Repost: Cluster more servers?

Should GOA cluster different language servers?

• Yes.

Votes: 160 55.0%
  • No.

Votes: 100 34.4%
  • Not fussy.

Votes: 31 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Reposting this for "Dave J." as the original poll was badly phrased (and would bias results).

If (big if) it were technically possible:

Should GOA cluster the english speaking servers with other european language servers?

post views for/against and vote and stuff.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
No. simply because there are NO other english speaking servers.

Take a look at Glastonbury to see what happens with a multilingual server, communication is poor, hard or just plain impossible and lets not mention the 2fg (or more) french FG on /stick steamrolling the frontier which apparently is the norm.

Lomme

Fledgling Freddie
I'd say yes. The cluster and its population feels a bit same old right now. :(

Higher server pop and new faces would make me reactivate my accounts atleast.

Dave J.

Banned
I'd like to point out that what i had in mind was a big clustered Frontier, as i dont think any server have much problems with the current PvE.

So again: more people out in the frontier, but all servers keep their community in the non-rvr areas.

Everz

FH is my second home
No, cba with zerging frenchies and germans.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Dave J. said:
I'd like to point out that what i had in mind was a big clustered Frontier, as i dont think any server have much problems with the current PvE.

So again: more people out in the frontier, but all servers keep their community in the non-rvr areas.

Seriously, go take a look at Glastonbury and just look at the RvR zones, go see how hard it is to get a group and when you do get outside the first group you meet is 2fg+ of high RR french on /stick so you stand no chance at all. I know our guild were really enjoying playing mid on classic but once that zerg of frenchies started there was no fun left at all.

Dave J.

Banned
Eversmallx said:

I thought that was what this game was about ;)

Or maybe not, as on cluster you dont really see any zergs, nor many FGs. Infact, hardly anything of any kind in RvR.

Note tho that all german and french clusters have their community with competitive FG's roaming an unofficial area.

Dorimor1

Banned
No no no and no doesn't even need a reason it would just be stupid.

The most sensible thing to do would open a European Server, so people know what they are to expect, but even that us suicide.

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Eversmallx said:

Yeah sure english (and the rest of the nations playing in cluster) never do that....

Btw is the cluster still english? I mainly meet danes and greeks on this server :flame:

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Septima said:
Yeah sure english (and the rest of the nations playing in cluster) never do that....

Btw is the cluster still english? I mainly meet danes and greeks on this server :flame:

Yea but Greeks are wanna be Danes!

And Danes just speak better english than the English :(

Rst

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius said:

They speak American English not native English tongue, most Danes have American accents it comes from watching too many Yank tv programs :england:

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
I'm more interested in knowing what language the server would be in, if we were to be clustered with non-english servers.

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Glastonbury is officially english, and at first I remember they tried to enforce that... no french in public channels etc, didn't last long.

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
I don't understand People who are annoyed by others who dont write their language in puplic Channels. I mean who the hell cares. They don't talk to you anyway!

We have this since the Game started and noone cares...Ghettowarlockmasterpimp says something in a Language you don't understand... ;)

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Would rather not cluster with either french nor german server tbh.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
xxManiacxx said:
Would rather not cluster with either french nor german server tbh.

Having the frence and the germans together can lead to problems ;)

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
no fucking way.

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no.

btw did I say no?

ok no, never!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Silly question, only one answer.

No.

For those voting yes, try it out on a german or french server first, then come back and reply again..

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
if cluster... cluster whit germans... seen theyr vids... seem better than french 2fg high rrs in stick

Asq

Fledgling Freddie
Wouldn't know why not. True, it;s annoying to see French people only speak french (although they do have reason to) and not any other language... but face it, most english people don't speak another language either :)

I doubt it;s possible though having frontiers with 3 different languages. As a matter of fact... I hope they don't try cause it might lead to the server being down a long time before, during and after patchday ^^

GReaper

Part of the furniture
The Excalibur cluster still has up to 1500 players peak time, although this has dropped down to 1200-1400 during summer. There is simply no need for more servers to be clustered at this time.

One question we need to ask, is it possible to cluster servers with different languages? If it is, then there may be a point at where it would be necessary to cluster more servers to avoid the game dying. Would those voting no still do the same if there were only 300 people on the server during peak times? What if the cluster turned into Cumbria with a maximum of 140?

If it is possible, leave it until later when the servers really need it. If it isn't, then we're screwed! :p

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Give more cluster.these whinging Mids need all the help they can get:)

Blow

Fledgling Freddie
Maybe cluster with one of the US servers, but thats not possible i believe.

Dave J.

Banned
GReaper said:
There is simply no need for more servers to be clustered at this time.

If it is possible, leave it until later when the servers really need it. If it isn't, then we're screwed! :p

This is the thing, I feel the cluster came too late, several players/guilds had already quit due to low population/activity. This time it would be nice if it could happen before we actually need it. It's like having an infection in your leg - wait too long and you'll have to amputate it ;)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Thadius said:
Yea but Greeks are wanna be Danes!

Bollocks we are, Greeks are so uber they won the European Cup and decided not to qualify for the World Cup to avoid all the other's QQ'ing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom