large chance that some day NY will be hit with the same thing, scientists have already simulated it when an active vulcano collapses there will be tidal waves till about 500m who'll collapse on new york, just a matter of time

on a side note, does anyone know if nostradamus predicted the tsunami to happen? wouldnt suprise me if he did, altho some ppl will say that its all bullshit

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom