Reroll or?

Khefru

One of Freddy's beloved
My experience with ppl I know who rolled wardens and grew to dislike them is they thought they were rolling a tank with a few heals, buffs and the ability to go afk running pbt whilst we all grinded to 50. The sad reality for them was that they did not do tank damage (but not really poor damage imo) and they did not heal like a druid (but most were not interested in healing anyway). Then about a year later came the assist trains and pbt was about as handy as a chocolate fireguard.

Imo, wardens are a good all round char to have in a group and I feel in a close fight, a warden can sometimes make the difference. But then, what do I know, I rolled a hero to be a damage dealer ;)

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
I run my warden as my main rvr character nowadays, sure im a relative rvr noobie (as in been playing game since release (3 years give or take) and my top character is only rr3l7 :)) but i love rvr with my wardy.

Being able to simply bug the hell out of enemy mages, healers and tanks is great, so many times i have been interrupting a shammy or healer and have a slambot try to take me out solo, oh dear, that wont work on a warden thanks to pbt, in fact it prevents almost all group chars from being slammed at least once.

Try and hit me with a weapon, or kill me with an assist train? pbt + shield + parry + scale ...good luck with that. I bet i can drag you through a pbaoe radius, or draw you away from your healers (or more importantly our healers) before you can take me down :)

Wanna try and outrun me Mr. Mage? Well i have my own endurance chant that i can twist and endurance-cost reduction buff, we'll see who runs out of puff first :)

Warden is the jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none in Hibernia, we are tough characters who are bloody annoying to the enemy and hard to kill. We will never be high damage dealers or great healers, but when you combine all our positive aspects you really do have a very handy utility player.

Just my opinion ofc :)

Cigies

Fledgling Freddie
When it all comes down to it, the main problem with wardens is that they are too passive. The abilities they people want them in groups for are passive (PBT/resists), the only active abilities they have are so underpowered that it leaves wardens feeling that they have no noticable part in the success/failure of an RvR group.

I still love my Warden for PvE, he's great at it, but I refuse to frustrate myself by taking him to RvR anymore. If i want to heal, I have a Druid, if I want to add the slapdown on my enemies then my Animist more than has the goods.

The sad fact is that playing a warden for a long period of time leads most people to the same conclusion, that they could roll another class and have far more fun, heal far better, have way more damage output whatever.

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
i alrdy told u my opinion gimpade, dont give up

sum ppl gets too stuck in fotm-ideas and fails to see/admit non-fotm classes utility in determined setups/ciscunstancies

i still fully enjoy my champ tho i cba playing with gimpbards so i have to bard myself:p

saks

Fledgling Freddie
Mastade! Keep playing your wardun! :D your great at playing it, and not that many wardens around :)

Talked with a few friends on Us servers they said Wardens still are very usefull.

Aeicaan

One of Freddy's beloved
wardens will be nice in toa, bodyguard,cure mezz,cure disease GRAPPLE xD untill its nerfed etc etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom