Repost: Cluster more servers?

Should GOA cluster different language servers?

• Yes.

Votes: 160 55.0%
  • No.

Votes: 100 34.4%
  • Not fussy.

Votes: 31 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
hmm no, then again, no, and nope, no.

I would quit the second they force me to play with alot of germanspeaking people and frenchies. I just dont like when Im beeing spammed with alot of garbage I cannot understand a thing of. Besides, from what Ive seen, we would be zerged to hell aswell. (even worse than now that is)

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
I can only speak for myself & my guildies, but ... we RvR a lot less since cluster.

The problem is not really the lack of players but the general lack of attractiveness of going out into the frontiers to face a horde of l33t high-RR opponents.

Is there any point at all for low-RR non-maxed people to go out & RvR?
No, there isn't.
None at all.
No.
Non.
Nein.
Nix.
Niente.
Nada.

More clustering would only make that worse, not better.

RvR in this game is geared only to the most dedicated, and in the end, with that philosophy, there can only be one, & one alone can't RvR.

Make RvR generally more fun & more rewarding for ALL IMO if you want more people out in the frontiers.

Dave J.

Banned
OohhoO said:
The problem is not really the lack of players but the general lack of attractiveness of going out into the frontiers to face a horde of l33t high-RR opponents.

No matter the population on a server, there will always be groups that are better then the other.

OohhoO

Fledgling Freddie
Givf RPs for healing/repairing/CC in BGs not just in NF.

Givf RPS for taking towers & keeps.

Givf RPs for killing keep guards.

Heck givf 1RP per minute just spent in the frontiers not in a safe zone. The keep-huggers would eventually venture out to RvR & still be total RP-cows for the l33t-RvRers due to their lack of any kind of clue about RvRing.

Heck givf anything to lessen the numbing difference between RR11 & RR1 which totally discourages low-RRs from RvRing more than once!

There's still an enormous number of players who just don't RvR because there is absolutely no point or reward in it for them.

Dave J.

Banned
OohhoO said:
There's still an enormous number of players who just don't RvR because there is absolutely no point or reward in it for them.

Practise makes perfect?

Uberlama

Fledgling Freddie
yee cluster with lyonesse so I could play my fotm bard with english players , then I would renew I think :) for a while that is.. xD

Kinag

Part of the furniture
old.Whoodoo said:
Silly question, only one answer.

No.

For those voting yes, try it out on a german or french server first, then come back and reply again..

I have and I still voted yes.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
ask me before the excal-pry merger i would say yes,
now that we only have 1 english server the answer is most definitely no

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Putting Cumbria onto pryd/exc cluster wouldnt hurt I guess..
Most italians seem to know how to speak english well anyway.

And give Camlann players the choise to /chartransfer to cluster.

edit: ah, it's the spanish server :p but still, same thing. strap them onto cluster jajajajaja xD

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
i think it can be done, and heres how: only cluster the frontier zones, so that english pve stays english pve, german stays german, french stays french etc.

obviously mobs and guards in the frontier would probably have to be named in one language (english - the international language, wether our frogs legs and snail eating friends believe it or not :p)

i mean if glasto is anything to go buy the different languages wont mix much anyways, some yes, but not much.

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
another option is to allow groups to port to the frontier of other clusters in much the same way as u can currently port from excal to pryd or vice versa.

raid

Can't get enough of FH
OohhoO said:
No, there isn't.
None at all.

RvR in this game is geared only to the most dedicated, and in the end, with that philosophy, there can only be one, & one alone can't RvR.

Make RvR generally more fun & more rewarding for ALL IMO if you want more people out in the frontiers.

You got it all wrong imo. ;)

Right now it is the LACK of population that makes rvr bad for casual / non-maxed people. Majority of the people who rvr on cluster these days are those above mentioned dedicated rvr players in their fgs... so ofc thats what you meet when you go out to rvr.

If there was major increase in rvr population, I'm sure it'd be much better for the casual player. The system greatly favors numbers - 3fg moving together is pretty much unkillable even for the very best groups if majority of them are decently geared and have some clue about the rvr system.

With more people out rvr'ing there would most likely be (battle)groups who just invite people to tag along instead of yelling "don't follow" like people on cluster do atm.

Nightrider

Fledgling Freddie
Remove agramon and make a new global rvr zone where english servers (albs, hibs and mids in coop) team up against german and french servers for european domination. :flame:

:worthy: (english vs german vs french) :worthy:

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Nightrider said:
Remove agramon and make a new global rvr zone where english servers (albs, hibs and mids in coop) team up against german and french servers for european domination. :flame:

:worthy: (english vs german vs french) :worthy:

The frenchies would surrender :<

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
OohhoO said:
I can only speak for myself & my guildies, but ... we RvR a lot less since cluster.

No, there isn't.
None at all.
No.
Non.
Nein.
Nix.
Niente.
Nada.

raid said:

Right now it is the LACK of population that makes rvr bad for casual / non-maxed people. Majority of the people who rvr on cluster these days are those above mentioned dedicated rvr players in their fgs... so ofc thats what you meet when you go out to rvr.

If there was major increase in rvr population, I'm sure it'd be much better for the casual player. The system greatly favors numbers - 3fg moving together is pretty much unkillable even for the very best groups if majority of them are decently geared and have some clue about the rvr system.

With more people out rvr'ing there would most likely be (battle)groups who just invite people to tag along instead of yelling "don't follow" like people on cluster do atm.
You're both wrong imo, my cleric just dinged rr3 :p and I still go to RvR now and then, because I think it's fun ;) and even though I'm only rr3, I can still rez people, or heal them that doesn't make any difference. Ofcourse if you solo it's harder because you'll stand in front of people with IP, MoC or what so ever. Go do some personal mission then, they sook don't give a lot of rps but it's a starter.

Icatel

Fledgling Freddie
im fairly shocked at the racism shown here considering DAOC is primarily a game involving the cooperation and coordination of many different people...

/slap to racist peeps!

and FYI, i voted yes! :p

Light

Loyal Freddie
yes - pop right now is around 900

just been on my second ML5 raid that was cancelled due to lack of people

the number of fg's running these days can be counted on one hand

and it seems to be getting worse .. if something isnt done soon I fear it will be too late

and yes i played glast - langauge difference didnt rly bother me at all

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Icatel said:
im fairly shocked at the racism shown here considering DAOC is primarily a game involving the cooperation and coordination of many different people...

/slap to racist peeps!

It's not racism... it's more the fact that the game in not enjoyable with people who you can barely communicate with. Yes it's generally possible to create simple groups cross-language, but it's not nearly as fun when you can't talk to each other beyond the very basics.

Everz

FH is my second home
Void959 said:
It's not racism... it's more the fact that the game in not enjoyable with people who you can barely communicate with. Yes it's generally possible to create simple groups cross-language, but it's not nearly as fun when you can't talk to each other beyond the very basics.

agreed, no fun not having that great of an understanding of a language.

Eregion

Fledgling Freddie
Anything that could improve action would be a good thing.

K

Karath

Tears said:
No. simply because there are NO other english speaking servers.

Take a look at Glastonbury to see what happens with a multilingual server, communication is poor, hard or just plain impossible and lets not mention the 2fg (or more) french FG on /stick steamrolling the frontier which apparently is the norm.

+1 :)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Icatel said:

/slap to racist peeps!

It's not racism. It's a difference in culture between the 2 servers.
Go to Glastonbury if you really want to see the problem.

The number of people that simply answer, lol you think people don't zerg on cluster have clearly just never been there. There's a world of difference between an uncoordinated zerg of random people on cluster where you can extend and kill off a few and 2/3 fg's of opted rr8/9 groups on voicecoms where you stand zero chance.
Think of that hib group of RR10's that steamrolled you last time you were out in the frontier. Now put 3 of them together and think of the fun you can have fighting them.

The problem is simple. The style of play the french have completely ruins the style of play we have. At the end of the day neither is right or wrong, but putting the two together would result in most of the english players canceling their subs within a month, not really helping the situation.

Dorimor1

Banned
raid said:

Yes but you need to ask yourself why all the casuals/non-maxed players left in the first place.

If more came in, they'd all just leave again for the same reason.

Icatel

Fledgling Freddie
ok, perhaps "racism" was too strong a term. But surely it at least shows the laziness on the part of we british speaking people? (in all walks of life may i say).

Would it not be the case that with a little more effort from both parties the game could have the higher numbers AND a similar level of coordination between the languages?

Playing on glastonbury currently, i haven't got to RvR, so cannot comment on "frenchie zergs" etc, but when asked, the non-english speakers seem perfectly happy to try and help out! :)

E

Eruptix

ofc not

germans and french ppl are zerging *****,would ruin 8v8 rvr totaly

- English -

Resident Freddy
ofc not

imo

RS|Phil

Can't get enough of FH
- English - said:
ofc not

imo

English! I thought better of you :)
Book by it's over and that. Some are ok like any race.

Reroll Alb/Glast we need you :p

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Icatel said:

/slap to racist peeps!

I voted no... But I resent beeing called a raceist.

Some of my best friends and working mates ower the years has come from other countries. My sister is adopted and is from the start from Korea...

So... Icatel im ... What you say make you look like a retard... but I will nott call you that coz there is a lot handicaped people around the world that would be offended.. And, frankly, I rather ask them of there opinions about things.. then hear yours..

By the way, I voted no coz there will be no cooperation and coordination if you have a frence pop and one English talking pop on the same sever. The french dont want to speak english and the english can in general not speak french

ofcoz, there is allways exeptions to the role

Varmuus

One of Freddy's beloved
Eruptix said:
...would ruin 8v8 rvr totaly

And again we're up against with this crap. Have you ppl heard theres no privileged 8vs8's in this game? The game concept has been and will be that there's adding and more adding.

Like ppl have many times said (and yes others have said against) pro adding in for helping out fellow real mates, I will too.

Besides, if the "frenchies" do the 5fg stick 'n run, why can't we get united and do 6+ fg stick 'n run? Is the community this weak doing some co-operation? Come on, get your asses up from ground, stop QQ and GET YOURSELFS UNITED AS A REALM! Any realm with ppl playing can and will stand a chance when there's enough ppl to do things together.

:flame:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom