Politics Republican race

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'd be much more interested in this if they had to have an actual race.

But I guess the disabled would complain it was exclusionist :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Ah but they would be running in the 'special republican race funded by the proceeds of the other race :)

Disableist! :eek:

They won't be "running" they'll be "wheeling"...

rynnor

Rockhound
Depends on their class of disability - if they are just stupid like Dubya they can run.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
I'd replace the Caucuses with a reality-TV show where instead of campaigning, the candidates each pay $10,000,000 to enter a house for 12 weeks. During this time, they'd be quizzed by experts on constitutional, political, ethical and social issues by a team of academic experts in these fields. There would be staged debates with the agenda points pre-defined based on a public vote.

Each week every candidate would prepare a 10-minute campaign ad on a different issue (week 1 would be foreign policy, week 2 would be economic policy and so on) which would be shown one after the other in random order. Following this would be a public vote to "evict" one of the candidates from the house.

At the end of the process, the last person remaining would become the Republican candidate for the Presidential Elections and would also get the opportunity to donate the combined entrance fees to the charity or charities of their choice.

The thinking behind it would be that if people could actually see these blithering idiots being expertly interrogated on (for example) abortion, stem cell research, prayer in schools, fiscal policy, homeland security and the like, I'd hope even the most inbred voter in the US would see what a disaster they would be in the Oval Office.

I'd also put in some physical challenges and perhaps some Bush Tucker for good measure, just because :D

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
And every night FOX news would edit together little reel's that half of America would watch because they "Can't spend all night on politics". Naturally whoever Darth Murdoch likes best would come off looking well in this edits.

Killswitch

FH is my second home
And every night FOX news would edit together little reel's that half of America would watch because they "Can't spend all night on politics". Naturally whoever Darth Murdoch likes best would come off looking well in this edits.

You make a worryingly good point. I hope that the fuzzy warmth of our cynicism and despair will be enough to protect us from the nuclear winter after one of these clowns nukes Tehran because God told him to.

rynnor

Rockhound
You make a worryingly good point. I hope that the fuzzy warmth of our cynicism and despair will be enough to protect us from the nuclear winter after one of these clowns nukes Tehran because God told him to.

You get some nice sunsets :p

Wij

I am a FH squatter
As expected, Romney walked it but Paul is looking like hanging in for second for a while and the social conservatives have split the vote between themselves too much and lost ground badly. Huntsman needed to do better than this in the place he targeted so heavily. Bit of a shame really, being the only candidate to admit that evolution is real :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Which fool was it I was arguing with that said the rich have to pay their taxes like everyone else?

Edit: Ah, Ileks! Oi! Mr Naive Tit! Where you at? :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
To be fair, his income is mostly from investments so he's being taxed at the correct rate. High taxes on investment isn't good for investment obviously.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
At least as much or at at least the same rate. Slightly misleading. The Mormon still payed millions in taxes which I'm pretty sure is more than his secretary.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The Mormon still payed millions in taxes which I'm pretty sure is more than his secretary.

Can he not afford to pay the same percentage then?

Edit: To be fair, don't want to have that argument all over again :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Pointless. Both sides of the argument are owned by the rich. The democracy is a sham.
Power structures are a fundamental part of the way humans form societies. Unpalatable as it is no one has ever created a society which got rid of them. Look at what happened to the hippie communes. They descended into bullying and control within months. Not saying your totally wrong even though you could do with a tinfoil hat or two but humans naturally oppress and control each other and it will never change. Mao and lenin were well in with your idea to kill 20 million people and rebuild society in a new way and that turned out pretty shit. Why are you convinced you could do better?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I never said I could. But I disagree totally with your defeatist attitude:

humans naturally oppress and control each other and it will never change

Both of the control systems in question don't take into account human nature - as they're both based on an understanding of us that is centuries old and incorrect. Do you not think a system could be built and implemented that takes the fact that we're stupid stupid monkeys into account?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I never said I could. But I disagree totally with your defeatist attitude:

Both of the control systems in question don't take into account human nature - as they're both based on an understanding of us that is centuries old and incorrect. Do you not think a system could be built and implemented that takes the fact that we're stupid stupid monkeys into account?
That's exactly what our systems are based on.

Asserting power over others is how pack animals work. I think that secular democracy is a pretty good compromise between accepting the realities of human nature and trying to make life tolerable for most people. If you have a magic system that would work better then tell us.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Maybe we're talking at cross purposes Wij. My assersion is that both capitalism and communism were founded on age-old and incorrect understandings of mankind.

Democracy, on the other hand, is something I completely support, but it needs tweaking to stop it being susceptible to the duress of small numbers of very rich men.

I won't respond to your other argument as I've covered it in full elsewhere many times.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I'm not saying you support communism. I'd like details on the new system which stops the powerful controlling the less so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom