Reroll or?

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
I kinda fear that Wardens will be unwanted next patch becuz of the resist nerf, so was wondering if i should retire my warden and level another char.. Not sure what it should be tho - any ideas?

And does anyone know _exactly_ how much the resists are gonna get nerfed, heard rumors about 25% and summin bout resists capping at 50% or so. Kinda confused what that concerns.

well, really just wanted to know if wardens would be a dieing breed next patch(like champs, hi Sturrm :p) and/or if ppl will still prefer to run with one.. cuz i really like meh warden and dont feel like rerolling cuz of a stupid nerf :)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
castable resists won't be nerfed, only AoM and BAoD (so only RA's)

in grab bag (so that's true with 50% chance) they explained it that way:

if u get a spell in atm it's caluclated the following (example)

u're hit for 500 (-26% armor -24% cast resist -6% AoM -30% BAoD = -86%)
so u're hit for 70 dmg, wow

new patch:
u're hit for 500 (-26% armor -24% cast = -50%) => 250 dmg
u're hit for 250 (-6% AoM -30% BAoD = -36%)
so u're hit for 160 dmg, a lot better

Gargo

Fledgling Freddie
Mast, we will always wub jooo, or gunz - whoever is playing xD

Us reddies wont be the same without yoo :cool:

Bellona

Banned
stay with your warden if you like it :D

nerfs aint hitting you as i understand it

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
warden is teh retired atm, playing my wee luwi its very fun except the whole savage assist train bit

Wot-do

Fledgling Freddie

Warden rox, just sad there are so few and good around
keep playing yours imo

Chrstffr

Fledgling Freddie
more good wardens plz, velly annoying to stand at dl waiting for one to pop :x

so if u retire, ill have to come and make u QQ irl :>

Miss

Fledgling Freddie
got to second with Fame there, keep playing your ward0n.
too few skilled ones around :mad:

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Warden is great really. People that say warden healing is bad, well they're kinda wrong. Sure they don't have spread and insta's but if it's possible in any way a druid will use the same heals as available to a warden (normal base and major) since power drain on the spread and greater heal is huge.

And the resists are really too good not to get, especially with toa coming up in a few weeks, with all the artifacts and stuff it's not necessary to put 4 casters in a group really... 3 is enough, in some cases maybe even 2.

And pbt of course is always usefull, maybe not against a savage ( need about 16 stacked pbt's for that :m00: ) but against slam or any other tank it's great :)

Well you know all this :p Just don't reroll, if you enjoy your class then you should be really glad in the first place :D Surely you will have a place in groups, because everyone likes you and warden is still very usefull after the next patch and toa.

:p

Fluid

Can't get enough of FH
Vodkafairy said:
Warden is great really. People that say warden healing is bad, well they're kinda wrong. Sure they don't have spread and insta's but if it's possible in any way a druid will use the same heals as available to a warden (normal base and major) since power drain on the spread and greater heal is huge.

And the resists are really too good not to get, especially with toa coming up in a few weeks, with all the artifacts and stuff it's not necessary to put 4 casters in a group really... 3 is enough, in some cases maybe even 2.

And pbt of course is always usefull, maybe not against a savage ( need about 16 stacked pbt's for that :m00: ) but against slam or any other tank it's great :)

Well you know all this :p Just don't reroll, if you enjoy your class then you should be really glad in the first place :D Surely you will have a place in groups, because everyone likes you and warden is still very usefull after the next patch and toa.

:p

no moc fooks the healing and mana drains huge when using pbt, can go on all day but i cba, it jsut gets boring to play it after so long :x

Angara

Fledgling Freddie
Wot-do said:
Warden rox, just sad there are so few and good around
keep playing yours imo

You kinda been crying at lot this week :(
Sad to see you sad :( :( :(

Ensceptificamuralya

One of Freddy's beloved
Still love playing my warden. And basically, the next patch will only nerf BAOD and AOM , meaning the warden resists will become even more valuable.

I use my 33 regrowth spec heals and heal for 460 on a single target I believe, and with druid buffs the healings goes quite fast. Mana drain really isn't that bad with serenity, mcl and mana pots, which no mana user can go without anyway. Most often, I'm the last naturalist standing and I use my mana to res healers though. And if a warden is oom, he can always /assist the main tank, which works nicely.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
And basically, the next patch will only nerf BAOD and AOM

aye, that's what I wanted to say with my post, if it wasn't obvious enough =)

Enscepti, keep on the ( :

Sturrm

Fledgling Freddie
The class you play is NOT as important as how well you play.

As long as you enjoy playing your char don't even consider rolling something else.

Although at times playing a Fotm can be fun, personally I prefer playing the char I first rolled and ignore all the whines about (Determination/Guardbot).

If I ever find myself without RvR group u can find me soloing in Emain like a real man. Maybe after the patch we can solo together.

/hug Mastade :fluffle:

/cheer to all those Champs that still play

/duel challenge to all those that think Champs suck :kissit:

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Fluid said:
no moc fooks the healing and mana drains huge when using pbt, can go on all day but i cba, it jsut gets boring to play it after so long :x

When I borrowed Eemma a few runs it was really fun playing a warden, much less responsibility than a bard which is quite relaxing for a change :p

And yeah a druid is a much better healer but a warden healing capability is far from bad :p

serenity 2, rp and mcl2 are nice to compensate the power loss from pbt imo.. and you got pots also :p

Thinking of rolling a warden but then I think of toa and another char to equip, and I forget about it :p

Jayce

Fledgling Freddie
I love playing my Warden in RvR, get the surname ShammieBane and keep those shammies under control :)

Lafe

Fledgling Freddie
Wardens.... oh dear. The poor things.

Has noone looked at the Warden RA list? Check here.

http://www.ping.de/~sven/daoc/configurator.html

Carefully note the lack of:
Mastery of Concentration
Mastery of the Art
Determination

Now check out the damage table for Wardens and compare it to say... any other class. It compares to Druid/Bard... oohh and add a couple of damage from the styles.

People don't like Champions because they have no determination.
Wardens are not as good at inturrupting as people make them out to be.
Usually the target they are inturrupting moves off as Wardens only have a second style chain CC (No Stun, No Guard, No Root, No Mezz).
They can only inturrupt from point blank (then if your target isn't straffing or circling as you can't cc it...) unless they pull out their bow... (okok, stop laughing now.. k.. ) Note the ranges for PBT, Damage Add. (although they are getting upped to 1500 in next patch)

As healers they are nerfed straight out of the tin simply due to casting times. Firby warden, what a mistake. Wardens don't get instas, group heal is as bad as the bards. Singles are identical to Druid/Bard base (if specced reg to remove variance).
But then remember, if a Warden is healing, it isn't inturrupting.

So what do you get with a Warden?

PBT - useful, but not essential.
Real nice base buffs (compare them with non nurture specced druid/bard before you cry 'they're the same!!!' ). ok real nice is about 6 points....
Resist buffs in 3 spell lines
TWF - try it before you say its crap! :) Handy thing. But only once every 30 min...

So what don't you get?

The ranged inturrupting capability of a Chanter
The damage output of any tank class
The healing ability of a druid

To summise.... (at last they cry!!!)

Wardens are a mistaken bunch. They are crap at everything they do. And as many of the older wardens will say, they only become good at high realm ranks.

The Warden is there in most groups to help. To inturupt when it is needed and to heal when it is needed. The rest of the time its just stand about and cheer your groupmates on. Wardens don't expect to kill anything, and don't expect to keep much alive.
Personally, I prefer any other class than Warden to fill up a group that has 2 druids in it already - chanter for killing/inturrupt, druid for healing, void debuffs etc etc.

I made a Warden as my first hib char. A mistake I rectified by making a chanter and a druid. And then much fun was had by all >:)

On the other hand, my Warden still comes out to play in Tank groups. Mage groups big nono for Wardens.

Obviously, this is just my opinion, thoughts and experiance of Wardens. Others may agree or disagree. Regardless, have fun!

Lafe

fiontan

Fledgling Freddie
There is NO replacement class for a good warden in a strong group, tank or mage. I have no idea how you can question this if you played the game for a longer time and ever have fights lasting more than 30seconds....warden=stabilility.

Ps If you need MoC to be able to heal I feel sorry for your group :D

plomien

Fledgling Freddie
keep the warden remember we can out /duel most tanks at the same RR :D
i love playing my warden and wouldn't change as a main.

Maistro

Fledgling Freddie
Mastade stop the fotm, and play nice ... your such an arrogant bastard ingame .... would hate to know a person like that irl

Greetings Maistro

lvl 2 Naturalist

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
Maistro said:
Mastade stop the fotm, and play nice ... your such an arrogant bastard ingame .... would hate to know a person like that irl

Greetings Maistro

lvl 2 Naturalist

Lol sut røv :p

liloe

It's my birthday today!
lol, how can u say Warden's are shit? The Nr. 1 player in the world (that's the thing which looks like a blue bubble and floats in the nothing) is a Warden.

Warden gives you:
- an additional healer: which means it'll be much harder for your enemies to interrupt all
- pbt: very handy tool vs. melee
- body/spirit/energy: that covers the 2 main mezz types and a whole lot from albion dmg type
- interrupter: yes that's very nasty to interrupt enemy healers and might force them to use their instas on you

and that's before RA's like TWF, which comes in handy as cc tool.

and now let's look at ToA
-grapple: oh, insta cc for wardens (Battlemaster) and bodyguard. Ofc, a tank can do that, too, but can a tank do all the other stuff mentioned above?

Imho listen to Fiontan =) he should know it, especially when someone says: "Wardens are most useless in caster group"

Gargo

Fledgling Freddie
fiontan said:
There is NO replacement class for a good warden in a strong group, tank or mage. I have no idea how you can question this if you played the game for a longer time and ever have fights lasting more than 30seconds....warden=stabilility.

I aglee Wont leave dl without a warden, and its not fun to leave dl without a good warden, especially Mastade!

Was speakin to Sheph about this the other day, warden is very very important in a good group and everyone who disagrees is blind!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom