Respec is in 1.52! Plus, 16.5 DPS!

O

old.tRoG

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/433.php

Respec is in patch 1.52D!

Another interesting thing is that lvl 50s who are realm rank 5+ are now regarded as lvl 51, and can use 16.5, 100% quality weapons to their full damage.

There are tons of other goodies in there, post away as you find them... ill be editing my post when i find them :)

GOODIE 3: Woohoo! Mellees now parry and block more in RvR! :)

GOODIE 4: Crush is no longer the best RvR damage type, they should all be equal now.

GOODIE 5: New 'Cure Mes' spells. Praise the lord! :)

GOODIE 6: Bms and Mercenaries now get some sort of dmg add every few mins.

GOODIE 7: Archer camoflage. Basicly is the same as normal stealth but makes them immune to see hidden. Can only be used 10 mins after their last combat.

S

SFXman

Tihihih...
- We have alleviated some of the frustration of being mesmerized in combat by giving special "cure mez" spells to some casting classes. Judicious use of these spells will mean that you will be mezzed far less often than before.

EDIT: OMG... r-e-m-o-v-e-d!
- We have removed the level-based "to-hit" modifier from RvR combat.

2ND EDIT: YEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
NEW ARCHER ABILITY - CAMOUFLAGE

A new ability for Archers has been added - that of Camouflage. The purpose of Camouflage is for the Archer to be able to move about unseen, but not be able to use it to engage in stealthed combat. We want archers to be able to perform their scouting duties, but not become the overpowering solo killers that they once were.

Camouflage is awarded to all Scouts, Hunters, and Rangers at level 30. You use it just like any other ability - first, you must be hidden (via your normal stealth icon). Then, drag the Camouflage icon to your quickbar and click on it to activate the ability. When you are Camouflaged, essentially you are invisible from the assassin See Hidden ability - however, you abide by all the rules of being stealthed normally; i.e. you have a greater chance of being visible to those that are higher level than yourself.

When you are a camouflaged, you abide by all the rules of stealth. You will move at your normal stealthed speed, and you will become visible if you engage in combat (take damage, attack someone, shoot someone with a bow, etc.). Please note that you can Camouflage any time ten minutes after your last attack. This makes Camouflage useful to scout around unseen, but it will not help you in combat, since you will not be able to use the skill for 10 minutes after you attack somone else.

3RD EDIT: LOL! Hehehehe...

- All Blademasters, Mercenaries, and Berserkers are now given a new ability called "Advanced Evade" at 35th level, which enables them to evade in a 360 degree radius around them. Normal evade evades only those enemies who attack from the front.

O

old.tRoG

lol sfx, looks like we're both adding the same bits as we read down the list :)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Happy 1.52ing in 2005!! Yippee!!

:rolleyes: Did I just say that? ;)

O

old.tRoG

now now sickofit, lets not turn this into a 'patches are so slooooooow. gimme 1.76 NOW! I WANT IT BEFORE THE US!' thread.

it is a time for celebration, when all mellee people can gather round and sing cum by ah. then get sniper by that pesky archer who wasnt spotted by the assasin.

O

old.LandShark

i'm looking through the patch notes right now for an anti-see-hidden fix to minstrel stealth.
Where
the
FUCK
is it
eh?

O

old.tRoG

it isnt. imho minstrels shouldnt have stealth anyway :p

besides, its not like you're a minstrel with 39+ stealth.... *looks evil and laughs*

O

old.Iunliten

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG...

It will be a pain to wait for 1.52 now... So many supersweet changes!

O

old.tRoG

- You no longer flinch, parry or evade while on horseback.

so now if a flying bird smacks you in the face you wont be able to stop it? NOOOOO! THE HUMANITY!

the birds shall kill us all!!!

O

old.LandShark

If minstrels shouldn't have stealth, we should have at least merc hp's and a damage table worthy of the name. And FYI, i have 24 stealth spec. I'm lvl 46.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Flinch?
I've evaded, blocked, parried... I never flinched, though.
Like the mob fakes a hit and you flinch? Humility damage?

The [Tr0G] attacks you with his sword of TEH SP4mmZ0r
but you ... flinch?

O

old.tRoG

ive seen mobs flinch. you smack them so hard they get scared and dont hurt you.

it has happenned many a time when i cast my sword of teh sp4mz0r upon a lesser beings noggin.

now, if youll excuse me, i must rest my weary fingers and go to bed... /yawn

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Going to bed? Now? Sissy boy... but people want to know more about King Sp4mmZ0r!!

I fart in your general direction! Pffft ;)

C

[Cerebus]

I need 16 more posts to get the most evil picture of all time to be dipslayed with my name so to speed things up:

I accuse 'Sickofit' of being nothin more than a big girlie who likes to sniff knickers and drink shandy.

(heh, that should do it)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by [Cerebus]
I accuse 'Sickofit' of being nothin more than a big girlie who likes to sniff knickers and drink shandy.

HOW DID YOU FIND OUT!!?

Why don't you use your little Michael Jackson pic again?... it made you look more friendly... but I guess you just want to be 'cool' and '1337' like the other shitheads... (lets reverse the blade, shall we?;) Now write 16 hate posts)

C

[Cerebus]

You think you're so good just because you shout the loudest Sickofit. erm..... You are rubbish at spamming and you smell.

You think, just because you come from Hibernia that you own everybody. pffttt just go away and die.

PS I also found those pictures of those people in costume and the nasty things you said about them really offensive and I'm going to sue you.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by [Cerebus]
You think you're so good just because you shout the loudest Sickofit. erm..... You are rubbish at spamming and you smell.

You think, just because you come from Hibernia that you own everybody. pffttt just go away and die.

PS I also found those pictures of those people in costume and the nasty things you said about them really offensive and I'm going to sue you.

Mind if I reply to that tomorrow? I am kinda tired and in a gentle mood... it's such obvious bait... get Revz to help you out. He's DA KNOW!!1

F

Flimgoblin

Woot my 1 in a million Evade I (ok so its 1/20 but shhh) will now work if someone's attackin me from the back!

oh well :) at least we got an ice-cream treat... wonder if it's a creme egg flurry.

Specific Merc stuff doesn't seem too huge... but the general melee changes are a superb boost :)

Q

Quemine

Think this patch stinks really... how much further can they nerf a class relying solely on cc... I can hear the tank voices now... "Just stay back and heal mezz, don't go near them..." Not like I'm playing this game when 1.52 hits us but anyways...

Quemine ~ Healer

D

Danya

Originally posted by old.tRoG
it isnt. imho minstrels shouldnt have stealth anyway :p

Bah trog, you must perish for that. Also you must perish for being a skald :p

A

Aeiedil

can i ask what the big deal of camoflage is? if you dont get hit and dont attack within 10 mins i doubt your *that much* of a worry, more of a minor annoyance :p for the rest of the time youll still be seen a mile off, and when you are camo'd it only lasts till your attacked :)

E

erl

You can stealth out from your PK without being ganked by the 100 infs camping it. You can do your scouting duties at raids and the like without being ganked by one of the 100 infs waiting for you.

You can't gank the blue elf caster in the middle of the group, speed away, stealth and get away with it.

Good change this is, thumbs up mythic.

Although me as an archer would like See Hidden out of the game, but since that not gonna happen I guess this'll do ;)

S

Sarnat

I kinda dislike the melee resist change. NOT the fact that cruss is no longer über, but because of the 'doubling of armour based melee resists in RvR'. This would mean that chain now has 30% BASE resist to slash in RvR. So my dwarf thane would be really unkillable with 56% (2% race, 24% items, 30% base [or is it 26% with items?]) by a slash tank or two.

Also if plate then has 30% bonus against thrust and scale would then probably have 30% bonus against crush. Weakenesses would not be doubled so chain would have 15% penalty vs thrust, plate 10% (15%?) penalty vs crush and scale 15% or 10% penalty against slash.

(I got these new resists tables off a post by Sanya on VNBoards)

I agree that crush needs a slight rebalancing, even though I'm a hammer user myself. In this patch, chain also has 'low' crush resist, as does leather. Sanya's post did not say anything else except 'vunerable' and 'low' or 'high' resist.

A better solution, IMO, would be to give 10% crush resist to scale, 5% crush resist to leather/chain and lower the 10% weakness of studded to 5%. Maybe also make scale 5% or 10% weak to slash.

Now slash would not be 'gimped' (well ok it's quite bad for hibs) and crush would not be 'über'.

Now crush would be good against albs, nice against mids and poor against hibs (tankwise).

T

thorungla

Only gonna post a quick comment since I am sort of still a hunter.

At least Mythic have effectively admitted they screwed up with see hidden.

However, with the development of camoflage, the role of hunters/rangers/scouts will now be, it would seem, to stand about and watch some open country side and let everyone else playing the game know whats going on and when they will get to have a battle.

Of course we contirubute no more to groups than before, so not much point us being grouped :p , and since as soon as we cant resist the urge to have a fight and actually engage someone we will be open to all the young assasins pointing us out with see hidden for 10 minutes, were sure to be ganked as often as before.

I still dont see the problem with an archer being able to drop lower level or same level casters in 2-3 hits. What the hell they were ever doing wandering about alone I wont know. Never saw them complaining about the unfairness of dieing whenever they accidentally walked into an aggro even con mob they just didnt notice whilst soloing.

Anyway there ya go, I look forward to having my hunter ready and waiting in some keep shud he be needed to defend whilst I level my SB.

Oh yeah and on a side issue, at least mythic seem to have thought a little more about all this. And nice of them to effectively only allow all of us that have past level 40 only one respec. Choose wisely folks and 'click' slowly, can be sure loads of people will screw it up due to lag :)

O

old.Hendrick

I just wish they would put in a nice craftable dual wield 16.5 dps thrust weapon. Then a respec to thrust would actually be worth something for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom