Politics Republican race

Wij

I am a FH squatter
So what are your thoughts on the iowa results?

Personally, it's something of a relief that Perry and Bachmann are looking like losers. They played the "America is my form of Christian" card incredibly heavily. And they're ignorant fuckwits.

Santorum won't get as many votes elsewhere and Gingritch's vote is waning (thank fuck).

A two-way between Romney and Paul perhaps? It could have been a lot worse.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Schmitt Schmomney is gonna win almost gauranteed.

He's a lock for the next primary ( New hampsire ), it's like 90%+ he's going to win, same as it was 6 months ago :p

Exioce

Part of the furniture
It's always been Romney. He scraped a win in Iowa, but Santorum campaigned almost exclusively there, and is trailing miles behind everywhere else. Ron Paul is entertaining, but way too radical for the Republicans. The others stand little chance.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Its pretty depressing that all we can hope for from the Republicans is that they elect the "least dangerous/nutty as a fruitcake" candidate.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It's always been Romney. He scraped a win in Iowa, but Santorum campaigned almost exclusively there, and is trailing miles behind everywhere else. Ron Paul is entertaining, but way too radical for the Republicans. The others stand little chance.

Well Paul appeals to young voters (ironically) and Romney doesn't so he's not out of the race. He also has strong tea party support from the fiscal conservative (Paulite) arm of the movement rather than the social conservative (Palinite) arm. Romney is not a teapotter favourite.

Paul also wants to abolish fractional reserve banking. Very different candidate from the identichristian ones.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
As the socially conservative candidates get knocked out, the Republicans will be forced to rally behind Romney.

Ron Paul has his hardcore supporters, but mainstream Republicans will never vote in a candidate who wants to legalise drugs and end all foreign wars.

Over the next few months they are going to spend millions of dollars in negative attack ads on each other, effectively doing Obama's job for him.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I think it will be Romney easily. New Hampshire is his home state and he is a shoe in there. The christian fundamentalists and tea partiers are heard the most because they shout the loudest, but moderate and just fiscal conservatives far outnumber the nuts in reality. Romney will win by being the best of a bad bunch, but I think Obama still beats him. I'm not for or against Romney or Obama but the Republicans can't seem to get excited about any candidate and I think that Romney at one point supported Obama's health care bill could hurt him with republicans in the long run.

But I agree...thank fuck Bachmann, Perry or Santorum don't really stand a chance.

If I had a vote here I'd vote for Ron Paul of the Reps but I'd probably still go Democrat for the election.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Yeah, then you realise they voted for war mongering fucktards who if elected will go to war with Iran, and who equate homosexuality to beastiality.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
When I think of Americans, I think how glad I am that we booted out most of the religious fruitcakes, all those years ago.

Can you imagine if our monarch was still ruled by the pope?

Chilly

Balls of steel
When I think of Americans, I think how glad I am that we booted out most of the religious fruitcakes, all those years ago.

Can you imagine if our monarch was still ruled by the pope?
It wouldnt matter in the least, as our monarch is powerless.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Secretary of State Schwarzenegger. One day.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It wouldnt matter in the least, as our monarch is powerless.

We almost certainly wouldn't have a monarchy if Henry VIII hadn't made the break with Rome. So we'd have a president instead. In other words, another politician, eager to please.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Unlikely. Republicans can live to a good old age. John McCain is older than my Dad but his Mum's still alive. Must be all the praying.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
/Ike ON

Lizards, I tells ye. Lizards...

/Ike OFF

Exioce

Part of the furniture
In case anyone missed it...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/newsnight/9671217.stm
Republican Rick Santorum: 'NHS devastated Britain'

Rick Santorum has lost the first battle in the fight to be the Republican candidate for the White House, the Iowa caucuses, to Mitt Romney by just eight votes.
Mr Santorum has been an outspoken critic of President Barack Obama's healthcare programme and has said that similar policies brought about the collapse of the British Empire.
Here Newsnight's Peter Marshall challenges Mr Santorum on what he meant by that statement.

http://twitter.com/#!/rupertmurdoch/status/153995555603890176
@rupertmurdoch
Can't resist this tweet, but all Iowans think about Rick Santorum. Only candidate with genuine big vision for country.

Well, well! Values DO count. Santorum result pretty amazing. Policy very similar to Reagan. Now start to sound like him.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Yeah, then you realise they voted for war mongering fucktards who if elected will go to war with Iran, and who equate homosexuality to beastiality.

The video says that Iowa voted democrat in 4 of the last 5 Presidential elections. Or am I misunderstanding you?

ECA

I am a FH squatter
The video says that Iowa voted democrat in 4 of the last 5 Presidential elections. Or am I misunderstanding you?

Santorum said:
“If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything… It all comes from, I would argue, this right to privacy that doesn't exist in my opinion in the United States Constitution... You say, well, it's my individual freedom. Yes, but it destroys the basic unit of our society because it condones behavior that's antithetical to strong healthy families... In every society, the definition of marriage has not ever to my knowledge included homosexuality. That’s not to pick on homosexuality. It’s not, you know, man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be. It is one thing.”

TLDR: If a republican beats obama next term, Iran gonna get fucked up sons.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
Ah, I thought you were referring to Iowa as a state backing Republicans, which recent history suggests they don't. Not that those card carrying Iowan Republicans who vote in this particular ballot, happen to back warmongering god botherers.

If Iowa follows recent history, when the actual Presidential election rolls around, then it doesn't really matter which Republican the Republicans within Iowa suggested at this early stage of the contest they might prefer.

Those who think our current electoral system in the UK is undemocratic should have a look at the Presidential election system in America and be very glad we don't have similar.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Corporations are people too!

And so they can pump millions upon millions of dollars in campaign funds into the pockets of the candidate they want and best off all, without having to tell anyone but the candidate!

Freedom my ass.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
At least they're being right wing, out front for all to see, they are the right wing party after all.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
I can't take it seriously, I just can't. There's not one person in the race I'd want to run my local chippy, let alone the most powerful nation on the planet. Santorum deserves a slow, painful death for his beliefs on homosexuality and abortion and Perry/Bachman/Palin are clearly someone's idea of a sick joke. If you ask Romney his name 3 times in a day, you'd get three different answers. Ron Paul has some good ideas, but they don't outweigh what an utter, utter douche he is (and has been for many, many years).

I think Obama has failed in pretty much every aspect of his presidency and I'm STILL hoping for a win for him!

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
I can't take it seriously, I just can't. There's not one person in the race I'd want to run my local chippy, let alone the most powerful nation on the planet. Santorum deserves a slow, painful death for his beliefs on homosexuality and abortion and Perry/Bachman/Palin are clearly someone's idea of a sick joke. If you ask Romney his name 3 times in a day, you'd get three different answers. Ron Paul has some good ideas, but they don't outweigh what an utter, utter douche he is (and has been for many, many years).

I think Obama has failed in pretty much every aspect of his presidency and I'm STILL hoping for a win for him!
QFT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom