Representatives of GOA you owe us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
335
You really owe us an apology for the way you have handled the launch of Catacombs. You know it, we know it, loads of people have left this game. Catacombs was an eagerly awaited expansion. I belive many loyal DAOC fans looked at it as a new start for this game. Shame on you for treating us this way.

Can you really say that Catacombs have been released in a good and proper way? You promised a certain release day, have you lived up to your promisies? Is it a surprise to you how the "rules" on how the British game distributors work? Is it a surprise that you set the release day on a major holiday? Have you not got information from your distrubutor on what they thought to be a fitting launch?

By looking at the post on Freddys House and also by the pityfull few people being able to activate new classes on the english speaking servers I claim you have not.

You GM´s posting on this forum, I dare you to speak the official word from GOA on this matter. Is this the treatment the DAOC community in countries like Great Britain, Denmark, Finland and Sweden deserve?

/Otho
 

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
1,913
oh no we have to wait a few day's to get it ! :eek:
 

Berthold

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
38
m8 i would be the first to flame GOA if i belived it was their fault. but seeing as all of europe apart from the uk has got it on time suggest to me its nothing to do with GOA... and therefore out of their hands i would expect GOA will crack a few heads in the distribution company but there is nothing more they can do, lets see what tommrow brings they are, imo doing all they can.
 

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
335
Berthold said:
m8 i would be the first to flame GOA if i belived it was their fault. but seeing as all of europe apart from the uk has got it on time suggest to me its nothing to do with GOA... and therefore out of their hands i would expect GOA will crack a few heads in the distribution company but there is nothing more they can do, lets see what tommrow brings they are, imo doing all they can.
I don´t get you people that say that it got nothing to do with GOA. Do they not communicate with their distribution partner? How the xxxx can they have been unaware of that the distribution partner did not agree on the launch date?

wittor said:
oh no we have to wait a few day's to get it !.
In a business do not promise something that you can not keep. DAOC is losing customers. Wittor, tell me if you honestly think that the way Catacombs was released have not damaged this game compared if the Catacombs had been lauched as GOA said it would.
 

Funkybunny

Banned
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
1,291
Berthold said:
m8 i would be the first to flame GOA if i belived it was their fault. but seeing as all of europe apart from the uk has got it on time suggest to me its nothing to do with GOA... and therefore out of their hands i would expect GOA will crack a few heads in the distribution company but there is nothing more they can do, lets see what tommrow brings they are, imo doing all they can.


in norway we aint getting it before after 1st of april... maybe later aswell since most shops here didnt even know what catacombs was and i had to tell em to order it !

so /signed to first post...
 

Funkybunny

Banned
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
1,291
Berthold said:
have you read the GOA thred? reason you arnt getting it is because your copys will come from the uk... so read then post shit when you know what your talking about :)
did you see what i said bullshit too? he said all of europe except UK had gotten it in time!
 

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
1,862
The release date for the UK is the 25th March. This was the date that we forecast as our release date previously. As you can see in This thread we have a contingency whereby we will be able to keep that promise.

Frankly I am getting more than a little tired of explaining the same things over and over. I am not at liberty to explain exactly why things happend the way they did however I can assure you of three things.

1: The reason that UK stores are not stocking Catacombs today is due to no fault of our distribution company nor ourselves. It's a situation that has arisen from the actions of different companies who are not connected to the launch. It has nothing to do with public holidays or 'British retailers 'rules'. The release was planned since December and announced to the trade in early January. Until a very few weeks ago, the launch was progressing smoothly and all partners were entirely ready to go ahead with a launch for Easter weekend. Guessing as to reasons why there were problems does not strengthen your argument. Especially when your guesses are entirely wrong.

2: Since it became apparent that there could be a problem our distributors and our marketing team have been working very hard to resolve it. Until as recently as Wednesday, we believed that we could make sure that UK retailers would be selling it today. Situations entirely out of our control prevented that. We are still working very hard to make sure that the release is as smooth as possible and that our players are not prevented from getting the expansion.

3: The problem is limited to UK retailers or countries supplied by UK distributors such as the Netherlands. Scandinavian retailers have all recieved stocks and, in most cases have been selling it already without any problems.

As ever, anything I post here on these unofficial forums is unofficial. If you want an official word from Goa, there will be official news tomorrow on our official news site.
 

Berthold

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
38
Funkybunny said:
did you see what i said bullshit too? he said all of europe except UK had gotten it in time!
damn you post to fast i decided to change my post to stop this going on, anyhow. yeah i did read that but he kinda changed it a bit later on.
 

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
335
Requiel said:
Scandinavian retailers have all recieved stocks and, in most cases have been selling it already without any problems
Please then, give some names of Scandinavian retailers that will sell it on the 25:th. Game is not, EB is not...
 

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
1,862
Otho said:
Please then, give some names of Scandinavian retailers that will sell it on the 25:th. Game is not, EB is not...
Game and EB are the same company. They have stated that they will not release the game in March.

You yourself posted in this thread the name of one Scandinavian retailer that has it in stock, others are also named in that same thread.
Others (including major online vendors like Webhallen) also have it in stock and have been selling it as evidenced in this thread.
 

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
335
Requiel said:
Game and EB are the same company. They have stated that they will not release the game in March.

You yourself posted in this thread the name of one Scandinavian retailer that has it in stock, others are also named in that same thread.
Others (including major online vendors like Webhallen) also have it in stock and have been selling it as evidenced in this thread.
News flash! They are out of stock!

If you belive that on a release customers need to use a search lamp to find the new product you are wrong. I work myself in a bussiness that do regular product launches. I have worked in the marketing department and now I work in the sales department, I find GOA´s product launch substandard.
 

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Joined
Apr 21, 2004
Messages
1,862
Otho said:
News flash! They are out of stock!
The number of boxes they order is down to the individual store, it's not set by the distributor. Generally stores order less than they think they will sell as it's easier to order more than to send back unsold boxes. If they're out of stock it's because they misjudged the demand and will need to order more copies. The point is that the copies were and are available for Scandinavian stores.
 

Otho

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
335
Requiel said:
The number of boxes they order is down to the individual store, it's not set by the distributor. Generally stores order less than they think they will sell as it's easier to order more than to send back unsold boxes. If they're out of stock it's because they misjudged the demand and will need to order more copies. The point is that the copies were and are available for Scandinavian stores.
To me that means they did not belive in the product. It is up to the company releasing a product (and their partners) to convince their customers that it is a product worth backing up. So, you are pleased with your marketing effort, good to hear.
 

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Joined
Sep 20, 2004
Messages
357
Not sure about the 'you owe us' part of the thread title but I have been disappointed in a few things recently and the launch of catacombs is one of them.

Server lags response was - this is not out fault and we cannot do anything about it
Catacombs delay response is - this is not our fault and we cannot do anything about it

As true as these statements could be I am sure you can see how this looks. Launching the day before a major and relatively long holiday seems risky to me but I guess we are all wise after the event.

We were told that Catacombs release would coincide with some advertising as we all know the game will die without new blood. New classes on their own are not enough. So far the word on the forums is that there has been little if any.

Is this going to happen still ? Or has it happened and did we miss it ?

Rightly or wrongly GOA get hammered a lot by us players, largely because we want a smooth game, a good game and most of us still here (not retired or WoW'd) actually care about it.

I can survive without Catacombs for a week, or longer (if necessary) but I wonder if the game can survive unless we see some new players coming in.
 

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
1,913
Otho said:
Wittor, tell me if you honestly think that the way Catacombs was released have not damaged this game compared if the Catacombs had been lauched as GOA said it would.
hm honestly i dont really think so , catacombs is not a must have .. sure I will get catacombs but i'm going to get it next week. with toa i had it the first day cus if u was a few day's behind it was already a big thing with the ML's going on and stuff but ofc its alway's nice to have something that is new like cata's with the improved gfx and it will improve the game but also cata is more based on easier xp'ing, some nice items (but still not a must have) , better gfx and a few new classes correct me if im wrong :p
so I actually dont think ppl will quit cus they have it a few day's later and I also played wow but in my eyes daoc > wow even without the new gfx

btw I do agree about the release date maybe it was a bit stupid to release it on a holiday but they are normal people and people do make mistakes sometimes ..
 

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Sep 8, 2004
Messages
331
Having spoken to one of the major UK distributors (Off the record so will not divulge the guys name or company) he stated "GoA were informed at the end of last year that the UK release date was one that they felt they could not as retailers honour to their customers, due to the uncertainty that their carriers would be able to deliver the game on time, they therefore would not be posting what they saw as unrealistic delivery dates in their store or on their online site since they are reliant on two fronts for carriers that are outsode their influence, to a) Deliver the Stock to them and b) Have a reliable source to deliver stock to the customers. All entirely due to the Holiday weekend.

One other UK company I have spoken to has confirmed it has not received stock and is not expecting stock to arrive until Tuesday 29th again they state this is due to carriers unable to guarantee delivery over the holiday period.

GoA's fault? Not really, but I do think that their marketing guys should get a good kick in the pants, this expansion is an important one and as a businessman I would have expected a little more thought to have gone into this one. Make sure they don't get their xmas bonus this year :)

Yours - a patient UK resident
 

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Sep 8, 2004
Messages
331
Having spoken to one of the major UK distributors (Off the record so will not divulge the guys name or company) he stated "GoA were informed at the end of last year that the UK release date was one that they felt they could not as retailers honour to their customers, due to the uncertainty that their carriers would be able to deliver the game on time, they therefore would not be posting what they saw as unrealistic delivery dates in their store or on their online site since they are reliant on two fronts for carriers that are outsode their influence, to a) Deliver the Stock to them and b) Have a reliable source to deliver stock to the customers. All entirely due to the Holiday weekend.

One other UK company I have spoken to has confirmed it has not received stock and is not expecting stock to arrive until Tuesday 29th again they state this is due to carriers unable to guarantee delivery over the holiday period.

GoA's fault? Not really, more a problem with the UK retail network and union rules re working on Bank Holidays - I will be working and so will some of my employees who will be earning double time (money grabbers) but I do think that their marketing guys should get a good kick in the pants, this expansion is an important one and as a businessman I would have expected a little more thought to have gone into this one. Make sure they don't get their xmas bonus this year :)

Yours - a patient UK resident
 

Kami

Part of the furniture
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
2,254
Otho said:
You really owe us an apology for the way you have handled the launch of Catacombs. You know it, we know it, loads of people have left this game. Catacombs was an eagerly awaited expansion. I belive many loyal DAOC fans looked at it as a new start for this game. Shame on you for treating us this way.

Can you really say that Catacombs have been released in a good and proper way? You promised a certain release day, have you lived up to your promisies? Is it a surprise to you how the "rules" on how the British game distributors work? Is it a surprise that you set the release day on a major holiday? Have you not got information from your distrubutor on what they thought to be a fitting launch?

By looking at the post on Freddys House and also by the pityfull few people being able to activate new classes on the english speaking servers I claim you have not.

You GM´s posting on this forum, I dare you to speak the official word from GOA on this matter. Is this the treatment the DAOC community in countries like Great Britain, Denmark, Finland and Sweden deserve?

/Otho
They don't owe you a thing, get a grip weirdo. :twak: Might have to wait a few more days for a game, Requiel has already explained that it wasn't GOA or thier distributers fault - so rather than spewing this sort of retarded garbage why not go outside. It's the holidays! (erm not at 5am though, bit cold and not much to do :p )
 

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Joined
Mar 14, 2004
Messages
2,478
I agree with Kami. Just keep playing the game 'til you can spit your dummy far enough to knock a GOA exec out. Will a week kill you if it is that long? You can still play the game, your world won't fall apart without the new classes - I know you're eager to play them, but aren't we all.

:twak:
 

Herbal

Loyal Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
472
Goa releasing an expansion on a major public holiday when most if not all shops accross europe will be shut

smart plan

Thank god i dont pay you gimps my hard earned cash anymore

blizzard > goa/mythic

they actually have good customer support and oh my word semi decent class balance

get out while u still can kids!
 

pomalllka

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
94
Herbal said:
Goa releasing an expansion on a major public holiday when most if not all shops accross europe will be shut

smart plan

Thank god i dont pay you gimps my hard earned cash anymore

blizzard > goa/mythic

they actually have good customer support and oh my word semi decent class balance

get out while u still can kids!
coming from an alb. LOL a noob realm player playing a zerg noob game fiting really.

glad u like it :)

Pom
 

Herbal

Loyal Freddie
Joined
Dec 22, 2003
Messages
472
pomalllka said:
coming from an alb. LOL a noob realm player playing a zerg noob game fiting really.

glad u like it :)

Pom
wow has less zergs in it than daoc but then being a clueless noob you wouldnt know that ;[
 

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Joined
Jan 25, 2004
Messages
3,042
Otho said:
To me that means they did not belive in the product. It is up to the company releasing a product (and their partners) to convince their customers that it is a product worth backing up. So, you are pleased with your marketing effort, good to hear.
Otho. GOA have nothing to do with how many copies a store chose to buy. Webhallen didnt even buy enough to make all who has pre-ordered get their copy. Do not blame GOA for that. That is just stupid tbh.
 

Dorimor1

Banned
Joined
Jan 22, 2005
Messages
2,579
You have to wait two days to get your CD-key, big deal, are you missing out on something? I got ToA about 6 months after it came out and I have 8 artifacts on my mercenary, give GoA a break.
And is it me or do people take GoAs fantastic support and effort for granted? what will you do if one day the stop running the game because they can't be arsed with all this whine :rolleyes:
 

Shadoo

Fledgling Freddie
Joined
Mar 15, 2004
Messages
144
God, they have explained it many times, can anyone be that stupid, give them a break, or if you dont like it leave, too many whiners here imo
 

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Joined
Dec 24, 2003
Messages
8,324
get a grip people. locking this.

And if anyone starts whining about the GMs not doing enough - look at the time on Requiel's post.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom